Confirmed with Link: Flyers acquire San Jose's 2015 3rd round pick for rights to Tye McGinn

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Good deal, espcially since McGinn likely wasn't in our future plans. Also good to get a 3rd back to replace the one we are missing

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
McGinn's time had come when Akeson supplanted him for the playoffs. Good asset management by Hextall.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
And as I expertly alluded to in another post – not to say that I'm an insider or anything – but Blair Jones is sorta kinda like McGinn.

Do I really need to put a :sarcasm: for the first part of this?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nice. He was not making the roster and we get an asset.

I like revenge offersheets! :laugh:

Things I like about Tye McGinn:

Has a great work ethic.

Will do anything for the team. (even something stupid.)

Habit of being in right place at right time.

His signature backhand EN goal.

Has a great jawline... if his NHL career fails he can be a Batman impersonator. Shame his jaw is not as good in practice as on paper.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Nice. He was not making the roster and we get an asset.

I like revenge offersheets! :laugh:

Things I like about Tye McGinn:

Has a great work ethic.

Will do anything for the team. (even something stupid.)

Habit of being in right place at right time.

His signature backhand EN goal.

Has a great jawline... if his NHL career fails he can be a Batman impersonator. Shame his jaw is not as good in practice as on paper.

think of all the glory he could fall back on.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Really? I can't believe someone would offer sheet someone like McGinn. Then again, the Sharks just signed John Scott so I guess it's not that crazy.

It was posted on the Sharks board. Can not find it on twitter so I guess on the radio/TV it was said?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
sharks gave up a 2nd for manbearpig so they have very odd values for 3rd liners. THis reminds me of the powe trade, thought i see powe as having much more value but less upside than mcginn.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Yeah I think they're pretty high on Brandon Alderson as well. He can do a lot of the big body stuff as well plus he's a better skater than McGinn.

With our cap situation, it'd be nice if he has a good enough camp to win a 4th line spot. A nice cheap contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad