Confirmed with Link: Flyers acquire San Jose's 2015 3rd round pick for rights to Tye McGinn

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hopefully we can get a 2nd round pick somehow. Funny that an AHL player can get a 3rd but people say Lecavelier has negative value... I know the contract hurts but it's not that bad.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not sure if someone mentioned it but this pick replaces the pick we used to acquire Mason and get rid of Leighton.

Still can't believe the value we got here, or for the Mason deal to mention it.

The Mason deal looks good now but we basically paid for potential when initially acquiring him. He was down right awful leading up to the trade & even later said he was contemplating retirement until the trade.

Goalies don't really go for much now a days in general but Columbus still got good value for a guy who was a train wreck & they had no use for anymore with Bob there.

At the times of both trades I would say both teams got good value for Mason & Bob.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully we can get a 2nd round pick somehow. Funny that an AHL player can get a 3rd but people say Lecavelier has negative value... I know the contract hurts but it's not that bad.

No, it's bad. He was blood and guts to get to 20 goals with an elevated shooting percentage. It's likely going to be worth whatever it takes to send him along.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

it is that bad, and you are kidding yourself if you believe he will net an actual asset .

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't think you guys are seeing what I'm trying to say here. Maybe I could've worded it better.

I'm not saying "his contract isn't that bad" ... as in "it's OK".

I'm saying "his contract isn't that bad" ... "that" referring to negative value.

I know he's hardly worth anything, and certainly not anything of real value, but I don't think his contract makes him have negative value. I don't think a player who can score 20 goals can really have negative value. Very little value, yes. But I don't think I'd say negative.

When I think of a player/contract with negative value I'd think of Leino.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't think you guys are seeing what I'm trying to say here. Maybe I could've worded it better.

I'm not saying "his contract isn't that bad" ... as in "it's OK".

I'm saying "his contract isn't that bad" ... "that" referring to negative value.

I know he's hardly worth anything, and certainly not anything of real value, but I don't think his contract makes him have negative value. I don't think a player who can score 20 goals can really have negative value. Very little value, yes. But I don't think I'd say negative.

When I think of a player/contract with negative value I'd think of Leino.

vinny and leino are about equal in value , if anything i would value leino more ismply because he has 1 year less on his contract. On ice play doesn't factor simply because both are non factors there at this point.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
vinny and leino are about equal in value , if anything i would value leino more ismply because he has 1 year less on his contract. On ice play doesn't factor simply because both are non factors there at this point.

... even with more years and more money, there's no way a 0 goal scorer is the same as a 20 goal scorer... if Lecavelier can stay healthy and isn't on the 4th line I could see him scoring more, but I guess the risk is whether a team thinks he can stay healthy or not. Either way, I just don't think this is the kind of contract that would be considered negative value.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I was a big Tye fan. Thought he had the tools to be a full time NHL'er, never took a shift off. That being said, 3rd rounder for him? Great value.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

wow you are full of **** if you truly believe Vinny and leino have equal value, Vinny may not be anything remotely close to what he used to be but you along with 85% of this board really undervalue him, the hate is kinda getting old around here on a player that put up 20 goals with a fractured back, granted he was demoted to the 4th line and was horrid on his "off wing"

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT

hilarious, I wet my pants when reading the 'on ice play doesn't factor' statement :laugh:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I was a big Tye fan. Thought he had the tools to be a full time NHL'er, never took a shift off. That being said, 3rd rounder for him? Great value.

McGinn has good hands and hockey sense, but he just doesn't have the footspeed to play on a scoring line at the NHL level. I hope he finds a role in SJ. Good value for a guy Berube doesn't want to play.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York

you are joking right? :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad