Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Nice little retirement gig for Q. Don’t know why Florida wasn’t thrown around for possible destinations. Him and Talon are close.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Good choice for Quenneville.. a solid young core that’s on an upward trajectory, a good prospect pool and lots of cap space.
Their prospect pool isnt good, who gave you that idea?

Granted their roster is plenty young so it isnt too detrimental

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
They've gone through coaches like underwear for the past 20 years, so hopefully they finally get some stability with this.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Diehard panther fan here. Good things don’t happen to us so I’ll believe it when I see it
What happened to your guys management? I remember before it was looking really solid, a bunch of weird moves were made management wise, and now it's back to meh?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
But Quennville was on record apparently saying that he was looking for a team with a clear path to cup contention. They don't have Panarin or Bobrovsky yet. If he signs there under the assumption those two players are joining the club wouldn't that fall under some sort of collusion? It would mean the two players have reached some agreement with the club (negotiated) before their current contracts expired. That would raise some serious questions.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
What happened to your guys management? I remember before it was looking really solid, a bunch of weird moves were made management wise, and now it's back to meh?

Ownership decided to take an odd approach thinking the knew how to operate a team than they actually did. After they realized they messed up, they put tallon back in charge. Hopefully if we land Q and some more pieces this summer we can go back to a playoff contender

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
If the Panthers can sign Quenneville, Panarin and Bobrovsky, they are going (for real, for real this time) to be a real threat.

That Atlantic division is not getting any weaker anytime soon.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Panthers are going to be sick next year if they also get Panarin and Bobrovsky. There are still questions in my eyes about their depth (good top-3 D and top-6 forwards, but lacking beyond it), but having Barkov, Trocheck, Panarin, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Hoffman (if they don't trade him) in your top-6 is absurd.

Reactions: perseus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad