GDT: Florida Panthers vs. Montreal Canadiens 11/15/16 7:30pm EST RDS, SNE, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
10-0 at home.
Price.
Panthers can't get anything going on the road.

Vegas sets MTL money line at -140.

What?

Other than the Panthers having good historical success vs the Habs, what is the story with this line?

we have a long history of over achieving early in the season, and this start is no different, don't let the current record fool you, its a long season and we will be lucky to finish in a wild card spot,

this team is still built for the regular season and not the playoffs, we are a first or second round team regardless of where we finish,

we are never going to be competing with washington, tampa, or pitts in a seven game series, they all would smoke us,

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Cartwheels help with that? I'll give it a try. :skeptic:

On a serious note, they really could have used the center depth that Eller gave them. At the very least, he would be a serviceable 4C.

Mitchell is a better 4th c then lars, and Danault looks to be better then lars.

So I don't know where he would have fit.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
we have a long history of over achieving early in the season, and this start is no different, don't let the current record fool you, its a long season and we will be lucky to finish in a wild card spot,

this team is still built for the regular season and not the playoffs, we are a first or second round team regardless of where we finish,

we are never going to be competing with washington, tampa, or pitts in a seven game series, they all would smoke us,

Yet they have beaten two of of those teams this year quite easily.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
Yet they have beaten two of of those teams this year quite easily.

i wouldn't say we beat them easily, i would say we were far out played in at least one of them, but regardless, playoffs and seven game series are a completely different ball game, this team is not built for the playoffs

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island

I tend to agree with you on just about all fronts. I guess Vegas thinks their streak is coming close to an end here and maybe it's tonight.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Wouldn't have believed I would be saying this but my God does Flynn need to come back. I'm pretty sure that if we were injury free Desharnais would be in St. Johns.

His career in jeopardy and he plays like utter garbage for two games.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Radulov sick and our lineup just looks uuuuuugly. We really have to make some acquisitions up front or start putting more responsibility on the kids like Ghetto and Hudon, namely.

We are missing two top-six forwards (at least in the way they're lined up) in Radulov and Lehkonen.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Radulov sick and our lineup just looks uuuuuugly. We really have to make some acquisitions up front or start putting more responsibility on the kids like Ghetto and Hudon, namely.

We are missing two top-six forwards (at least in the way they're lined up) in Radulov and Lehkonen.
Our depth is taking a beating. There's no doubt take the team needs another top 6 winger.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
if Radulov is the difference between a winning lineup and an "uuuuugly" lineup, then our problems are much deeper then Radulov alone,

agreed, this team is going nowhere fast

Urgh! You remind me why I don't come on these boards often anymore. It's always negative.

We're missing 3 regulars, it's not just Radulov. And care to explain why we're not built for the playoffs? Can't be size because Pitts won last year. Can't be speed, because we have that. Can't be goaltending because we have that. Specials teams? nope we fixed that with Muller. So what is it?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Wait -- you said Price's 'flu' was a coverup and he'd be out months! And you also said he'd never be close to the goalie he was before!

I'm getting it now... you predict the opposite of what actually happens. Great news! Based on your post we're Cup-bound!

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
When will they put Beaulieu back with Weber.

That was when the team defense looked the best by far, and Emelin was playing well with Petry.

Have no clue why Shaw gets Patches and Gallagher and Galchenyuk gets Danault and Byron....

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009

That was when the team defense looked the best by far, and Emelin was playing well with Petry.

Have no clue why Shaw gets Patches and Gallagher and Galchenyuk gets Danault and Byron....

I'd say it's normal that Galchy gets the better players... Which Danault and Byron are at this point

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'd say it's normal that Galchy gets the better players... Which Danault and Byron are at this point

This is the problem with exaggeration on the boards, people believe it.

Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher are much better players than Danault and Byron.

Danault and Byron have been playing well, patches has not, and Gallagher has been getting blended around the lineup.

In terms of who I want on my line though? Ill take a multi-season #1 LW and #1 RW in those two.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Wait -- you said Price's 'flu' was a coverup and he'd be out months! And you also said he'd never be close to the goalie he was before!

I'm getting it now... you predict the opposite of what actually happens. Great news! Based on your post we're Cup-bound!

He also said that Radulov appears no better than Semin. That Price will never win a cup. That Shaw is a cheap shot artist.... Habs4ev? Not buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015

talk to me after he plays an entire season, 10 or 15 games means nothing

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Emelin has looked way better with Weber than Beaulieu did. Also, Emelin never played with Petry this year.. it has been Markov all year.

akratique

Aug 17, 2008

tumblr_lr30zbAV8y1qc2036o1_500.gif

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

With a healthy lineup we have this:
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw
Carr-Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron -Mitchell - Flynn

Looks like a pretty good lineup to me. Any line can score goals.

We also have good depth in case of injuries since DD, Ghetto, Hudon, Terry, and McCarron are all nhl ready.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I think a lot of people are failing to see how difficult our schedule is going to get. We have our California trip which our team never seems to walk out with anymore then 2-3 points at the end of the month and around Christmas, we have a ton of back to back games and long road trips going all the way threw until March. We've never been good in western Canada either which comes at the end of the season. We have to pot as many points as possible now just to give ourselves a chance at the playoffs. With so many back to back games, Montoya is going to get a decent workload so we can't just solely rely on goaltending.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Just a side note :

If we finish in a Wild Card Spot, yet Make it in the 2nd Round, that means we actually OVERACHIEVED in the playoffs.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
With a healthy lineup we have this:
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Byron -Mitchell - Flynn

Looks like a pretty good lineup to me. Any line can score goals.

We also have good depth in case of injuries since DD, Ghetto, Hudon, Terry, and McCarron are all nhl ready.
Pretty sure Byron Is ahead of Lehkonen now.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So is Terry playing on the first line?

Byron - Galchenyuk - Terry
Ghetto -DD-Mitchell

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

This is the problem with exaggeration on the boards, people believe it.

Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher are much better players than Danault and Byron.

Danault and Byron have been playing well, patches has not, and Gallagher has been getting blended around the lineup.

In terms of who I want on my line though? Ill take a multi-season #1 LW and #1 RW in those two.

That was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but Paul Dipietro had a point : Danault and Byron are, at the moment, better than Shaw and Pacioretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad