Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kunitz-Sid-Neal
Dupuis-Sutter-Bennett
Cooke-DJ-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

What I'd do. Dunno how Dan will do it, but that makes the most sense to me.

Kunitz-Sid-Neal
Dupuis-Sutter-Bennett
Cooke-DJ-Boychuk
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Kennedy can go suck eggs somewhere out in Moon Township.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He might or he might not. We don't know and thats why its pointless to speculate on the extent of the injury.

Based on what I saw, the quote from Yohe (or whoever it was) saying he was woozy walking back to the locker room, and the Penguins recent experience with concussions, I'm going to just assume he's gone for a bit until proven otherwise.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Save for Malkin's injury, how would you think that?
We hadn't dominated a game this much before this season. It was a good, solid win despite the opposing goalie starting out extremely well.

Not that I don't have some reservations of the usual kind, but tonight Bylsma hockey won.

I hope that it would against half an AHL team that shot its load the night before against Philly.

EDIT: And good morning, TR, officially confirmed that I'll be watching games next season in your time zone :)

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Untill we know the OFFICIAL word on Geno, i will not be worried about it. Maybe his head snapped into the boards, maybe it didn't.

it doesn't matter, the whiplash effect would've still made his brain hit the back of his skull due to it wanting to stay stationary, but as the head comes back forward the back of the skull will make contact...so a concussion is definitely possible.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Untill we know the OFFICIAL word on Geno, i will not be worried about it. Maybe his head snapped into the boards, maybe it didn't.

Looked like back to me. Which is still serious.. but it didn't look like a concussion.

And I'm not listening to Dr. Errey and Nurse Steigy.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Great thing is malkin's head did not hit. If it did...at that speed? See ya later. Big time whiplash, plenty of experience with that as I'm sure others have as well. You feel like **** for a bit, but no serious injury. I've never once felt any concussion type symptoms from having whiplash numerous times.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Looked like back to me. Which is still serious.. but it didn't look like a concussion.

And I'm not listening to Dr. Errey and Nurse Steigy.

Did you see his head snap back and forward? I can't really even tell if it hit the boards, but it most certainly did look like a possible concussion.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
it doesn't matter, the whiplash effect would've still made his brain hit the back of his skull due to it wanting to stay stationary, but as the head comes back forward the back of the skull will make contact...so a concussion is definitely possible.

Plus, when you have a neck injury you always treat it as if there is a corresponding head injury until it is ruled out, and vice versa. I'm just nervous given the Pen's history with concussions.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Agree with you on that. But if his head hit, he's done. Very very mild concussion can be a result of whiplash, nothing serious...by any means.

Everything concussion related is being so blown out of proportion these days. And I get it, sports want to stop former atheletes from having damage to the brain, etc. but how many of us , who don't even play close to this type of level and have experienced this type of stuff multiples times?

Im basing my opinion on his head not hitting, We will see what the report is. I understand people r worried , considering

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Great thing is malkin's head did not hit. If it did...at that speed? See ya later. Big time whiplash, plenty of experience with that as I'm sure others have as well. You feel like **** for a bit, but no serious injury. I've never once felt any concussion type symptoms from having whiplash numerous times.

that's the problem, you don't always know you have a concussion though...after the whiplash, you'll feel woozy, get a headache, maybe see stars and have a difficult time walking...all signs of a concussion, albeit a mild one, but still...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

No, but that was a pretty nasty whiplash effect from how hard his back hit.

BTW, sorry, but I've got to say it: The reaction from the Pens to that was pretty pathetic. Even if you don't go after the guy, tag someone atleast. Make no mistake: Yet again, this soft team has sent a message that any of its stars may be tagged without consequence.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I dunno man... It looked really bad. Plus all of the drama with Crosby we just went through...

He's at least going to be gone for a few weeks I think, just as a precaution. Can't afford for him to be out for the playoffs.

It didn't look especially bad to me. His head went back. It happens.

People are just constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop with our history. Let's wait and see.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The hope is that the team was just being extra extra careful knowing our history with concussions.

I honestly wouldn't even mind Geno sitting out a week even if he feels fine tomorrow. I don't want to go through this again. Be as careful as you need to be, we aren't desperate for wins or points, don't rush him back into the lineup.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Not real good. You never know, but he left under his own power and yes he looked shook up. I expect him to be out next game as a precaution in any event.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It didn't look especially bad to me. His head went back. It happens.

People are just constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop with our history. Let's wait and see.

I think his head snapped back almost as violently as I've ever seen a head snap back.

I'm really hoping you're right on this and I'm wrong though.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Did you see his head snap back and forward? I can't really even tell if it hit the boards, but it most certainly did look like a possible concussion.

it snapped back and forward

Plus, when you have a neck injury you always treat it as if there is a corresponding head injury until it is ruled out, and vice versa. I'm just nervous given the Pen's history with concussions.

just like Crosby, hopefully they don't miss a ****ing broken bone this time

Agree with you on that. But if his head hit, he's done. Very very mild concussion can be a result of whiplash, nothing serious...by any means.

if he comes back too soon and its only minor, it can keep building, best to keep him out for a couple weeks as a precaution

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Not real good. You never know, but he left under his own power and yes he looked shook up. I expect him to be out next game as a precaution in any event.

I'd just sit him for a week regardless of whether he's really hurt or not, just as a precaution. It won't kill the team.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I hope that it would against half an AHL team that shot its load the night before against Philly.

Just the same - we give ourselves trouble against teams on their second legs often enough to not complain when we do what we should :).

EDIT: And good morning, TR, officially confirmed that I'll be watching games next season in your time zone :)

Congrats!.... but perhaps unfortunately for you, REALLY far away from home for you doesn't equal Shanghai time-zone. You'll be three hours ahead.... which in my case would kill NHL watching on week days due to work commitments having to kick in some time :(.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
it snapped back and forward

just like Crosby, hopefully they don't miss a ****ing broken bone this time

if he comes back too soon and its only minor, it can keep building, best to keep him out for a couple weeks as a precaution

I agree with that last part as well. I never stayed out, and luckily never had anything worse happen. But this is the nhl...and after what happened to Sid, I most definitely want to see Malkin sit for two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad