Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Can they land Bob, Bread AND Stralman? People underestimate the beauty of Florida living. Sunshine, great weather, beautiful nature, always green and lush, water, boating, fishing, etc. And the view of certain places if very antiquated. I've been working in South Tampa, and the area is gorgeous. Great restaurants, very young and lively, everyone walking around smiling. Got to be one of the best places to live and raise a family. Not at all what I expected with my NYC superiority complex.

Why Stralman? he is weak in his own zone. ... Campbell was the only Hawk D-man who was weak defensively and got any playing time under Q and he got very little in the 3rd period. Leddy's ass wore a grove in the bench.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Man, the winters there must suck. Not taking a shot at Edmonton by any means.
It's not as bad as you might think.

I've lived in Calgary and Saudi Arabia. If you're cold, you can always put on another layer of clothing. If you're hot and already in minimal attire, you better find a space with an A/C or be willing to suffer through it.

I have fond memories of a fresh layer of snow, dry as flour, the intrusive sounds of the city muffled under a white blanket. I miss winter weather like that. You can't get that in FLA.

I love Florida, btw. Vive la difference!

Reactions: Vilam

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
There's nothing else to do in Edmonton than go to games?
Lots of things to do if you are social lol.

You can go to the mountain in a couple of hours. Lots of nice restaurants in the city with a good atmosphere.

Winter there's a bit less but summer is great

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
It's not as bad as you might think.

I've lived in Calgary and Saudi Arabia. If you're cold, you can always put on another layer of clothing. If you're hot and already in minimal attire, you better find a space with an A/C or be willing to suffer through it.

I have fond memories of a fresh layer of snow, dry as flour, the intrusive sounds of the city muffled under a white blanket. I miss winter weather like that. You can't get that in FLA.

I love Florida, btw. Vive la difference!

I live in Greece ATM, Florida for 22 years prior to that. I need the heat and ocean more than I need the winters. It does get cold here in Greece l, but nothing like Edmonton. I just don’t know what I would do there in the winter there.

Reactions: Devonator

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I live in Greece ATM, Florida for 22 years prior to that. I need the heat and ocean more than I need the winters. It does get cold here in Greece l, but nothing like Edmonton. I just don’t know what I would do there in the winter there.

I split time between Edmonton and Kuala Lumpur. Going from Edmonton winter to 35+ with 100% humidity is an experience.

I don’t mind the winters tho. Just stay inside lol.

Reactions: Devonator

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I split time between Edmonton and Kuala Lumpur. Going from Edmonton winter to 35+ with 100% humidity is an experience.

I don’t mind the winters tho. Just stay inside lol.

35+ with 100% humidity huh, reminds me of South Florida. Greece gets that hot, but nowhere near that humidity. It gets around the mid to high 60s, and people here complain. They have NO IDEA!

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Why Stralman? he is weak in his own zone. ... Campbell was the only Hawk D-man who was weak defensively and got any playing time under Q and he got very little in the 3rd period. Leddy's ass wore a grove in the bench.

Oh boy, Q is gonna love Mike Matheson

Reactions: Mase

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Happy for Florida fans. Heck of a hire.

that introductory press conference got me excited and I’m not even a Florida fan.

However, I do think this offseason might start the clock in Florida.

I think Vinnie Viola is finally willing to open up the check book to try and put a winner on the ice in part to see if southern Florida is truly a viable hockey market or not.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Awesome hire for the Panthers. For Q this should be a great job, there will be expectations sure but the pressure won't be as high as it would have been elsewhere. If he can get them to be a playoff team year in and year out, and maybe even win a round or two in that time it will be a success.

We'll see what happens, I'm rooting for them (Not at the expense of my own team though). Good luck Cats!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
To almost the supportive posters, a huge toast to you. Even the ones in Edmonton where they hate us for some reason

AcidicHopefulBushsqueaker-size_restricted.gif

For the rest of you that go back to filling the arena, this was step one to do that.

Oh and..this is for you

giphy.gif

Cool off bud lol

aviators99

Apr 8, 2012
Weston, Florida, USA
Miami Beach is Beautiful. I go there often.

Miami is not. It's pretty gross there.
Sunrise isn't a great place.

Completely different places. Celebs don't live in Miami, or Sunrise. They live in Miami Beach.

Sunrise is where the arena is. Celebs don't live where the arena is in any city. Celebs do live in Broward County, within 15-20 minutes of the arena. Weston (Marino, Manny Ramirez, Canseco, and about 30 other professional sports players), Southwest Ranches (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), and most of the Panthers live in Ft. Lauderdale.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Happy for the Panthers.. and my Sabres. Q's a great coach, but some hawks fans were saying he's a bit old-school and hasn't adjusted to the modern game. Obviously I'm going off of hearsay, but if their takes are accurate..

Oh come on. Are you really telling yourself that you’re happy because your team won’t be getting Quenneville?

“The modern game” was still being played in 2015 and 2017, and Quenneville won a Stanley Cup and RS Conference Championship, respectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad