GDT: Florida @ Toronto - April 1st 7 PM- Sportsnet "Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike three."

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
IMG_3289.jpeg

No fooling around…

"Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike three." — Michael Scott

The Florida Panthers (47-22-5) will open their final road trip of the 2023-24 regular season when they pay a visit to the Toronto Maple Leafs (42-22-9) tonight at Scotiabank Arena. Thanks to a pair of third period tallies from Aleksander Barkov, the scuffling Cats were able to get to the shootout where Sam Reinhart’s goal in the top of the first round gave them a much-needed 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday. An important two points as Florida’s recent run of poor play has kept the Maple Leafs within striking distance of second place in the Atlantic Division. A loss tonight will cut the Panthers lead over Buds to four points, with Toronto holding a game in hand.

The Maple Leafs are coming off a rousing 3-0 victory over the Buffalo Sabres at KeyBank Center that saw Auston Matthews notch his 60th goal of the season to equal his career-high with 5:37 remaining in the game. Ilya Samsonov stopped 34 shots to post his 20th win and third shutout of the campaign. Toronto is on the verge of clinching a playoff spot for the eighth straight season, with their magic down to three. Matthews and William Nylander lead the Maple Leafs in scoring with 95 points.

WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET “He who hesitates is a damned fool.“
WHERE: Scotiabank Arena – Toronto, ON
“Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.”
ON THE TUBE: Sportsnet
SOCIALS: , #LeafsForever, #FLAvsTOR,
SEASON SERIES: Game 3 of 4 (1-1-0)
LAST MEETING: @TOR 2, FLA 1 (SO) 11/28/2023
NEXT MEETING: April 16, 2024
PROJECTED STARTERS: Florida: Bobrovsky (33-16-3 .914 / 2.40 4SO) Toronto: Samsonov (20-6-7 .893 / 3.03 3SO) or Woll (11-9-1 .910 / 2.87 0SO)

IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg
IMG_3285.jpeg
IMG_3286.jpegIMG_3287.jpeg
IMG_3288.jpeg

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Will be nice to see how we stack up against Florida and a red hot TB as well. And we will do it again to end the year. We’ve really only beat one good team since the Boston loss a month ago, so this is a big test of where we really are to me. Should be a fascinating couple games.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
They play Florida and Tampa back to back this week and then back to back to finish the season. These games are going to be wild, playoff style hockey. They have playoff history with both and are likely to meet one or both this season as well.

They need to keep their heads up and be on the right side of the physicality.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly as much as I would love a physical game....Im praying no injuries.

Keep the brawls for the playoffs when it counts

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes the key to game tonight is entirely about sending Florida a message so they know they will be 2nd toughest team in playoffs after us .. score itself means very little but still nice to win too .. that said we need to square things up with Bennett before playoffs either tonight or at end of season .. he needs to pay da piper

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yes the key to game tonight is entirely about sending Florida a message so they know they will be 2nd toughest team in playoffs after us .. score itself means very little but still nice to win too .. that said we need to square things up with Bennett before playoffs either tonight or at end of season .. he needs to pay da piper
Bennett is tactical with who he chooses to fight. Its always some non-fighter most likely and/or somehow smaller than him that he knows he can work over. He a p***y boy

He'll probably go after Knies or something if the game gets nasty

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I really am not worried about winning or losing this game just send a message physically. Don’t care if it turns into a goon fest right away.
Just like the first game in Boston.
Let’s see if McCabe pulls everybody into the fight again.

Bennett is tactical with who he chooses to fight. Its always some non-fighter most likely and/or somehow smaller than him that he knows he can work over. He a p***y boy

He'll probably go after Knies or something if the game gets nasty
Maybe he doesn’t want to see Knies get angry.
Maybe he won’t like him if he gets angry.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I will go out on a limb and say if they win the consensus will be it doesn't matter. It's not the playoffs. If they lose it will be an indication that t they are not ready.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Without Mitch, Morgs, Jarnkrok, Ed, Lily, I can't see Leafs beating them if Panthers "want" this game. To me they just have to compete and not get blown out of the their own building. Send them a message!!
I don't think there is any realistic possibility of the Leafs being "blown out". If anything, the Panthers have been struggling lately so this should be a good chance for the Leafs to gain a couple of points on Florida and Boston.

I will go out on a limb and say if they win the consensus will be it doesn't matter. It's not the playoffs. If they lose it will be an indication that t they are not ready.
I will go out on an even bigger limb and say that no matter the result in this game, it will mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

Reactions: bax and Jojalu

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't think game result really matters to either team and/or either fan base .. likely we win our home game and they win theirs .. guy in our room know what Bennett did to Knies .. it would be great to see Knies get his revenge .. not sure if he has ever delivered a spear or an elbow or a board but it would be worth a 5 and a game on Bennett .. again just sending him heh I don't forget

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think game result really matters to either team and/or either fan base .. likely we win our home game and they win theirs .. guy in our room know what Bennett did to Knies .. it would be great to see Knies get his revenge .. not sure if he has ever delivered a spear or an elbow or a board but it would be worth a 5 and a game on Bennett .. again just sending him heh I don't forget
Knies should address his grievance or forever be the lamb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad