Flyers' 2013 Training Camp Roster, Injury Report and Discussion

RJ8812*

another pic of Schenn and Pronger, this time with a white board

ProngerSchenn615.jpg

I hope Pronger sticks around a bit and continues to help out like this

"It's called Pronger physics. Not many people out there can pull it off"

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
At vorhees today...briere skating in non contact jersey before practice starts with the assistant coaches.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
Anyone else excited to have Sestito possibly in the lineup again? I felt like we did better when he was around last year, guy is a beast out there.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
How has Luke Schenn looked at camp so far? I am actually really excited about him for the upcoming year, which probably means he will bomb lol.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Which is why he will have a short NHL career if he doesn't improve that aspect of his game. I love the style of play Rinaldo brings but lets be realistic here Reno fans. This isn't the same hockey i grew up watching in the early 90s. There is no room for one dimensional role players anymore.

briere and the recent addition of foster says theres room for one dimensional players it just depends on the element.

ive given up on football.the draw of hockey to me is that its a collision sport. thats the element that keeps me watching and i root for players (rinaldo and now schenn) that seek out that part of the game. its what makes the fact that those other guys can skate so impressive. but without the hunter, watching foxes run is boring on the national geographic channnel.

with the lockout ive had time to think about it and while the season is on i get caught up in whats going on and i root for the team but as an investment in time vs enjoyment im actually pretty glad i gave up my partial plan. with the price of a ticket being the same as my peco bill its not worth it without the chance of watching somebodys lights go off.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
They've been running five lines and four D pairs in practice, but you can pretty much get a sense of who is on the inside track for a job and who's on the outside.

These have been pretty set:
Hartnell - Giroux - B. Schenn
Fedotenko - Read - Simmonds
Talbot - Couturier - Voracek

Assuming Briere ends up somewhere on the 2nd line do you think Read moves down to play with Couturier and Voracek?

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Anyone else excited to have Sestito possibly in the lineup again? I felt like we did better when he was around last year, guy is a beast out there.

I am excited to have Sestito in the line up. Him and Rinaldo out there together should be fun to watch. He's got some hockey sense as well. Not tht he'll be scoring goals but he isn't a complete liability out there. The game against Dallas last year had Rinaldo, Sestito, and Zolnierczyk on a line. Their forechecking was relentless. Hopefully that happens again this year.

cardinal0512

Aug 10, 2005
My thoughts would be 'Are you kidding?'

Most of the experts think he'll play in the NHL this year at a much more reasonable rate. Given the back-half of our defense and the injury question marks, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Most of the experts think he'll play in the NHL this year at a much more reasonable rate. Given the back-half of our defense and the injury question marks, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world.

I think he is still a very capable 5-6, possibly even 4... if he was on 2mil he would not been buried, but 6.4 mil was just impossible to pay for a non top 4 dman! He was arguably better in the AHL than Souray was as well, and that guy proved he can still play in the big league.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
With Redden being bought out by the Rags, thoughts on kicking the tires on him?

I rather go after Gomez. Have Gomez center the 3rd or 4th line so we don't have to burn a year off of Laughton's ELC on a shortened season. Could probably bring him on a cheap deal one year reclamation contract too. A line of Gomez, Read, Simmer would be good in my opinion would also allow Couts to play a more offensive role. Again just my opinion.

Hartnell-Giroux-Briere*
Schenn-Couts-Vora*
Read-Gomez-Simmer
Feds-Talbot-Wellwood/Rinaldo/Sestito/Shelly

*denotes could switch

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Umm like Gomez this will be a summer of 2013 transaction...so maybe for next year?

New development today: TSN link

The NHL and NHL Players' Association have come to an agreement on players being forced to stay home for salary cap reasons this season.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com, teams are now eligible to exercise an "accelerated compliance buyout" on one player with a salary cap hit of $3 million or more before the regular season begins on Saturday.

If a compliance buyout is used this week, a team will have only one left to use next summer.

That could be good news for players such as Scott Gomez and Wade Redden, two players who are not playing this season because if they got injured, their teams could not buy them out after the season.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Good to see Pronger and the Flyers undoing the damage done by the Leafs. Apparently he lost the weight they told him to put on then punished him for, and now Pronger is teaching him how to properly screen a goalie with your hand. "Make sure it looks like you're directing the play! Don't try this with Auger around."

Meanwhile the Leafs want to make JVR a center and have discovered his signature move. We take a borderline bust and repair him. They take a borderline bust and bust him harder. Toronto is a silly place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad