Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Florida get ready to have a bottom 5 power play
I'll say this.

McFarland was here last year and the PP was not that great.

This year it was amazing but I'll ask, was it McFarland or was it Hoffman?

Not taking anything away from the coach that handled the PP, but if you have Yandle Hoffman with Barkov Huby and Dadonov or possibly Panarin? I dont see how the PP doesnt stay good.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hold your horses. Nothing is set in stone with UFAs

It all does nothing to fix their defense. They can already score a lot. Pananrin is more of the same there. Bob sucks in the playoffs.

I don't think it makes too much of a difference honestly. They'll probably become a playoff team but will still not win anything IMO.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Devils fans talking about anything good? Bit funny. You don’t know anything about our prospects so please. We have an electric forward group. Our D sucks but who cares.
Your forwards in the NHL? Great. Prospects? Yeah no lol, Florida has two good prospects and the rest are middling just like any other pool has. Borg and Hiepo and thats it

Dont flatter yourself

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
If this is true, than it is huge for the Panthers. This mean they are committing a lot of money to the team. Coach Q at $6 million plus potential Panarin and Bobrovsky, it is massive money invested. It will make them a top team in the division.

Reactions: Vilam

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Your forwards in the NHL? Great. Prospects? Yeah no lol, Florida has two good prospects and the rest are middling just like any other pool has. Borg and Hiepo and thats it

Dont flatter yourself
You’re clueless so it’s not really worth it. Denisenko and Tippett have 1st line potential so go cry in a corner.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
It all does nothing to fix their defense. They can already score a lot. Pananrin is more of the same there. Bob sucks in the playoffs.

I don't think it makes too much of a difference honestly. They'll probably become a playoff team but will still not win anything IMO.
*If* they do sign Panarin and Bobrovsky, they're obviously a stronger team. It also opens up the door for them to trade someone like Mike Hoffman for defensive help if they so choose to, but I think with their coaching upgrade, they wouldn't necessarily need to. Coaching improvements tend to have positive effects on the defensive end of things.

But that wasn't the point of my post. People ITT are acting like Panarin is practically a Panther right now, but that's so far from the case that it's strange how that's a conventional take now.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Borgstrom, Tippett, Heponiemi, Denisenko, Montembeault isn’t good? I’m not even a big fan of Tippett or Denisenko too. Their defense sucks though

Borgstrom isn't a prospect anymore. Montembeault looks bad. The other 3 you named look pretty promising but it takes more than that to call it a good prospect pool.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Same guy tallon hired back when he was the hawks gm. Jealous actually.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They're not starting from scratch, but it's a group that hasn't shown it's remotely close to cup contention. And, if Joel goes there under the assumption that the CBJ players are on their way, that's a serious breach on the part of the Panthers.

Q's assumption isn't any kind of a breach, serious or otherwise. It is just an assumption on his part. Even if it turns out to be correct it doesn't prove tampering. It just shows that an intention was carried out successfully.

Reactions: Geoist

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Q's assumption isn't any kind of a breach, serious or otherwise. It is just an assumption on his part. Even if it turns out to be correct it doesn't prove tampering. It just shows that an intention was carried out successfully.

Assumption may have been the wrong word. If the Panthers have told him they're coming would have been better.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
One would think Quenneville would have a number of options to choose from. But if Florida is the pick OK. I really think he could be a Flyers type coach to elevate the team. Or the Sabres that have some great parts to build on.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I expected Q to go to the Flyers. But I can see the appeal of Florida. I really can. It's a beautiful place to live, and the team has a lot of potential. They have explosive offensive talent, and will have solid goaltending with the addition of Bobrovkiy. I wouldn't even go for Panarin to be honest. I mean, he'd be amazing but they already have a fantastic offensive group. I would throw the money at Stralman, Girardi and Karlsson. Trade for Ghost. This could be a dangerous team next year.

Montana41

Dec 29, 2013
Wise words from Jeff Marek- “Show me a good goalie and I’ll show you a good coach.” Watch Coach Q come in along with Bobs and this team, without any additional help, if a playoff-caliber team.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
One would think Quenneville would have a number of options to choose from. But if Florida is the pick OK. I really think he could be a Flyers type coach to elevate the team. Or the Sabres that have some great parts to build on.
Florida is jsut as good as both of those teams. We have high end talent on forward.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad