Post-Game Talk: Flyers 5, Penguins 1 - It's Lit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
Played pretty well at even strength, just keep that up and either play better at special teams or stop doing dumb shit to put themselves in special teams situations.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The good thing is the guys had their chances, you can get away with not taking advantage of those maybe once or twice though.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Guentzel - Crosby - ZAR
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Rust - Brassard - Hornqvist
Sheary - Sheahan - Kuhn

If we dont win game 3 on Sunday and struggle to score again. Bring up Sprong. No reason we should only have 1 goal in any game.

Put up at least 5 on them all year.

Step one is get Brassard away from Phil. Even after winning 7-0 that line did nothing. And will continue to do nothing. Waste of a trade if Sully remains stubborn with that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
A bullshit game. But the Flyers have to count on getting those kind of breaks regularly over a 7 game series to hang with us.

Possible, but highly improbable. Like Cole said earlier, we play 10 games like that we likely win 6 or 7.

Reactions: KIRK and Brandinho

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I’m still dumbfounded at the embellished call when it should have been a 5.

There is a lot of pre planning to be dumb enough to call that

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Sounds dumb losing 5-1 but I thought the Pens played pretty well defensively. The Flyers just capitalized on their chances, particularly on the PP. The Pens offense was abysmal. The powerplay was especially horrid. Elliott played much better but I don’t know that he had to make any huge waves aside from Sid’s breakaway. That was about the only dangerous chance they had all night. Pretty sorry effort.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
We lost this one on special teams. You're going to get bad bounces against. Murray kept us in it early, we had chances on the PP to even it up, we lost our cool. Just gotta do better in the next game on the PP so they can't sandbag the neutral zone the entire game again and not take penalties when we're trying to get back in the game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
that's what we should expect this season from MM. 2-3 stinkers a game. wednesday got everyone's hopes up but that's not the goalie we've had all year.

Can’t you go back to the hole you crawled out of?

Murray gave up one soft goal all game. And it was because Konecky outplayed our D.

Anyone can see that this game was lost on Rust and Hornqvist taking bad penalties and getting frustrated.

Schultz and Brassard have to be playing injured.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
+ I still believe in this team. Let's Go Pens!

Also, **** the refs in this one.

And then **** them again.

The usual give us some pps after already being down 2-0 to make it look like it was an even called game. That first period was going great until the ref(from way down the ice) called that penalty on ZAR.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
People are making a lot of noise about Sid not scoring on his two chances and, while I agree it's frustrating, failed chances are part of the game. They're going to happen. It doesn't let other guys off the hook for basically being no shows.

But for me this was ultimately just a case of one team getting every break and the other team getting none(especially in the 1st and 2nd). It happens. I'm not losing any sleep over this one.

Reactions: Beau Knows

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this is the problem when Geno got cold, Sid's arguably one of the worst games of the season, Phil sucks anyways and no one else steps up (except Horny) and scores...

wtf. happened to hags????

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Pens refusal to move their feet and support on the PP was a big difference.

Phil was barely moving. Sid was turning pucks over. Then, when those two got done killing a penalty, Geno tried to beat 4 guys on a zone entry because nobody was doing anything.

One other thing: I've been a BIG Justin Schultz supporter on the PP, but no more. Dude makes 5.5M per year. The PK cheats to take away Phil and Geno shooting the puck. Schultz has to let those shots rip. He has to take those one timers in his wheelhouse. And, when he bothers to do it, he needs to put a ******* puck on net.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Tim Peel had 2 horrendous calls. Both he called from 75 feet away while Wes McAuley saw it differently from 10 feet away. This guy has no place officiating in the playoffs. The players consistently rate him as one of the worst officials in the league.

This league is so stupid.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Can’t you go back to the hole you crawled out of?

Murray gave up one soft goal all game. And it was because Konecky outplayed our D.

Anyone can see that this game was lost on Rust and Hornqvist taking bad penalties and getting frustrated.

Schultz and Brassard have to be playing injured.

And RG couldn't even properly analyze that goal. He thought it had something to do with Murray's glove. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so embarrassing (his posts, not Murray's play).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad