Post-Game Talk: Flu Jackets @ the CDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Props to CBus, seriously... they forecheck like banshees and force mistakes, take away space and go north/south in a hurry; with all those injuries too Torts has got them playing the right way ;)

'W' goes to Samsonov for keeping Caps in it the first 40, he's getting better and better every game
Big pluses to Hags/Orlov/Oshie/Panik/Wilson tonight

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
There’s just so many random players in the league now that look like PeeWee’s. What is Wilson supposed to do, not smash them?

I want him to hit every chance he can. That was textbook hockey hit imho. Wilson makes this league still interesting.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Vrana are just way too soft right now. That’s why lines 1 and 2 can’t do anything tonight and lines 3 and 4 have been way better. They’re the only two lines that can match CBJ work ethic, which is really all they have as they are not a skilled team. Yes Ovechkin is a beast (when he wants to be) but he also goes through spurts where he doesn’t assert himself, gives up the puck way too easily and can’t win a stick battle. I love Ov but with his strength he needs to be stronger on the puck. Those three almost need to be on different lines because two of them together can be painful to watch when they aren’t working hard. Those lines rely way too much on Oshie and Wilson to forecheck.
That's the story of every line Ovechkin plays on the last 3-4 years. The picture in playoff games is a bit different but overall..you get it.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Caps D is soft. Just read someone posting that this would be a fun playoff series. Hell no, cbus loves them some softies on the other end. They will come for their heads. For Jensen's head in particular. Keep posting this dumb shit how he's great via advanced metrics. He will cost you another series and Maclellan will finally see what's happening.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Not sure, but the folks trying to ruin hockey on the main boards won't shut up about Wilson's awesome, legal hit.
I was there and nobody complained

Everyone started cheering wildly and I was like "Reshow that shit" and the scoreboard kept saying "ALL CAPS" because they wouldn't replay it. I need to get around to re-watching it now.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Re Ovechkin:

He’s obviously hurt. Hands and or wrists.

But of course — let’s crap all over him as he’s certainly not established in any manner, and he’s never one to play thru injury (dude misses like 25% of every season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad