GDT: Florida @ Toronto - April 1st 7 PM- Sportsnet "Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike three."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
What will happen
We lose the game "leafs suck they're gonna get swept, were too soft ect ect ect"
Leafs win the game "dosnt count, Florida is a playoff team, let's see them do this in the playoffs blah blah blah blah"

Lol
GLG.
Matthews 4 goal night!

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Yup Knies needs to go after Bennett with a big check or start a scrap with him. Having Reaves or Domi fight him isn't going to change anything they weren't even here last playoffs.
I agree but Bennett is more than a bit of a wild-eyed nutbar, so that takes some cojones to jump in there. Hope he does. In the perfect alternate universe I live in (the one where we signed the Orr kid when he wanted to try out for the Leafs), assistant captain, State-mate, and surrogate big-brother Auston tunes him up for the kid.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I don't think game result really matters to either team and/or either fan base .. likely we win our home game and they win theirs .. guy in our room know what Bennett did to Knies .. it would be great to see Knies get his revenge .. not sure if he has ever delivered a spear or an elbow or a board but it would be worth a 5 and a game on Bennett .. again just sending him heh I don't forget

Knies is a pretty big boy. Hopefully Reaves is teaching some of these kids a thing or two, about handling themselves when necessary. Reaves can probably contribute more to this team, through that kind of teaching, than most of his on ice play these days.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Looked at rest of schedule we got about 5-6 games that should be like playoff hockey. This is one of games tonight that should not be easy.

Reactions: ToneDog

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I know guys are dinged up, but it definitely feels like there’s some late season rest being built into these “injuries”, and I’m okay with that

Reactions: banks

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The crowd was wild in Buffalo the other night, hopefully our home arena can follow up on that atmosphere! It’s been a while since I’ve seen our crowd fired up for anything.
Leaf fans only get fired up when they receive a new text message when at the game. Such a docile, sterile, corporate crowd ( I used to be one of them at a time, even had a corporate seat to a couple of games back in the day. )

I love capitalism, but some of these guys should just donate their tickets to rabid fans who would love to see a game, especially come playoffs.

It will remain that way since the blue collar fan is all but shut out from any lower bowl tickets.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The only correct abbreviation for etcetera is etc. Ect. is just a common error.

ect, is so appropriate ... when discussing Leafs and their fans.

Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a medical treatment most commonly used in patients with severe major depression or bipolar disorder that has not responded to other treatments. ECT involves a brief electrical stimulation of the brain while the patient is under anesthesia.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leaf fans only get fired up when they receive a new text message when at the game. Such a docile, sterile, corporate crowd ( I used to be one of them at a time, even had a corporate seat to a couple of games back in the day.

I love capitalism, but some of these guys should just donate their tickets to rabid fans who would love to see a game, especially come playoffs.

It will remain that way since the blue collar fan is all but shut out from any low bowl tickets.
Why is it necessary to be 'rabid' to be considered a fan?
We pay $8500 to sit in the 2nd last row of the upper bowl, are we not fans?

IMO, anyone that's there comes to see the game.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Being physical is not limited to fighting.
100% but poster said "Yup Knies needs to go after Bennett with a big check or start a scrap with him. Having Reaves or Domi fight him isn't going to change anything they weren't even here last playoffs."

I'm all for Knies using his big body to crush Bennett and any other Panther he gets in his sights. Matthews as well.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Leaf fans only get fired up when they receive a new text message when at the game. Such a docile, sterile, corporate crowd ( I used to be one of them at a time, even had a corporate seat to a couple of games back in the day. )

It will remain that way since the blue collar fan is all but shut out from any lower bowl tickets.
As a season ticket holder, I'd consider it irresponsible to donate my tickets to someone infected with rabies.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Bennett is tactical with who he chooses to fight. Its always some non-fighter most likely and/or somehow smaller than him that he knows he can work over. He a p***y boy

He'll probably go after Knies or something if the game gets nasty
For once - FOR ONCE - I'd like to see the Leaf squad be proactive and take it to Bennett right from the get go. Do not give him the choice of where to pick his spots. Take it to this guy from the opening whistle. We control the narrative, not this dufus.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
As a season ticket holder, I'd consider it irresponsible to donate my tickets to someone infected with rabies.

Yes, that would be bad, but it might be their last chance to see the team live ...

OT, but I just read about Rabies.
We grow up hearing about it, all the time in Canada, probably many countries.
Rabies is fatal once symptoms develop.
99% of human rabies are from dog bites.
There is a vaccine for rabies.

Immunization of people​

Very effective vaccines are available to immunize people after an exposure (as PEP) or before an exposure to rabies. Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is recommended for people in certain high-risk occupations (such as laboratory workers handling live rabies and rabies-related viruses) and people whose professional or personal activities might lead to direct contact with bats or other mammals that may be infected with rabies (such as animal disease control staff and wildlife rangers).

PrEP might be indicated also for outdoor travellers and people living in remote, highly rabies-endemic areas with limited local access to rabies biologics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad