Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5, Penguins 1 - It's Lit

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
that's what we should expect this season from MM. 2-3 stinkers a game. wednesday got everyone's hopes up but that's not the goalie we've had all year.
Wish you would've criticized Fleury like this when he was single-handedly losing this team games year after year in the post season. If you did, I would at least be able to take you seriously.

Murray wasn't good tonight, but you don't have to throw in all of the extra nonsense.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Guentzel - Crosby - ZAR
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Rust - Brassard - Hornqvist
Sheary - Sheahan - Kuhn

If we dont win game 3 on Sunday and struggle to score again. Bring up Sprong. No reason we should only have 1 goal in any game.

Put up at least 5 on them all year.

Step one is get Brassard away from Phil. Even after winning 7-0 that line did nothing. And will continue to do nothing. Waste of a trade if Sully remains stubborn with that.

That seems like a lot of panicing for no reason.

Reactions: KIRK and Ogrezilla

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
PP just needs to dump the puck in if they can't enter the zone, Philly doesn't have the D or puck-playing goalie to make that an unviable strategy.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They really do need to change the lines tho and try Jooris in for Kuhn.
I know peeps think the 5on5 was good but...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
People are making a lot about noise about Sid not scoring on his two chances and, while I agree it's frustrating, failed chances are part of the game. They're going to happen. It doesn't let other guys off the hook for basically being no shows.

But for me this was ultimately just a case of one team getting every break and the other team getting none(especially in the 1st and 2nd). It happens. I'm not losing any sleep over this one.

I cited that his not scoring tonight on his prime chances was one of the differences between today and Wednesday.

The bounces definitely was another.

BUT, there's nothing wrong in saying Sid needs to bury those chances. After all, most of the time, he does.

BTW, Sully better think carefully about his lines for Sunday. Phil and Sheary need to be insulated. Playing them together is a recipe for disaster, because Hakstol will chase advantageous matchups.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I know it was a lopsided score, but i really didn't think the Pens played that bad.

Combination of bad luck and Elliott outplaying Murray is what cost the pens the game.

I'v seen enough of Brass and Phil together, its just not working, time to Move Sheahan to that line.

Reactions: Beau Knows

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The usual give us some pps after already being down 2-0 to make it look like it was an even called game. That first period was going great until the ref(from way down the ice) called that penalty on ZAR.
The way this game went you can subtract that absolute trash call, I still say Flyers win 2-1. Penguins had no finish tonight.
Just a shame the ref's had to say you can play how you want, then call bullshit from a game changing moment onward, I'm beside myself.
Really, you can't let them play rough and then call bullshit. You just can't do it. It took away from a great battle of a game.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Need to get the 3rd line going in this series. The Flyers needed this game since they were embarrassed in game #1, and didn't want to go down two games to zero back to Phlly. The pens can't get frustrated when things don't go their way.

Reactions: Beau Knows

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The Pens refusal to move their feet and support on the PP was a big difference.

Phil was barely moving. Sid was turning pucks over. Then, when those two got done killing a penalty, Geno tried to beat 4 guys on a zone entry because nobody was doing anything.

One other thing: I've been a BIG Justin Schultz supporter on the PP, but no more. Dude makes 5.5M per year. The PK cheats to take away Phil and Geno shooting the puck. Schultz has to let those shots rip. He has to take those one timers in his wheelhouse. And, when he bothers to do it, he needs to put a ******* puck on net.
I've been talking about Shultz all season long., can't hit the net, can't pass to Geno for the life...

Reactions: Treent1 and KIRK

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I know it was a lopsided score, but i really didn't think the Pens played that bad.

Combination of bad luck and Elliott outplaying Murray is what cost the pens the game.

I'v seen enough of Brass and Phil together, its just not working, time to Move Sheahan to that line.

If you think Brassard is the problem....the problem rhymes with Bonnor Carey.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
On to a raucous crowd in Philly, backing a team the the Pens just handed momentum and confidence to.

The mystical “switch flip” that allegedly occurred in game 1 is a joke. This team is how we (some of us) thought they were, a seriously flawed team that is carried by the raw talent in the roster most of the time.

The Flyers adjuster and went to the trap, the Pens’ kryptonite, and it worked to perfection. They didn’t have an answer for it.

And what I feared the most, the Pens getting agitated and frustrated by Philly, is occurring. They are getting sucked into all the after the whistle stuff and hacking and whacking guys, taking selfish penalties, and costing the team. They seem to be targeting Horny and it is working as Horny went psycho tonight and got kicked out.

So many teams over the years have employed this tactic against the Pens and best them with it. I thought they were over it in recent years but Philly has sucked them back in.

Would not at all be surprised to see Philly win this series. The cocky arrogance of some Pittsburgh fans is cringeworthy. They thought that the Pens were going to steamroll Philly in 4 or 5...

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Pens didn’t think it was easy.. they lack some execution.. it haunts them and not being relentless on puck battles and not being aggressive to attack on stupid opponents traps..

Sometimes bounces doesn’t go your way.. Champions do lose games .. along the way.. it isn’t end of world ... yes Pens needs to find consistency in having jump to play full 60 minutes after any game.. 7-0 or not ..

Sully happens to find ways to adjustment better.. he didn’t .. it’s been like that all year since Tocchet left..
Murray have to be better to steal games regardless if Defense is bad or not .. I’m not knock him but Jarry and DeSmith has do that in some games this year..better than him..

If it was up to me I would had started DeSmith tonight then Murray in Philadelphia..

Pp needs to be better with less passing sometimes ..
Shoot the puck more stay aggressive to win game.. fire power in their skates to win every facet of the game etc..

These next games in Philadelphia is important time of series right now.. two win there then win at home ..

It’s reminds me of Sens vs Pens last year .. only thing Pens will win in 5 .. I thought 4 .. my bad.,

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Score accurately depicted tonight how the Pens played. Garbage hockey. Like the fans, they thought the series was over already. They deserved this.
The approach to this game should have been keep it scoreless for as long as possible.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
goal 1 went through his body/blocker and goal 3 was terrible. both should have been saved.

8475e9d3580bae8fe7335c91fb14f6da.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad