Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5, Penguins 1 - It's Lit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

Reactions: domaug

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

Special teams and shot placement killed em.

That is all.

Pens in 5 still. Flyers didnt even shut us out on our worst night. They should still be scared.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What was different tonight:

1. Pens didn't get the bounces. The Flyers did.
2. Elliott didn't implode.
3. Flyers adjusted . . . passive 1-2-2 for all but scoring lines, backed up 4 on the PK.
4. Sid didn't bury his chances.
5. Wes Macauley . . . no words.

EDIT: Horny losing his ******* mind doesn't help.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We played well enough to win but Philly got lucky and had the refs on their side

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Oh well, just like Wednesday was only a win, tonight was only a loss. Down to best of 5 although they lost Home Ice advantage in the process.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We were out executed on special teams, with positioning and in net. Philly clearly made adjustments and were much better in taking away our time and space.

Reactions: Angrrus and BHD

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I'm expecting a lot of hot takes after this one, so I'll keep it brief and then I'm going to go enjoy some adult recreation. Cole noted the other day that we had all the puck luck going our way, which likely turned a 3-0 sort of result into a 7-0 spanking. The same thing applies to tonight, except reversed. If the shots that hit the posts went in, if Sid hadn't shot it through the empty crease, etc, the outcome is very different. We didn't play well, particularly on special teams, but I'm not reading more into it than that. This was the one game we always seem to throw away. We're still the vastly superior team. Sullivan has always done a good job of resetting the team after a loss like this. All that's changed is that the series is going to take longer than would be ideal. Maybe I'll second guess that if we drop consecutive games, but I don't see that happening. All of the Flyers critical flaws were still on display, we just didn't capitalize on any of them.

PS. Wes McCauley should be keelhauled.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Penguins hit iron 4 or 5 times.

Sid missed a breakaway and an open net.

Brassard and Jake missed on one timers from the slot.

Flyers got some breaks with the reffing.

Meh. Can't go 16 and 0. Penguins in 5.
yep. If you replay the exact same scoring chances 100 times, I bet we come out of this game with 4 goals more often than 1 and they come out with 1 or 2 more often than 4. We didn't execute, and they got some bounces.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
You know that thing where we said these lines and Kuhn in will be enough to beat PHI?
May have to re-think that.

That nothing call on ZAR and PHI scoring on that PP set the tone.
They or shall i say Sid had chances to get them back in...needed to convert.

Credit PHI and Elliot tonight.
Need to steal one in their barn now.

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Not often you can sweep a team nowadays. Filthy took a page out of Ottawas playbook when they were up a couple. Makes sense, because it will work close to half of the time if your team is outmatched.
Murray needs to be better, and so do the top 9. Those gingers aren't going to roll over and die. These guys should know that.

Reactions: Treent1 and vodeni

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Few unlucky bounces..especially the Crosby miss..

Outplayed them 5v5. This is the rangers series from 2016 all over again. Flyers don't scare me at all. Brian Elliott got super lucky this game.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
sigh. it's frustrating because it was a winnable game.

oh well. onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad