GDT: Florida Panthers @ Colorado Avalanche - 10/21/14 - 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I will be furious if Pirri doesn't play in Arizona. The kid was in the play nonstop during the game and got a nice goal out of it. I understand not sitting Bolland either, but maybe move Pirri to wing and sit Kopecky? Gallant's going to have his hands full with that decision all season unless someone gets traded.

As someone who is always ready to bash Kopecky, there's no denying he's been good this year.

but neither does pirri

There are more options than just scratching Bolland or Pirri

Nah, Kopecky has been a positive this year.

IMO Thornton should sit next game if Bolland comes back.

Don't think Coyotes have any heavyweights.

Neither did the Avs.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I'd be very shocked to see Pirri out of the lineup going into the next game. If Bolland is ready, I say he should play. He's been fine. I think the two candidates to sit out are Upshall and Flash. If I had to pick, it would have to be Upshall. The only reason is the penalties. Flash is on my bad side as he's not been producing offensively, but at least he keeps the penalties to a minimum. If Upshall can just work on his discipline a little bit more, it would be an easy decision to sit Flash in favor of Pirri.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
if Bolland is back then Thornton should sit. Upshall should go to the 4th, Pirri on the wing. The looming reality is someone will need to be moved for a pick or take on a "benchable" guy back.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Him or Flash IMO. Upshall brings energy but keeps taking dumb penalties which is inexcusable. Flash just can't score. I don't see Bolland being on the bench and he's been ok anyway.

He did not score...BUT Flash had a good game aside from the scoring. He was the one who created the turnover that resulted in the Pirri goal!!

He deserves credit for it even if he doesnt score.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
if Bolland is back then Thornton should sit. Upshall should go to the 4th, Pirri on the wing. The looming reality is someone will need to be moved for a pick or take on a "benchable" guy back.

this.
bergy - barkov - boyes
huberdeau - bjugstad - pirri
flash - bolland - jokinen
kopecky - mackenzie - upshall

edit/add: would you do 2nd/3rd + petrovic + roster forward for andrew macdonald? (sry, can't find the fantasy offer thread :()

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

macdonald + guddy would be sweet. was talking with someone on the trade rumor thingy and we said 2nd + petrovic for him is pretty close in value. i just added that roster player now cuz, well, anyone we wanna give away don't have any value whatsoever..

edit: sry, i'm not gonna derail this anymore. so.. GREAT GAME LAST NIGHT, HUH GUYS?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
this.
bergy - barkov - boyes
huberdeau - bjugstad - pirri
flash - bolland - jokinen
kopecky - mackenzie - upshall

edit/add: would you do 2nd/3rd + petrovic + roster forward for andrew macdonald? (sry, can't find the fantasy offer thread :()

These better be the top two lines. Kopecky has also played pretty well thus far, especially in this game. He deserves to play. Despite the Coyotes not being a "heaveyweight", Thornton should play over Flash. All Flash has done is be his 2013 self. AKA not good. I'd rather have the muscle and energy out there.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
These better be the top two lines. Kopecky has also played pretty well thus far, especially in this game. He deserves to play. Despite the Coyotes not being a "heaveyweight", Thornton should play over Flash. All Flash has done is be his 2013 self. AKA not good. I'd rather have the muscle and energy out there.

YES. upshall can play lw tho so i would perhaps rather have hayes on rw.
upshall - mackenzie - hayes

maaan, i thought flash was gonna show up this year, bangin in point after point, playing for a new contract and what not. wasn't that what everyone was telling me before this season? :naughty:

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
We have a log-jam at foward right now, but I wouldn't be so quick to start dealing our depth away. It's a long season and injuries are inevitable. Having good depth like this is a good problem to have.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Can't believe that gall of the Avs fans saying that Barkov took a dive in the OT. Knowing what kind of person Barkov is and his game I'm sitting here like how the **** can you come to that conclusion after a game like that?! Secondly, it was a blatant trip by Stuart. Barkov retreived the puck and got on the outside of Stuart. Once Barkov was a stride ahead of Stuart he put his stick in Barky's legs, then boom. The refs let the trip on Bjugstad go, but then Stuart did the same exact thing to Barky. The Avs gave the ref no choice but to call it. Such ignorance over on that board it's insane.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Can't believe that gall of the Avs fans saying that Barkov took a dive in the OT. Knowing what kind of person Barkov is and his game I'm sitting here like how the **** can you come to that conclusion after a game like that?! Secondly, it was a blatant trip by Stuart. Barkov retreived the puck and got on the outside of Stuart. Once Barkov was a stride ahead of Stuart he put his stick in Barky's legs, then boom. The refs let the trip on Bjugstad go, but then Stuart did the same exact thing to Barky. The Avs gave the ref no choice but to call it. Such ignorance over on that board it's insane.
There's an easy way to avoid it, don't go there. It's their board, what exactly do you expect to find there?

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

It's no different than us blaming the ref for every stupid penalty we take or every call the ref misses.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I haven't been that happy to get a win in a damn long time. If we would have lost, I think half of our fanbase might have wanted to fly to Denver and strangle Ian Walsh. This had to be one of the worst called games I've ever seen and rivals the Buffalo game from last season. I didn't understand how Patrick Roy got a job being a referee along with being the Avs Head Coach and that call on Bjugstad was absolutely bogus. It was indeed nice to see a coach that got absolutely angry at the officials instead of shrugging it off.

The team themselves completely carried the play until they went into penalty hell, which changed momentum. There were a few good rushes for the Avs 5 on 5, but overall the Panthers definitely deserved to get that victory in regulation. I loved the pass from Ekblad to Barkov to get him on the scoresheet for the first time this season. I can see why Jackets fans told us we'd love MacKenzie has he had a fight and tried his best to get into the mix the best he could as well. Just a great overall game from everyone and I wouldn't change anything going into next game.

I will be furious if Pirri doesn't play in Arizona. The kid was in the play nonstop during the game and got a nice goal out of it. I understand not sitting Bolland either, but maybe move Pirri to wing and sit Kopecky? Gallant's going to have his hands full with that decision all season unless someone gets traded.

The funny thing about the game was that the first period was fantastic. No penalties in either direction makes for great hockey (A little bias b/c Panthers are way better 5 on 5 than Special Teams) but no calls made the flow of the game much better.

The refs mustve got together in lockeroom first int and decided they needed to change the course of the game.

The sport is so much better when few calls are made and they let the guys skate.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
You forgot no delay of game when Johnson knocked the net off as the Panthers were trying to score their third goal. Duchane late hit on Bjugstad (which is probably why Guds finished his check on him later) and Duchane shooting the puck at Guds . The shot wasn't much but I've seen unsportsmanlike called for less. Man those refs were awful. And you didn't even list the calls they missed the other way.

It was likely glossed over on Colorado broadcast. The Colorado broadcasters thought Berra was called on the trip to Bjugstad for good 20-30 seconds then they switched their tunes like homer broadcasters do:shakehead my biggest pet peeve. When I broadcast games as colour guy I call it down the middle.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
When I saw the refs hand go up I thought for sure it was going to be tripping on a Colorado player.

Me and my GF were cussing at the refs till Boyes scored the OT winner.

Such incompetence by the refs we've had so far this year.

Bjugstad looked like the dominate Bjugs we had last year. Created some great scoring chances for himself.

Ha no doubt. If someone was filming me during that Bjugs penalty my face was twitching so much with all that puck possession and no doubt game winning goal getting scored on us being the Panthers of course. I'm still pissed today. Weird weird game.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Just looking at stats...6 Panthers have no points this season...5 of them are "veterans", and 3 of those are the "veterans" signed by Tallon this offseason.

*sigh* but at least the kids are doing something. This team doesn't need more veteran leadership - it needs proven scoring ability.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Just looking at stats...6 Panthers have no points this season...5 of them are "veterans", and 3 of those are the "veterans" signed by Tallon this offseason.

*sigh* but at least the kids are doing something. This team doesn't need more veteran leadership - it needs proven scoring ability.

Lets wait until we average more than 1 goal per game. More games like last night will pad the stats nicely.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Willie isn't a scorer, he gets 10 - 20 on contending teams. Bolland has (IMO) been playing well and not being used much in an offensive-minded role. Thornton is 37 and a bruiser who can also play a little hockey and is great with the kids.

Not defending or saying I agree with all the signings but no points in 4 games from those 3 doesn't shock me.

Montoya, admittedly, is slumping - but I expect he'll bust out soon and be scoring like Jagr :sarcasm:

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I re-watched the OT goal. Man Huby looked so happy. It's great that he was the one to set up that OT goal, it has to be a huge confidence booster for him. I can already tell he's going to have a much better season than last year.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't be against trading our 1st this year for a real 1st line winger. Especially since I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a real shot at McDavid/Eichel.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't be against trading our 1st this year for a real 1st line winger. Especially since I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a real shot at McDavid/Eichel.

to be honest, you don't host the draft without a first, and we won't get a "real 1st line winger" unless it's a top 2-3 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad