News Article: Fluto: These moves show that Peter Chiarelli believes in his Bruins

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Lucic was flapping his gums in handshake last year and not a peep vs habs this year.The moment Subban pushed him he should have clocked him. Heck it might have changed way Subban plays vs them rest of the way.Anyways its just my opinion.Any other team maybe I agree but not them.

No, it would have encouraged Subban to play that way even more, because he'd have drawn at minimum a double minor. And the Refs certainly don't put away their whistles knowing that Subban is a punk...if anything they cater to Subban and the Canadiens pu$$y tendencies. Looch is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in these cases, so IMO, best you can do is try and hammer him cleanly until HE responds with a cheap shot and gets called, and then maybe even it up by destroying him. Make Subban get the first penalty.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Ray Feeraro on 98,5 yesterday with T&R said everyone he knows in game that had Seids injury takes a year of recovery to get back where was and believes Seidenberg will to. Agree

Seidenberg will be solid next year problem with sports fans in general lack of patience

Totally agree with this. Seids is a very conscientious person and one of the hardest workers in the NHL. Remember how he wanted to come back last year. And he was willing to waive his no movement this year if the front office didn't want him. I'm sure he will work his way back to 100%, hopefully in these p/o :D. "He'll Be Back" folks :rant:

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
To be fair, not sure the people who said it was a good deal were wrong as much as just unlucky. Who could've predicted an ACL tear very shortly after he signed it? We've had some bad luck with deals that look like steals and major injuries following shortly after. First Savard at $4M, now Seidenberg. Not ready to write Seidenberg off yet, but it is concerning the way he's looked coming off a major injury and being a guy getting up there in age.

More fair second guess than the Seidenberg contract that nearly everyone agreed with is putting so much faith in his health and his play this year coming off that major surgery. Lots of people had doubts about that, and their doubts have proven to be right. I actually thought both Seidenberg and the Bruins would be fine on D myself, but obviously I was wrong and so was Chiarelli.

I remember going back and forth on who to trade, Boy or Seids. At first I wanted Boy to stay because of Seid's injury, but then I switched to Seids cause he is cheaper, more versatile, and I believed Seids would make a full recovery. Still stand by that even if the recovery takes longer than what I expected.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Ray Feeraro on 98,5 yesterday with T&R said everyone he knows in game that had Seids injury takes a year of recovery to get back where was and believes Seidenberg will to. Agree

Seidenberg will be solid next year problem with sports fans in general lack of patience

I agree with you 100%

It was and is foolish to think he could come back 100% from that injury in less than a year. Yet Chiarelli and a lot of people seemed to think he would and should have.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Bruins doesn't have the personnel to match MTL's speed. Our defense is slow and too often on their heels. They have to hold/hook and get penalized for it. The system has very few to do with our problems against MTL.

Who is a faster team? Detroit or theHabs? They did fine against a much faster Detroit team. The problem is that the Habs don't get called for holds & hooks vs the Bs. They hook & hold more so than the Bs do. MTL's speed is a myth.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
9oQW14ANzfeBWkpopdHbYJU7vqX12pkEbfJbY2sE4Y-wprLNoacVP1JrfEkbIEXoRAl3JTlnDjaGjlWjjCgAAfIO6MqMjZpCBnE6QSYzpBzN2B5juJjqHBZir9Q=s0-d-e1-ft

courtesy WEEI.com

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
Need to ask how many people can look at Seidenberg and honestly say they hope Chara gets the surgery in the off season and aren't completely worried about what's going on there......

38 years old..... Lose a season to the surgery itself and a year to recover your play. Putting him at 40 years old before he's "recovered".......

Would be surprised if Chara has the surgery unless there is actually no choice. That right there is pretty damn close to a career ender for the big guy........

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
With all of their warts, I would take a millennium of Chia and Julien over another year of the BS that Harry put us through. He turned into a bitter old curmudgeon who, along with the support of his owner, had the arrogance to think he could force the League to act and spend the way they wanted it to. In the end, Jacobs just took control of the ownership group and forced the labor strife.

I guess he got his way, but he and Harry took the best years of Ray Bourque, Cam Neely and many others and flushed them down the toilet. Only after crapping on them first though.

Maybe it's why I have a tendency to chafe at "he sucks" and "he's a moron" comments that are thrown around here so much. You don't know "suck" until you've endured the Harry and Jeremy crap show for years and years. ********ers.

Apologies for the rant.....:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Thanks for this. As a decades-long fan, I know exactly where you're coming from.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Need to ask how many people can look at Seidenberg and honestly say they hope Chara gets the surgery in the off season and aren't completely worried about what's going on there......

38 years old..... Lose a season to the surgery itself and a year to recover your play. Putting him at 40 years old before he's "recovered".......

Would be surprised if Chara has the surgery unless there is actually no choice. That right there is pretty damn close to a career ender for the big guy........
Gotta hope it can heal on its own, or something arthroscopy can fix at worse. Would be near impossible for Chara to come back from a major knee surgery imo.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I hate people who go into the express lane with a gazillion items. Bergevin is a punk. ;) Quality over quantity. I'll take Connolly over all of the Habs pick ups.

Speaking of WEEI, they have a couple of good columns up by DJ Bean analyzing the Bruins' moves (sorry on my phone and can't link), one by Benz with a "Bruins fail to impress at deadline" headline, and one by some guy named McLaughlin saying they should have been sellers. You can guess which ones are worth reading.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
People forget that Wes Welker had the same injury while with the Patriots. Happened in the final game of the year, and he was ready to go for the season opener the following season. He looked slow and shakey though for the entire year, and definitely wasn't the same player. The following season? Back to form.

I'm willing to give Seids a mulligan on this season due to the recovery process, etc. If he still looks like this next year, there's absolutely a cause for concern.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Harry Sinden sucked, but Bourque's Bruins choked half the time...Look at some of those teams that lost to inferior teams, and if you were one that said how great Chicago was, you must have missed those Edmonton teams.

So if you don't penalize Chia's teams for choking vs the Canes, Flyers, Caps and Habs then why do you his? Bruins were well on their way to winning until Ulf cheaped Neely...Would have killed the Stars that year.. Chia gets to use the injury excuse constantly.

That being said, I'd take Chia over Sinden any day of the week, but people have selective memories.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
People forget that Wes Welker had the same injury while with the Patriots. Happened in the final game of the year, and he was ready to go for the season opener the following season. He looked slow and shakey though for the entire year, and definitely wasn't the same player. The following season? Back to form.

I'm willing to give Seids a mulligan on this season due to the recovery process, etc. If he still looks like this next year, there's absolutely a cause for concern.

spot on

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Speaking of WEEI, they have a couple of good columns up by DJ Bean analyzing the Bruins' moves (sorry on my phone and can't link), one by Benz with a "Bruins fail to impress at deadline" headline, and one by some guy named McLaughlin saying they should have been sellers. You can guess which ones are worth reading.

wondering out loud if what the B`s might have been selling were even of any interest to other teams?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Isn't there an argument to be made that an 8th seed, with injuries to their best players, with cap issues, in a total sellers market should have made moves?

Like it's not that far fetched is it?

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007

While I get the analogy - comparing skating to running is an apples and oranges comparision.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
wondering out loud if what the B`s might have been selling were even of any interest to other teams?

Good point.

You would think Eriksson would be... Seids would be a tough sell..fail to see how there wasn't a draft pick market for Paille, Soup, and McQuaid... Soderberg would have been a a great rental at 1 mil. and you can still resign him.

Personally OK they will give it a run, but selling would have been interesting.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007

I would like to think that any current playoff team with a weaker PK would have some interest in Paille or Campbell as 4th liners. Those guys are very good in that aspect.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
While I get the analogy - comparing skating to running is an apples and oranges comparision.

I'm not comparing skating solely to running. The point is, he plays a position where he gets killed on every play he makes. He needs to be able to make quick cuts, take hits to the legs, etc. Things that won't be natural and look/feel right to the athlete because the knee is still recovering from a major injury.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Isn't there an argument to be made that an 8th seed, with injuries to their best players, with cap issues, in a total sellers market should have made moves?

Of course it is, when you've bought into enough of the Bruins kool-aid.:D

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Thanks. Bean is a very level headed writer. Hope he is right about Bartkowski. Less pressure to be mistake free will let him play his game. And when Bart plays with confidence, he can be a top 4. Ideal situation would be Chara & Seids get back to 100% and Bart plays lights out for his new contract.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

There is, but its weak. Wasn't an option according to Jacobs. Plus there is always a chance with this core in the p/o. And players do get healthy, hopefully sooner than later.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I vote "no."

I can see teams picking up Paille or Campbell off a waiver wire-don't know that anyone would give a pick or prospect up for them. Pie would be a good depth player and frankly I think he is on his way to being a borderline 4th line/13th forward and probably with another organization.

Kelly has too big a cap and frankly as much as some fans want him traded I actually think he is a good player to have around if your carrying guys in the waning years of their career. I think Kelly could be some young team's Recchi at some point.

Loui would have meant a roster player coming back, but I could see interest.

Seids I don't think they shopped (unless it was part of a hockey trade type deal). He holds some value but probably not a lot and not enough to replace him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad