Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Pens 0 - Kunitz for Selke

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Marchand scored. Crosby is no longer the goal scoring leader and bumped to 4th in the points leader.

Jesus. Brad Marchand possibly winning the Rocket/Art is the strangest thing in a long time.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
They need to get healthy more than anything by far, but if people want to continue to try and evaluate this team as the roster stands today feel free. You'd be better of just complaining about Sid. At least you can quantify what you expect from him.

But of course the cure to all our ails is to put Wilson on Malkin's line. Wilson, who thought he could one-time a bouncing pass from Malkin into the net from the top of the circle. Yeah....... I'm no Kunitz fan but it's pretty much throw a dart to fill any forward position after the obvious five guys. If you think Kunitz sucks, great. Replace him with Wilson. Or Kuhn. Won't make a damn bit of difference.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Kunitz really should be benched for the playoffs. No hustle or effort at all. At least he brings grit and hitting.

Pens were due for a bad game. Can't win them all.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The team goes 3-1-1 while crossing three time zones, playing with 5D twice and a third of the lineup out with injury...

And on the last leg of the trip, a tired injured team played like a tired injured team.

Let's all everyone lose our minds!

Tell me you watched that game and didn't see line-up choices that made our team demonstrably, significantly worse than it had to be with the players we had at our disposal.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
The team goes 3-1-1 while crossing three time zones, playing with 5D twice and a third of the lineup out with injury...

And on the last leg of the trip, a tired injured team played like a tired injured team.

Let's all everyone lose our minds!

like ColePens said, this is a post-game thread, not a post-road trip thread.

we're allowed to be mad that they got creamed, injuries or no.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jesus. Brad Marchand possibly winning the Rocket/Art is the strangest thing in a long time.

Marchand has scored more goals in 2 seasons so far then Crosby (this one not done yet), Kane might win 2 artrosses when Crosby has been healthy. People might start saying Marchand is a better goal scorer then Crosby, hell I've already seen people say Kane is a better player then Crosby. Now all of a sudden Crosby is 4th best player in the NHL and dropping because Mathews and Laine, so now he's 6th best haha.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
They need to get healthy more than anything by far, but if people want to continue to try and evaluate this team as the roster stands today feel free. You'd be better of just complaining about Sid. At least you can quantify what you expect from him.

But of course the cure to all our ails is to put Wilson on Malkin's line. Wilson, who thought he could one-time a bouncing pass from Malkin into the net from the top of the circle. Yeah....... I'm no Kunitz fan but it's pretty much throw a dart to fill any forward position after the obvious five guys. If you think Kunitz sucks, great. Replace him with Wilson. Or Kuhn. Won't make a damn bit of difference.
Atleast i know Wilson will go 110% out there. Get in the corners and actually try.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kind of weird they didn't just move Wilson or Cullen up.

Cullen is best off in his role. Wilson still has some upside. Dude deserves a look with Geno.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Marchand gets a lucky goal gifted to him by Chad Johnson. How come Crosby never gets these lucky breaks? Like seriously.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Marchand has scored more goals in 2 seasons so far then Crosby (this one not done yet), Kane might win 2 artrosses when Crosby has been healthy. People might start saying Marchand is a better goal scorer then Crosby, hell I've already seen people say Kane is a better player then Crosby. Now all of a sudden Crosby is 4th best player in the NHL and dropping because Mathews and Laine, so now he's 6th best haha.

Crosby doesn't have the linemate excuse now. He's playing with two of our best players. He loses out on both trophies now, it's time to admit his time has come and gone.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
They caught lightning in a bottle last year. Every bounce went their way and the whole thing fell in their lap.

This Charmin soft team will get crushed to dust against the Caps or Jackets. It will get ugly.
Pens didn't even get bounces last year.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
This is a post game thread, not a post road trip thread. The *****ing is warranted.

Of course, many also take a single game as a platform for predicting the entire playoffs a month from now.

******, disappointing game. Didn't expect an easy win, but the Flyers are so mediocre that I thought they could rebound from Calgary.

Anyone mention Kunitz? He is past his prime.

God I wish Sundqvist scored that SHG.

I had a pierogi pizza from Aiello's and this stole a bit of pleasure from it.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Kind of weird they didn't just move Wilson or Cullen up.

Cullen is best off in his role. Wilson still has some upside. Dude deserves a look with Geno.

? They did exactly that in the third. Wilson-geno-cullen.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Tell me you watched that game and didn't see line-up choices that made our team demonstrably, significantly worse than it had to be with the players we had at our disposal.

Yeah cause the team is just littered with difference makers right now...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah, screw context.

You're probably right, and that's about all you'll get.
That's all i really want. You also can't judge Wilson off one period while not even playing with kessel. I'd like them to actually give Wilson a full game with geno and kessel.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
Yeah, screw context.

you want context? where's your context in your comparison of Wilson to Kunitz?

you act like we think Scott Wilson is some godsend on their wing. he'll make mistakes, too. you choose to ignore, though, that the mistakes Wilson will make tend to be because of either bad bounces or getting out-battled due to size/strength. the mistakes Kunitz makes tend to be because of lack of effort or mind-numbing dumb decisions.

yes, we're allowed to be frustrated with how the team dictated their play tonight and how they got creamed by a division rival. the team's injury situation is well-documented. we get it. you don't have to drive the damn point home every time people are frustrated with poor performance. the team having as many injuries as it does doesn't mean we are prohibited from being frustrated.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Is it just me or does Sheary fumble the puck like a thousand times each game? Especially today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad