Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
keep in mind the shield thing is because they wanted something similar to 101st airborne logo. both viola and cifu are from west point academy, theyre very big with the military. all their front office hires are also from there. so the decision to go with the shield was military inspired, and why they have the text above the logo as well.
some people are saying it should show teeth, which i don't think would be bad, but i think its fine like this too. its regal, serious, proud, simple, determined, i think its a good look. and i love the design of the panther overall. love the logo as a whole but i would prefer no text, either just the panther, or just the panthers with the blue background (which would still be a shield design but very close to an upside triangle).

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I think this looks sharp. I really like the panther but hate the crest. Hopefully they make the right decision here.

Agreed. Make the logo large, and scrap the crest.

Either way, based on the color schemes and fonts being thrown around, this should be a nice uniform, although, I don't think they needed much of makeover in the first place.

I actually think the panthers had one of the best uniforms amongst the 90s expansion teams.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It's basically the same as the new Jaguars NFL logo. It's terrible, MLS quality.

The old logo was better, may not have been great, but iconic to the franchise. This just doesn't look like an NHL logo to me.
That's exactly why they're changing it.

It's basically the same other than the fact they look nothing alike. :biglaugh:

In what way does this

Look in any way like this

The posts on here sometimes. :biglaugh:
He's referring to their secondary logo

Jaguars_secondary_new_logo.png

ZDatsZuke

This year, maybe
Mar 23, 2010
The old one is so much better, this will be the mighty ducks all over again... boring.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The old one is so much better, this will be the mighty ducks all over again... boring.

Nah. You can argue whether it's a an upgrade or a downgrade in florida's case, but I think most people will agree that the ducks logo change resulted in them having one of the worst in the league.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
National anthem for a jersey reveal? Mmmkay...

:laugh:

I didn't realize this was a sporting event.

I wonder if they'll do something ridiculous to unveil the jersey. Maybe have an actual panther on stage?

Now we have the Panthers owner leading a forced "Go Cats" chant and having the fans imagine that this is a Stanley Cup Final. This is quite the event.

Do Panthers fans even chant "Go Cats"?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
:laugh:

I didn't realize this was a sporting event.

I wonder if they'll do something ridiculous to unveil the jersey. Maybe have an actual panther on stage?

Now we have the Panthers owner leading a forced "Go Cats" chant and having the fans imagine that this is a Stanley Cup Final. This is quite the event.

Do Panthers fans even chant "Go Cats"?

No lol.

we do lets go pan-thers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad