Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Broadcast Information
TV: RDS, FS-F, ROOT
RADIO: 560 WQAM - Sports Radio (Florida), 105.9 - The X (Pittsburgh)

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
:pens
34-12-2 (1st Metro., 1st East)
Home: 20-3-0
Away: 14-9-2
Streak: Won 2
L10: 7-2-1​

Forwards
Chris Kunitz | Sidney Crosby | Chuck Kobasew
Jussi Jokinen | Evgeni Makin | James Neal
Tanner Glass | Brandon Sutter | Taylor Pyatt
Craig Adams | Zach Sill | Jayson Megna

Defensemen
Brooks Orpik | Paul Martin
Rob Scuderi | Kris Letang
Olli Maata | Matt Niskanen

FLORIDA PANTHERS
:panthers
18-23-7 (7th Atlantic, 15th East)
Home: 10-10-4
Away: 8-13-3
Streak: Lost 2
L10: 4-4-2

Forwards
Sean Bergenheim | Aleksander Barkov | Brad Boyes
Tomas Fleischmann | Nick Bjugstad | Scottie Upshall
Jonathan Huberdeau | Marcel Goc | Jesse Winchester
Shawn Matthias | Drew Shore | Jimmy Hayes

Defensemen
Brian Campbell | Tom Gilbert
Erik Gudbranson | Ed Jovanovski
Dmitry Kulikov | Mike Weaver

*****Starting Goalies*****
Marc-Andre Fleury (Pittsburgh)
Scott Clemmensen (Florida)​

Gameday Music

Last edited:

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Tweet I saw earlier said Megna might not be back today, so Engo on the 4th line?
Then Megna take his place on Sids wing later in the week?

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
What's with the 8pm start?

EDIT: All official sources have this as a 7pm start. Might want to correct your title.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Thomas is ill so Clemmensen will be in net for us and probably would have been anyways considering Timmy has started 9 straight and we have a game Tuesday against Buffalo, a much better chance to win.

Jesse Winchester is back. He's playing for Kopecky who is hurt and will be on our PK which has been good. Now it will be better.

Fleischmann will be off the point on the PP (thank god) so you will probably be seeing shots from Boyes from there (I hope I'm wrong and it's Gilbert but it will probably be Boyes).

All of that being said, good win. Me and every Panthers fan who has watched a game this year will be shocked if we win.

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
First game after a long layoff... game against the Panthers... getting a couple injured players back into the mix... following a feel good win against a rival... this has every making for a classic "WTF Game"

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
First game after a long layoff... game against the Panthers... getting a couple injured players back into the mix... following a feel good win against a rival... this has every making for a classic "WTF Game"

admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

Fire Shero*

Kobasew on the first line has to be an early April fools joke, right? Riiiight?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Thomas is ill so Clemmensen will be in net for us and probably would have been anyways considering he has started 9 straight and we have a game Tuesday against Buffalo, a much better chance to win. Jesse Winchester is back. He's playing for Kopecky who is hurt and will be on our PK which has been good. Now it will be better. Fleischmann will be off the point on the PP (thank god) so you will probably be seeing shots from Boyes from there (i hope I'm wrong and it's Gilbert but it will probably be Boyes).

All of that being said, good win. Me and every Panthers fan who has watched a game this year will be shocked if we win.

I dunno, our guys seem to spend a little too much time at the beach on Florida trips and it's obvious when they get to the ice.

Then again, the worst offender was always Staal and he's gone, so I guess we'll wait and see.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I'm excited for this game, mostly because I got a free 3-month Centre Ice preview after the cable company that has been ripping me off for cable/internet/mobile for the last 8 years decided to throw me a crumb. It only took 45 minutes and 3 customer service reps to confirm that the offer that they mailed directly to me actually existed.

No streaming for the rest of the season. :vhappy:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I dunno, our guys seem to spend a little too much time at the beach on Florida trips and it's obvious when they get to the ice.

Then again, the worst offender was always Staal and he's gone, so I guess we'll wait and see.

It was in the low 50s this week. High 40s at the beaches with wind chill. Doubt they were on the beach.

That's what happens as a Cats fan. Even the weather doesn't go in your favor. :laugh:

Even with Flash off the point, our PP is going to look worse than the Everblades' unit vs you guys. You would be doing the Panthers a great favor to stay out of the box all night. We have been 10x better shorthanded lately than we have been on the PP. It's that bad. Every time we get a call I and my fellow fans say "**** a PP." Every time a missed call happens we cheer. That's the reality of being a Panther fan right now.

Last edited:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
chemistry for our only line that Disco has written in stone.

I know that makes sense in Bylsma logic, I just can't stand his logic :laugh:

Is Jokinen familiar with playing RW?

He plays all three forward positions.

EDIT: I get not wanting to put Megna on the top line right away after coming back from an injury. But Kobasew is just coming back from one, too. And he's terrible.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Florida isn't that terrible a team. Their Fenwick Close numbers are actually slightly above average. This isn't Buffalo we're talking here. They can possess the puck a little bit.

Accordingly, the Pens better bring a decent effort.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
In an attempt to keep this GTD from being all about why Kobasew with Sid, it's pretty common knowledge that Sid likes speed and DB likes that from his line. Juice is slow as balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad