Florida Panthers Officially Name Joel Quenneville Their Next Head Coach

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Ability to live in Florida in best part of the weather, and not have to be there in summer when it turns to swampass central.

I lived in a Florida off and on throughout my life. Ft Lauderdale and Orlando areas.
Being able to afford where you want, nothing could be further from the truth when saying it’s ugly.
I love mountains, but sandy beaches, lakes and great weather can be pretty compelling g too

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Friggin amazing hire, can’t believe this actually happened, our nice things don’t usually get nicer, lol. Hopefully the summer will get better and the team will turn into a perennial contender.

Fans will come back, maybe not right away, but once they see the wins piling up, realize how amazing Barkov is, and how fun the core is to watch, they’ll return.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Miami Beach is Beautiful. I go there often.

Miami is not. It's pretty gross there.
Sunrise isn't a great place.

Completely different places. Celebs don't live in Miami, or Sunrise. They live in Miami Beach.
Miami is nuts, and frankly dirty & culture free (IMHO). But South Beach, especially the South Pointe area, is beautiful. Russians live in Sunny Isles. Gorgeous area on the beach, and a slice of home for them. I personally much prefer Tampa to Miami, but if you have a lot of $$$, Miami could be very, very nice.

Reactions: J T Money

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Miami is nuts, and frankly dirty & culture free (IMHO). But South Beach, especially the South Pointe area, is beautiful. Russians live in Sunny Isles. Gorgeous area on the beach, and a slice of home for them. I personally much prefer Tampa to Miami, but if you have a lot of $$$, Miami could be very, very nice.

I live in Miami and it's a shithole. The farther north you go, the nicer it gets.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Oilers have sucked for the last 15 years. They have been able to fill their seats.

However, this year, the expectation is that 20% of STH will not renew

There's nothing else to do in Edmonton than go to games?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Amazing signing for the Panthers. I would love to see this franchise succeed, if they can sign Panarin, Bobrovsky, and trade for a Dman then they're in for a strong season next year. It's a little disheartening going to games and watching guys like Huberdeau and Barkov play in front of an empty stadium night after night but winning will put fans back in the seats.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sure but paying coach more then most of their players? I dunno

5.25 plus Playoff Bonuses right? So let's ignore that part for now.

Ekblad
Yandle
Barkov
Huberdeau
Quenneville
Matheson
Trocheck

Yeah...that isn't all that bad at all. And if he gets the full amoount to 7 million then that means the team had a hell of a playoff run and not a singular player, coach, trainer, fan or ghost will complain about it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Aren't the Panthers losing money ? How can they afford him ?

Their primary source of income is Virtu Financial.

In all honesty, the Panthers probably help them in paying a lesser amount of income taxes as they can claim operating losses on it. Plus all the charities they do in the name of the Franchise....it honestly helps them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->