GDT: Florida Panthers @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 1.20.14 | 7:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Florida isn't that terrible a team. Their Fenwick Close numbers are actually slightly above average. This isn't Buffalo we're talking here. They can possess the puck a little bit.

Accordingly, the Pens better bring a decent effort.

We have no pure scorers, the team is full of a bunch of helpers. One of our star prospects is slumping in Huby. Thomas keeps us in almost all of our games by standing on his head. He's out tonight. Winchester is back so we won't really miss Kopecky but we are still without Olsen. We have the worst PP I've ever seen. After 30 something times of looking at it fail Horachek is finally doing something about it. Flash is off the point but he is still out there. You will see how bad this guy is actually playing tonight yet somehow he is still getting run out there.

Should be a pretty handy one for you guys.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We have no pure scorers, the team is full of a bunch of helpers. One of our star prospects is slumping in Huby. Thomas keeps us in almost all of our games by standing on his head. We have the worst PP I've ever seen.

Well we should still win handily. Just saying you guys aren't complete pushovers.

Pens have a dreadful tendency to not show up against basement dwellers.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
We have no pure scorers, the team is full of a bunch of helpers. One of our star prospects is slumping in Huby. Thomas keeps us in almost all of our games by standing on his head. He's out tonight. Winchester is back so we won't really miss Kopecky but we are still without Olsen. We have the worst PP I've ever seen. After 30 something times of looking at it fail Horachek is finally doing something about it. Flash is off the point but he is still out there. You will see how bad this guy is actually playing tonight yet somehow he is still getting run out there.

Well we should still win handily. Just saying you guys aren't complete pushovers.

Both posts true on all counts.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Jokinen's been playing great on Malkin's line. Moving him to Sid's line would be dumb.

Agreed (mostly), but playing devil's advocate... with the solution to Sid's wing being "Wait for Beau" and there being no clear Plan C, wouldn't a game against a bottom of the conference team with a sizable lead in the division, be a good time to see what kind of chemistry Jucie-Sid-Koon have in the event that Beau doesn't come back or doesn't gel with that line or even gets injured again.

Megna has shown a decent fit for the 2nd line in some showings, along with some others (most recently Pyatt). So wouldn't getting some other players players a couple looks with some different lines be beneficial down the road?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

If you guys don't net at least three vs Clem I will be surprised.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Agreed (mostly), but playing devil's advocate... with the solution to Sid's wing being "Wait for Beau" and there being no clear Plan C, wouldn't a game against a bottom of the conference team with a sizable lead in the division, be a good time to see what kind of chemistry Jucie-Sid-Koon have in the event that Beau doesn't come back or doesn't gel with that line or even gets injured again.

Megna has shown a decent fit for the 2nd line in some showings, along with some others (most recently Pyatt). So wouldn't getting some other players players a couple looks with some different lines be beneficial down the road?

I'd definitely rather see Pyatt in the top six than Kobasew. And Pyatt did just play well with Malkin. But Jussi has been alright there of late too.

Perhaps try Pyatt with Sid? Conventional wisdom suggests Sid needs speed on his wings and Pyatt lacks that however Bill Guerin was one of the best linemates Sid has had. It's not a matter of speed so much as smarts and positioning. A slow winger could work on Sid's line if they positioned themselves well. From what I've seen of Pyatt he gets to the right areas more often than not.

Michael8771*

:pout:
I thought I made a decent argument otherwise.
Sid's game is largely predicated on speed, Jokinen, in addition to his chemistry on the second line, isn't the greatest skater, those are reasons enough for me to want him to stay on the second line (for the time being).

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Sid's game is largely predicated on speed, Jokinen, in addition to his chemistry on the second line, isn't the greastest skater, those are reasons enough for me to want him to stay on the second line (for the time being).

I would argue that Sid's game is mainly based on his vision and skill and speed is a secondary asset he has, but if that's what you think...

As stated by others Billy G was one of Sid's best linemates who wasn't fleet of foot. I wouldn't call Kunitz a burner.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Sid's game is largely predicated on speed, Jokinen, in addition to his chemistry on the second line, isn't the greatest skater, those are reasons enough for me to want him to stay on the second line (for the time being).

Sid's game has never been predicated on speed. His game is predicated on being the smartest player in the league and having a ******** of skill to go with it.

Michael8771*

I would argue that Sid's game is mainly based on his vision and skill and speed is a secondary asset he has, but if that's what you think...

As stated by others Billy G was one of Sid's best linemates who wasn't fleet of foot. I wouldn't call Kunitz a burner.
I would consider Kunitz and to a lesser extent BG better skaters than Jokinen. And even beyond that, the 2hd line has flourished, I see no reason to break that up.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Dave's question was directed at HF

Comment From RRP
I love Dan Bylsma and think he may be the greatest thing that's happened to the City of Pittsburgh. Do you think the way the team has performed this year has alleviated any concerns the organization and fans may have had about him after a few bad playoff defeats? Any chance of him getting a longer term extension after what seemed to be a lukewarm vote of confidence this past off-season? And any chance he may one day hold public office?

RRP get's a standing ovation for this question(s)

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
Comment From RRP
I love Dan Bylsma and think he may be the greatest thing that's happened to the City of Pittsburgh. Do you think the way the team has performed this year has alleviated any concerns the organization and fans may have had about him after a few bad playoff defeats? Any chance of him getting a longer term extension after what seemed to be a lukewarm vote of confidence this past off-season? And any chance he may one day hold public office?

Now... who did this?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I would consider Kunitz and to a lesser extent BG better skaters than Jokinen. And even beyond that, the 2hd line has flourished, I see no reason to break that up.

You think Billy Guerin is a better skater than Jokinen? We need a wall of shame for comments like these.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I can't believe she'd accept a question like that. Scratch that I know she'd accept a question like that.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

You really hold Jussi's skating in low regard. I would say that the 2nd line has flourished despite Jussi's play. I would bet that you could have slotted most anyone into that 3rd spot on the line with Neal and Malkin and gotten roughly the same production, if not more.

Michael8771*

Sid's game has never been predicated on speed. His game is predicated on being the smartest player in the league and having a ******** of skill to go with it.
I strongly disagree, Sid creates a lot in transition and a lot of that is due to having superior speed. He's smart, but he's also real fast, his speed is a huge asset. Not sure how you don't see that as an important element in his game.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I strongly disagree, Sid creates a lot in transition and a lot of that is due to having superior speed. He's smart, but he's also real fast, his speed is a huge asset. Not sure how you don't see that as an important element.

Crosby could never take a full stride and pick up two points a game. We saw him do that against Vancouver. It helps but his game has NEVER been predicated on speed and it's not essential at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad