Proposal: Flyers and Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Sorry you didn't understand Dumba is less valuable than Ellis.
Actually if you paid attention at all you would know I think he should be the Flyers number 1 target and the best potential option available to them now that they appear out on Jones.. Unfortunately Frost and 13 doesn't get you Ellis's beard.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Actually if you paid attention at all you would know I think he should be the Flyers number 1 target and the best potential option available to them now that they appear out on Jones.. Unfortunately Frost and 13 doesn't get you Ellis's beard.
Now if you were paying attention to Nashville fans on here to get out of 6.5 m Ellis deal they were talking 2 Zamula and 3rd cheaper player.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Now if you were paying attention to Nashville fans on here to get out of 6.5 m Ellis deal they were talking 2 Zamula and 3rd cheaper player.
LMAO, so now some random Nashville fans having poor judgement is equal to real life value. Like I said, Frost and 13 doesn't get you Ellis's beard in the real world.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Alright keyboard tough guy, how about some discussion rather than stupid one liners. Are you saying you think Frost and 13 is enough for Ryan Ellis.
Do I think 1 Frost and 6 million free agent to replace Ellis is enough?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Flyers fans ignoring the value of the cap still. Somehow Seattle is going to waive a magic wand and take Voracek 8.25m and make him disappear like a fart in the wind.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Do I think 1 Frost and 6 million free agent to replace Ellis is enough?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Flyers fans ignoring the value of the cap still. Somehow Seattle is going to waive a magic wand and take Voracek 8.25m and make him disappear like a fart in the wind.
You are ignoring the fact that the Flyers are starting with 13 million in cap space and they are obviously going to make moves to free up more space. Every year we hear this narrative about teams not having cap space and every year they find ways to clear room.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You are ignoring the fact that the Flyers are starting with 13 million in cap space and they are obviously going to make moves to free up more space. Every year we hear this narrative about teams not having cap space and every year they find ways to clear room.
Now who is in the 2018 hot tub time machine?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You are ignoring Hart is rfa, they will need to spend 3.5-4m on a legit 1b goalie and if you are buying out Sanheim fa years that will cost you money. Oh and lest we forget Couts and g free agents in 22 and Farabee will get legit raise. I don't think fans understanding how cap screwed they are. But lets add Larsson and Hamilton and Jones and Savard and the cap fairy will take these issues away.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
You are ignoring Hart is rfa, they will need to spend 3.5-4m on a legit 1b goalie and if you are buying out Sanheim fa years that will cost you money. Oh and lest we forget Couts and g free agents in 22 and Farabee will get legit raise. I don't think fans understanding how cap screwed they are. But lets add Larsson and Hamilton and Jones and Savard and the cap fairy will take these issues away.
Ok, so according to you the Flyers aren't going to add 6 million in salary from outside of the organization (minus a goalie) this summer because of the cap. Got it.

We'll settle up after all moves are made and see who was right.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ok, so the Flyers aren't going to add 6 million in salary from outside of the organization this summer because of the cap. Got it, we'll settle up after all moves are made and see who was right.
In all your genius I never heard how you were going to get the cap room. I am sure Fletch will take care of that by overpaying at the expansion draft though.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ok, so according to you the Flyers aren't going to add 6 million in salary from outside of the organization (minus a goalie) this summer because of the cap. Got it.

We'll settle up after all moves are made and see who was right.
Just review flyers cap issues
Couts need deal asap.
Are you bringing G back at 34?
Hayes over paid
JV overpaid
JVR slightly overpaid but still overpaid
Sanheim u have to buy out fa years

And yes is it possible Fletch is stupid like the fans ignores the cap and then Flyers are royally screwed in 22. I sure wouldn't put it past him.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Ghost out alone gives them 17.5 million to work with and if he isn't taken in expansion they will find a taker. Let's say Myers were involved in a deal to get a defenseman like Ellis. Now they are at 20 million, 18.5 million in functional cap with 1.5 stashed headed into the season.

Hart - 3 million bridge deal
1B goalie - 3 million
Sanheim - 4 million which is generous considering he's regressed
Total - 10 million

That leaves them around 8-9 million to add a defenseman or two, sign a 3C/bring back Patrick, and re-sign Morin to be a cheap 7.

This is all of course without moving Voracek or JVR which I fully expect them to do, in addition to Ghost which will give them a ton of cap space. If that happens cap wise they could afford to add two of Ellis/Dumba/Larsson/Savard etc or one of them and put more money into 3C.

As for your big panic over next year, Giroux and Couturier's salaries should flip more or less and Hagg and Braun are coming off of the books at a total of 3.6 million which will go a long towards Farabee's bridge deal since they should be able to add significantly cheaper options to replace them. Other than those three they have no free agents to be worried about unless signing NAK is a big priority to you.

So, you can save your holier than thou ''you don't understand the cap'' crap. Next.....

Last edited:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Just review flyers cap issues
Couts need deal asap.
Are you bringing G back at 34?
Hayes over paid
JV overpaid
JVR slightly overpaid but still overpaid
Sanheim u have to buy out fa years

And yes is it possible Fletch is stupid like the fans ignores the cap and then Flyers are royally screwed in 22. I sure wouldn't put it past him.
LMAO, I reviewed them months ago. Feel free to keep telling me how I don't understand the cap if it makes you feel better though.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ghost out alone gives them 17.5 million to work with and if he isn't taken in expansion they will find a taker. Let's say Myers were involved in a deal to get a defenseman like Ellis. Now they are at 20 million, 18.5 million in functional cap with 1.5 stashed headed into the season.

Hart - 3 million bridge deal
1B goalie - 3 million
Sanheim - 4 million which is generous considering he's regressed
Total - 10 million

That leaves them around 8-9 million to add a defenseman or two, sign a 3C/bring back Patrick, and re-sign Morin to be a cheap 7. This is all of course without moving Voracek or JVR which is likely going to happen and then they will have a ton of room.

As for your big panic over next year, Giroux and Couturier's salaries should flip more or less and Hagg and Braun are coming off of the books at a total of 3.6 million which will go a long towards Farabee's bridge deal since they should be able to add significantly cheaper options to replace them. Other than those three they have no free agents to be worried about unless signing NAK is a big priority to you.

So, you can save your holier than thou ''you don't understand the cap'' crap. Next.....
68.4m+10=78.4 that is 4m cap space. If you add Morin and 2 rookies and subtract Hagg and Braun that that is 77.5ish. So we add Ellis at 6.5 Myers 2.5 we are at 82ish and close enough. Of course we are assuming Nashville wants Myers as part of the deal and it is always a brilliant strategy to trade a d man on an off year.

Oh the comedy. You can trade for 6m player but you better be ready to kiss G goodbye.

So how are they going to move JVR or Voracek without taking money back? Why wouldn't a team just sign Hall instead? Maybe MAYBE Flyers lose Ghost in ED and sign a Larsson type.

Hagg and Braun and Myers you are trading so you are going 2 rookies and looking like

Provorov, Ellis, Ghost, Sanheim, York, Zamula, Morin as resigned fa. Oh please pair Ghost with a rookie because that tandem will go swimmingly!!!

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
68.4m+10=78.4 that is 4m cap space. If you add Morin and 2 rookies and subtract Hagg and Braun that that is 77.5ish. So we add Ellis at 6.5 Myers 2.5 we are at 82ish and close enough. Of course we are assuming Nashville wants Myers as part of the deal and it is always a brilliant strategy to trade a d man on an off year.

Oh the comedy. You can trade for 6m player but you better be ready to kiss G goodbye.

So how are they going to move JVR or Voracek without taking money back? Why wouldn't a team just sign Hall instead? Maybe MAYBE Flyers lose Ghost in ED and sign a Larsson type.

Hagg and Braun and Myers you are trading so you are going 2 rookies and looking like

Provorov, Ellis, Ghost, Sanheim, York, Zamula, Morin as resigned fa. Oh please pair Ghost with a rookie because that tandem will go swimmingly!!!
You would be wrong. It took me about 10 minutes on cap friendly to come up with this on the fly. If I felt like spending a little bit more time I could do more.

Ghost to wherever for futures
Voracek to Seattle in expansion, attach a 2nd and mid level prospect
Something around Myers, Frost, and a pick for Ellis or Myers and Frost for Dumba

Center
Couturier
Hayes
UFA - 2.5 million
Patrick - 1 milion

Wing
Giroux
JVR
TK
Farabee
Lindblom
Laughton
UFA - 1.25
Allison
NAK

Defense
Provorov
Ellis
Sanheim - 4.5
UFA - 4
York
Braun
Hagg

Goalie
Hart - 3.5
Bernier - 3

Comes out to a total of 78,207,023 which enables them to head into the season with a cap cushion of 3,292,977 which is more than they need. I could have done spent 1.2 million more and had them with a cap cushion of 2 million which is still more than enough. Check my numbers if you want but I assure you they are accurate.

Next summer is next summer's problem. Either way, Couturier and Giroux's salaries should flip more or less. Braun and Hagg are out for a total of 3.4 million which they can replace with a cheap 7D and young player or cheaper veteran number 6 for a total of about 2 million. There is no way of knowing what Farabee does this coming season and what type of deal he will be in line for but either way you free up 1.4 million towards his raise on that alone and you are on your way

The following summer you have JVR's 7 million coming off the books and by then the cap should start to go up again anyway.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You would be wrong. It took me about 10 minutes on cap friendly to come up with this on the fly. If I felt like spending a little bit more time I could do more.

Ghost to wherever for futures
Voracek to Seattle in expansion, attach a 2nd and mid level prospect
Something around Myers, Frost, and a pick for Ellis or Myers and Frost for Dumba

Center
Couturier
Hayes
UFA - 2.5 million
Patrick - 1 milion

Wing
Giroux
JVR
TK
Farabee
Lindblom
Laughton
UFA - 1.25
Allison
NAK

Defense
Provorov
Ellis
Sanheim - 4.5
UFA - 4
York
Braun
Hagg

Goalie
Hart - 3.5
Bernier - 3

Comes out to a total of 78,207,023 which enables them to head into the season with a cap cushion of 3,292,977 which is more than they need. I could have done spent 1.2 million more and had them with a cap cushion of 2 million which is still more than enough. Check my numbers if you want but I assure you they are accurate.

Next summer is next summer's problem. Either way, Couturier and Giroux's salaries should flip more or less. Braun and Hagg are out for a total of 3.4 million which they can replace with a cheap 7D and young player or cheaper veteran number 6 for a total of about 2 million. There is no way of knowing what Farabee does this coming season and what type of deal he will be in line for but either way you free up 1.4 million towards his raise on that alone and you are on your way

The following summer you have JVR's 7 million coming off the books and by then the cap should start to go up again anyway.
The strategy as I predicted is Voracek cap number vanishes like a fart in the wind. Never change Flyer fans.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The strategy as I predicted is Voracek cap number vanishes like a fart in the wind. Never change Flyer fans.
Nope. Compensation was sent to Seattle to take him. You were proven wrong and moved the goal post for about the third time. First the trade proposal was bad value, then it didn't matter because of cap, then I provided a detailed outline which proved everything you said wrong, and you decided sending compensation to Seattle to take Voracek ''doesn't count'' despite not only being a possible outcome but something that is rumored as being discussed. If it makes you feel better, it can be JVR and his shorter term cheaper contract going to Seattle. Under my plan that would still enable them to be under the cap by almost 2 million dollars.

Either way you made your point and were unequivocally proven wrong. Now, if you could please stop derailing my thread and let people who want to discuss a potential Minnesota/Philly trade involving Dumba do so that would be great. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Nope. Compensation was sent to Seattle to take him. You were proven wrong and moved the goal post for about the third time. First the trade proposal was bad value, then it didn't matter because of cap, then I provided a detailed outline which proved everything you said wrong, and you decided sending compensation to Seattle to take Voracek ''doesn't count'' despite not only being a possible outcome but something that is rumored as being discussed. If it makes you feel better, it can be JVR and his shorter term cheaper contract going to Seattle. Under my plan that would still enable them to be under the cap by almost 2 million dollars.

Either way you were outright proven wrong. Now, if you could please stop derailing my thread and let people who want to discuss a potential Minnesota/Philly trade involving Dumba do so that would be great. Have a great day.
Yes you proved me wrong because a 2 and Jake is worth more than signing Hall. I get it pick 45 will erase 25 million dollars deals. Because if an expansion team needs one thing. Its a 8.25 million 31 year old player who passes the puck to a team that will be hard to find 20 goal scorers in the draft. And pick 45 in the biggest crapshoot draft of all time will be the comp. Yep you sure showed us your wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad