Proposal: Flyers and Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I know, glad to see you came around.

For the sake of discussion, what defenseman do you think the Flyers should be targeting or are you one of those fans who thinks they should stand pat and continue on a path that has been failing for a decade.
I think this team needs an overall and not a tinkering. And it is a big reason I wanted a coach who can handle kids and is not a "veterans" coach.

I wonder if there is a "Batman" on this team which is a really big issue. Giroux closest to Batman but at his age he is more excellent Robin.

I would rather suffer through a bad d year of York and Zamula growing pains over signing signing Larsson, R Murray, etc types and realize by year 2 we way overpaid (see Hayes).

You need to put Konecky on line 1 with Couts, leave him alone and go all in and get him back to 20 and not 21. Farabee I trust where ever he play, he will be fine so line 2 works for balance for me.

I would look to see if you can make a trade where its salary for salary that fits need. Nate Schmidt comes to mind but Nucks need to make room not add salary. Its not that JVR or Jake stink. Its just they make too much cash.

You expose JVR, JV, and Ghost and pray one gets taken especially JV at 8.25. JVR might go just because of the lack of goal scorers available. Jake the only way I see taken goes along the lines we add a 1, Seattle retains, and Seattle moves for another 1. And this team isn't deep enough to throw away 1's. Its the not player Jake. Its the age, the extra year, and the 8.25 per that will make him tough to move. I would have loved a run at Johnny Hockey and add his speed. But with our cap I don't see it. For record the only way I would even think about adding a 1 to get rid of jake is if they got Hamilton. 1 and Jake for Hamilton net? Sure I get it. Ryan Murray and depth forward? WOOF!

You have to play Frost and pray he is the 2. Hayes is a better 3 than 2. If Frost proves he is not the 2 or gets hurt again, man this organization at c is in deep do do because you can't trust Patrick. L-ski you can hope be a 3 at some point but not next year. Going into a season trusting trusting Allison and Frost will stay healthy is like watching Christopher Walken in the Deer Hunter. Maybe it works and stay healthy. But you are waiting for the inevitable.

They need a bottom 6 f who does the radical thing and checks the other team. This team is way too easy to play against. I want fiery lion Myers from Habs series. Not p***y cat we saw all year.

Maybe Hart can turn it around and that solves A LOT of problems.

I get as Flyers fan I am supposed to say Hart plays well, we add rhd and all is well. But here is reality. Canes, Isles are way better. Bruins need to see who they resign but you suspect better. Pens some year they will fall apart but is it this year? Caps if Ovie is back Caps are better. And dare I say if rangers youth grows up they are better. Its ugly right now.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I think this team needs an overall and not a tinkering. And it is a big reason I wanted a coach who can handle kids and is not a "veterans" coach.

I wonder if there is a "Batman" on this team which is a really big issue. Giroux closest to Batman but at his age he is more excellent Robin.

I would rather suffer through a bad d year of York and Zamula growing pains over signing signing Larsson, R Murray, etc types and realize by year 2 we way overpaid (see Hayes).

You need to put Konecky on line 1 with Couts, leave him alone and go all in and get him back to 20 and not 21. Farabee I trust where ever he play, he will be fine so line 2 works for balance for me.

I would look to see if you can make a trade where its salary for salary that fits need. Nate Schmidt comes to mind but Nucks need to make room not add salary. Its not that JVR or Jake stink. Its just they make too much cash.

You expose JVR, JV, and Ghost and pray one gets taken especially JV at 8.25. JVR might go just because of the lack of goal scorers available. Jake the only way I see taken goes along the lines we add a 1, Seattle retains, and Seattle moves for another 1. And this team isn't deep enough to throw away 1's. Its the not player Jake. Its the age, the extra year, and the 8.25 per that will make him tough to move. I would have loved a run at Johnny Hockey and add his speed. But with our cap I don't see it. For record the only way I would even think about adding a 1 to get rid of jake is if they got Hamilton. 1 and Jake for Hamilton net? Sure I get it. Ryan Murray and depth forward? WOOF!

You have to play Frost and pray he is the 2. Hayes is a better 3 than 2. If Frost proves he is not the 2 or gets hurt again, man this organization at c is in deep do do because you can't trust Patrick. L-ski you can hope be a 3 at some point but not next year. Going into a season trusting trusting Allison and Frost will stay healthy is like watching Christopher Walken in the Deer Hunter. Maybe it works and stay healthy. But you are waiting for the inevitable.

They need a bottom 6 f who does the radical thing and checks the other team. This team is way too easy to play against. I want fiery lion Myers from Habs series. Not p***y cat we saw all year.

Maybe Hart can turn it around and that solves A LOT of problems.

I get as Flyers fan I am supposed to say Hart plays well, we add rhd and all is well. But here is reality. Canes, Isles are way better. Bruins need to see who they resign but you suspect better. Pens some year they will fall apart but is it this year? Caps if Ovie is back Caps are better. And dare I say if rangers youth grows up they are better. Its ugly right now.
Fair enough. So here is our common ground. We are both very frustrated as Flyers fans and want things to change. We just have a very different idea on how to get from point A to point B to make the necessay changes to turn the franchise around.

One comment you made that I think is a possibility is a hockey trade to re-allocate the roster and cap dollars. They have good depth at the wing position and big holes on defense, behind Hart in goal, and center depth could improve as well. I could see Voracek or JVR dealt for a defenseman with another team looking to do the opposite of us. Not sure who that is, maybe OEL. Either way something like thst is certainly a possible outcome.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
What are the actual thoughts on Frost+#13 for Dumba?
Isn't Dumba exposed in expansion? If so, that's way too high a price for someone they'd lose for nothing anyway. They can take what they're offered. That's why Ellis would cost more, regardless of which player any particular poster here likes more.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Sorry, I thought it was 2021 and not 2019 when Morgan Frost was still a top prospect. My mistake.
I mean he still kind of is a top prospect it’s not really his fault he had a season ending injury when filling in as our 1c after coots got injured.. more than likely he makes a full recovery and comes in doing the same things

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You can have Ellis, his beard, his beard trimmings from the past 10 years, his whole grooming kit, for 1st+Zamula. And you can have it AFTER the Expansion Draft. And you can even throw back some lesser contract you don't want anymore (like Hagg - not as big as Ghost though, that's too much).

But I mean, if you wanted to make it a 1st+Frost with no salary dump before Expansion so much the better! :naughty:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Isn't Dumba exposed in expansion? If so, that's way too high a price for someone they'd lose for nothing anyway. They can take what they're offered. That's why Ellis would cost more, regardless of which player any particular poster here likes more.
If Guerin exposes Dumba it's because he's managed to waste a protection spot on Parise, which would be dumb. It's not impossible, but I'd hope it isn't likely.

Even if he is exposed the Wild aren't just going to take what they're offered. They might take less than they normally would, but they still stand to lose good players even if Dumba's traded.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
No.....because this deal would be raked over the coals on the Flyers board.

This deal is shit. Frosts value has not dropped as far as Mad thinks. It dropped due to injury, his talent hasn't changed.

Wasn't talking about the OP. I was talking about the two Flyers fans being the only two to post and argue for two straight pages on the main board.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and Tripod

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Honestly, I would trade 13th OA and Frost for Dumba. You're talking about a quality top four on any roster, top two on many rosters, right handed shot who can skate, play physically and contribute offensively. He is just 26 and has a fine cap number and I don't think he would ask for much more when his current deal expires.

The Flyers give up a player who has been projected to make the team for the last two years but hasn't, and a 13th pick in a draft year where the rankings are based on smaller sample sizes due to lockdowns. I don't like trading Frost ONLY if the Flyers move one of Couturier or Giroux. Otherwise, make the move.

Dumba and Provorov solidify the top four. Now if the Flyers could just get the bonafide #1 dman, that would be a major shift in the right direction for this team.

I like this deal. Two prospects, who we don't know if they will be NHL contributors or not, for a legitimate top four, maybe top two right handed defensemen. Kind of a no brainer to me.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Yes you proved me wrong because a 2 and Jake is worth more than signing Hall. I get it pick 45 will erase 25 million dollars deals. Because if an expansion team needs one thing. Its a 8.25 million 31 year old player who passes the puck to a team that will be hard to find 20 goal scorers in the draft. And pick 45 in the biggest crapshoot draft of all time will be the comp. Yep you sure showed us your wisdom.

Your dismissing Jake is utter nonsense.... I think Frost and #13 are an overpayment for Dumba but Duncan Keith at 37 yrs old just got traded at 5.6 million dollar and Chicago received value so WTF would Jake who brings way more value in a offense starved league and is only 32 have to be dumped same with JVR and Ghost.... Lets wait and see what happens but fans often panic lets just hope our GM doesn't do the same. Retain a million or 2 and Jake is a great addition for any team. People act like he's Okposo or Neal....friggin upsetting. Guy has been one of the top RW for years and is still playing at a high level and yet we need to add picks or top prospects to move him F that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad