Florida Panthers 25th Anniversary Logo

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
I once read something about flags: A good flag should be easily reproducible by memory by a kid. Same for a good logo...and I don't think this fits that. Compare to the Bruins 90th anniversary logo...yes, it's a bit bland, but it gets the point across quickly.
I think in heraldics it's that an emblem should be replicable based on a written description.

None if it with this hot mess. Just a crock of shit aggrandizing the trivial.

Having said that, it looks alright. I just don't like the implied significance of trivial elements.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The explanations have the distinct whiff of a presentation delivered off the cuff when you didn't prepare for it the night before.

Reactions: greasysnapper

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Meh, it's fine. People who see it will know what it's for and that's the point. If you're expecting anything sensationally good from the Panthers...well, where have you been for the past 25 years?

Reactions: PanthersPens62

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
When I first read that infographic, I thought it was brilliant satire of how design companies are with trying to make every little thing some subtle symbolic nod to something else so they can look like geniuses.

Then the more I read, I realized they were being serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: greasysnapper

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Hate them? No no. My favorite. Their never-ending ineptitude frustrates me. Can I voice my opinion? Yup. Do I care if you approve? Nope.

You voice your opinion all the time, which is fine since this is a message board. But someone claiming to be a fan of the franchise and does nothing but shit on the franchise is not a fan. I get that you are not happy in the way things are going and have gone for the Panthers, but you don't EVER see any good. That is a hater. Hell, even Pittsburgh fans will recognize that Ovie is a great player (two fan bases that hate each other but still respecting the other teams talent or talented players) but you have no love for anything Florida.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
You voice your opinion all the time, which is fine since this is a message board. But someone claiming to be a fan of the franchise and does nothing but **** on the franchise is not a fan. I get that you are not happy in the way things are going and have gone for the Panthers, but you don't EVER see any good. That is a hater. Hell, even Pittsburgh fans will recognize that Ovie is a great player (two fan bases that hate each other but still respecting the other teams talent or talented players) but you have no love for anything Florida.

Just ignore him. No point paying him any mind.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Are you sure? How can anyone be sure that this is the circle from the 2009-2012 season logo? We need to dig deeper. This is the greatest conspiracy theory of our generation and you're telling me to relax bud?!

cut.jpg

MH5DLYX.jpg

ejsvf6ira3ggsff4mjrxh4ree.png

Not sure if we need to call Jesse Ventura. They seem to be there.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
You voice your opinion all the time, which is fine since this is a message board. But someone claiming to be a fan of the franchise and does nothing but **** on the franchise is not a fan. I get that you are not happy in the way things are going and have gone for the Panthers, but you don't EVER see any good. That is a hater. Hell, even Pittsburgh fans will recognize that Ovie is a great player (two fan bases that hate each other but still respecting the other teams talent or talented players) but you have no love for anything Florida.

Look up my posts through this past regular season. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad