Post-Game Talk: Flu Jackets @ the CDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What is it about these guys? We’re hemorrhaging scoring chances. Thankfully Sammy is strong so far

Caps are dumb enough to play the Jackets game instead of playing their own. You'd like to think that they had enough time to prepare for this one but it certainly doesn't look like it so far. Gotta stop trading chances or they'll need a strong Samsonov and a lot of luck to win this one.

Reactions: Pomee

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
The amount of clutching/grabbing/interfering they do is ridiculous. Whats the point of the rule book if you're not going to use it? Guaranteed if the caps did the same, we'd be called for 10+ penalties.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I love the pace!
Kuzy again our worst player tonight so far. Cant make an easy simple pass... :(

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I love the pace!
Kuzy again our worst player tonight so far. Cant make an easy simple pass... :(

Pace is nice but you gotta play to your strenghts. Caps seem desperate to beat Columbus at their own game and it's clearly not working. They're trying to play faster than the Jackets but while doing so they keep on turning over pucks. I mean it didn't work the last two games...not sure why Reirden didn't just tell them to focus on their own game. Kinda mindboggling and highly questionable coaching:huh:

Take care of the f***ing puck:mad:

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
What a block by Oshie! :yo:
He must be pretty mad at his missing linemates.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sammy was excellent.
The rest of the team needs to wake up.

This mess is on the coaches unless the players are doing the exact opposite of what they were told. It's not that they're playing poorly...their strategy/tactic isn't working.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Vrana are just way too soft right now. That’s why lines 1 and 2 can’t do anything tonight and lines 3 and 4 have been way better. They’re the only two lines that can match CBJ work ethic, which is really all they have as they are not a skilled team. Yes Ovechkin is a beast (when he wants to be) but he also goes through spurts where he doesn’t assert himself, gives up the puck way too easily and can’t win a stick battle. I love Ov but with his strength he needs to be stronger on the puck. Those three almost need to be on different lines because two of them together can be painful to watch when they aren’t working hard. Those lines rely way too much on Oshie and Wilson to forecheck.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
This mess is on the coaches unless the players are doing the exact opposite of what they were told. It's not that they're playing poorly...their strategy/tactic isn't working.

Right now I'm going with the players aren't paying attention. How many times are they going to try and make the cute pass and have it deflected and end any possible pressure? It's ok to dump it down the boards and try to get it back.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006

I agree, there is something wrong with the plan/strategy against Columbus.
Our team is simply way too better to lose with this team every time.
Not to mention how many injured players they have right now.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
I agree, there is something wrong with the plan/strategy against Columbus.
Our team is simply way too better to lose with this team every time.
Not to mention how many injured players they have right now.

Looks to me like CBJ is outworking us. That's not on the coaches.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Looks to me like CBJ is outworking us. That's not on the coaches.

Nope, they're not. Caps are trying to make fast and cute plays and they're trying to outpace Columbus. None of it is gonna work against this team. They're trying to beat Columbus with their own weapons and it's the wrong strategy. Effort isn't the problem. Can't say that they're not trying.

Reactions: Corby78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad