Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4 at Blackhawks 7 | Oct. 18, 2016 | Regular Season Game 3

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Wow, VDV had a 75% OZ starts last night and he only had a 25% CF... holy ****...

PEB had 27.8% CF when he had no OZ starts.

And why the **** was Gordon starting in the OZ 80% of the time last night?

Not saying I know the reason, but at the ticket holders meeting both Hak and Hexy said something in terms of how they liked their 4th line last year and especially PEB. because of the hustle and them keeping the momentum in our favor. So maybe that's the reason they were given those offensive starts, to keep pushing because otherwise they are least likely to enter the zone and do something. So it might not been meant for them to score, just to keep pushing chicago defense? Who knows. However it's clear that our third line is slumping and given the personnel on 4th line, there's not much to be expected anyway.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I think some of you have shot your expectations of Weise a little high, he has scored a max of 29 pts in a season.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
For those concerned about how Hak has ratcheted up dmen going on the attack, it's worth pointing out that system was designed with the assumption that we'd have Gudas and MDZ. Getting Gudas back will hopefully, theoretically help out. As should MDZ. Right now they're running an aggressive system with Streit playing above his head with a rookie, MacDonald playing over his head, Schultz who isn't much of a fit for that style at this point, and Manning.

Edit: Now I don't know that such a system can work, but it's certainly less feasible with the players we are using now. Adding Sanheim down the road will help too.

Sanheim, Morin, Myers, Friedman, etc. All could help. But the Flyers are giving big minutes to guys who no longer belong in the league regardless of system.

You look at the prospect pool and you can easily see where they fit into the system Hakstol is trying to run. Unfortunately too much of the current roster doesn't fit.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
It blows my mind that VdV is still on this team. There is absolutely no upside and the current product is garbage.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ghost receiving the shot from the point like it was a pass and then going the other way. Or perhaps something else :dunno:

Yes. Some people asked for it. The GIF doesn't do it justice though. Live, it looked like something out of an EA NHL game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad