Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4 at Blackhawks 7 | Oct. 18, 2016 | Regular Season Game 3

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
People have mentioned we need a good 3c which I agree with. I think Hexy hasn't added one because he probably doesn't want to spend valuable assets on one and the. Lose a good forward in the expansion draft because of it. Basically we are going to lose one Raffl, Weise, Read, Cousins or Laughton in the draft.

I was saying it would be Weise/Raffl/Laughton/Cousins for so long, but now Read seems as likely as any of them to be spending 17-18 in Vegas.

Hell, what if he plays so well Hextall actually protects him? It's unlikely, but if he puts up 20 goals again....

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Giroux, Voracek, and Couts had bad games? :laugh:

Incorrect.

The defense had a bad game and the bottom 6 were as useless as expected, but the top 6 was the only reason the game was watchable.

Giroux has a 3 point game and he didn't play well? Please.
All the top players were minuses which isnt good and the top players being the leaders never start on time which is no different then last year or the year before that. Points aren't everything. The forwards as a whole never help the D out barely at all either. Not trying to argue with you either Stiiker.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
All the top players were minuses which isnt good and the top players being the leaders never start on time which is no different then last year or the year before that. Points aren't everything. The forwards as a whole never help the D out barely at all either. Not trying to argue with you either Stiiker.

Dude, no forwards in the world could cover enough for this defense. The defense lets the offense down 100x more than the offense lets the defense down.

Schultz, MacDonald, Manning, and Streit were godawful. The other two are too young to be expected to cover for them so naturally when their partners screw them they're not going to be able to carry the load, plus of course the rookie mistakes made last night.

And the top line being negative in +/- last game isn't much of a surprise when the opponent scores 7 goals and those goals were on goaltending and defense screwing up beyond belief. The forwards aren't perfect, but last night can't be blamed on them at all.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Don't bother. No facts will ever shake him from his already established narrative.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Weise is 6th in CorsiF & CorsiF Relative on the team.

He also has the 5th lowest OZ Starts on the team.

He hasn't showed up on the score sheet and that's frustrating, but he's also playing with a 3C that almost all of us think is playing too high. Line him up with Cousins and Raffl and I think you got something there.

I have been fine with Weise so far.

He is as noticeable as Umberger so far.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Dude, no forwards in the world could cover enough for this defense. The defense lets the offense down 100x more than the offense lets the defense down.

Schultz, MacDonald, Manning, and Streit were godawful. The other two are too young to be expected to cover for them so naturally when their partners screw them they're not going to be able to carry the load, plus of course the rookie mistakes made last night.

And the top line being negative in +/- last game isn't much of a surprise when the opponent scores 7 goals and those goals were on goaltending and defense screwing up beyond belief. The forwards aren't perfect, but last night can't be blamed on them at all.

Schultz? He was quietly solid so far this season, way better than expected and today he might have made best offensive move of his career when setting up Couturier. Not sur eif that qualifies godaweful.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I see what's happening, the Flyers lost so we start discussing the "blow it up" philosophy.

I thought it would take a little longer, but you can see that's where the discussion is going.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You can get away with letting MDZ walk.

But if Mason goes, you need to find a replacement starter. Neuvirth can't be relied upon to be the #1 and start 40+ games. To me signing Mason should be a priority for this team.

I've had this sneaking suspicion - based on almost nothing more than a gut feeling - that Hextall saw something in Lyon that told him he would be his guy, at least in the medium term. I've got no proof to back this up, it's just a feeling I have. And I thought that Lyon wouldn't have signed with us without some idea that he would get a shot eventually. As I say, it's just a feeling and probably won't come to anything.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Toews was -1 too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

You really are a glutton for punishment Striiker.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Who do we vote is out first on D? Streit/Schultz/MacD?

I removed Manning because out of those 4, he's played the best.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Who do we vote is out first on D? Streit/Schultz/MacD?

I removed Manning because out of those 4, he's played the best.
Streit was bad against Chicago, but he was one of our best players in the first 2 games.
That pairing just had a bad night. No need to change everything now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad