Florida Panthers 25th Anniversary Logo

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
“The words Florida Panthers Hockey Club” meaning we play the sport of hockey in the state of Florida. Glad they put some words to that symbolism, I’m not sure most of us could have understood the meaning there.

The logo is fine, bland whatever who cares. But some of the mumbo jumbo designers and marketing people put on material is absolutely worthy of mocking. “This logo means 50 different things make sure everybody knows how meaningful it is!!!!! The red stands for the blood of our ice warriors spilled in honor each night! The yellow is for the sands of South Beach, whose territory we defend with integrity! It’s round like the sun because Florida don’t you get it?!!?!” Meanwhile you know some intern who thinks he’s a photoshop whizz put that together over lunch by mashing up a bunch of already designed elements.

:laugh:

ratmanfu

Jun 23, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
"The numbers 2 & 5 represent numbers that have been used throughout a quarter century of Panthers hockey, in jerseys, statistics, calendar dates, and a multitude of other things, as well as represent the quarter century existence of the team, which is profound and super cool."

"The silver represents the skate blade, which is necessary to skate on the ice, without which there would be no ice hockey. Rather, it would be floor hockey, or possibly inline hockey if the skate boot would be outfitted with a wheel chassis."

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
At first I thought it was whatever.

Then I realized that this patch will probably replace the current shoulder patches they have on their jerseys, and that pisses me off. I love the full body panther profile on the shoulders. **** this noise.

florida_panthers_uniform_detail.jpg
How do you know the Panthers won't keep that patch and put the 25th anniversary patch on the part of the jersey where you would see teams put the Stanley Cup Final patch?

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
They should somehow get a little rat in there, even subliminally somehow, to commemorate their run to the Cup final.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
It kinda feels like they put more effort into explaining the design than they did into actually coming up with the design.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Everything this franchise does is embarrassing. No one gives a single **** about this logo. Just revert to anonymity and pray for the same thing every year: a wild card spot en route to an opening round sweep.

If you Hate this franchise some much, then why are you always talking about it? Anyway, I think the logo looks a little boring. I was hoping that they could of used the Panther with the broken hockey stick (original logo) in their somewhere.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
If you Hate this franchise some much, then why are you always talking about it? Anyway, I think the logo looks a little boring. I was hoping that they could of used the Panther with the broken hockey stick (original logo) in their somewhere.

Hate them? No no. My favorite. Their never-ending ineptitude frustrates me. Can I voice my opinion? Yup. Do I care if you approve? Nope.

Reactions: Still Mighty

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
:laugh: That explanation is pretty funny.
Three different ways to say they made it look similar to their old logo. 'The words "Florida Panthers" remind people we're from Florida.'
It's an okay design but there's no need to overexplain it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Boring logo for a boring franchise.

Bring back the classic panther logo or GTFO.
My Metal compadre, this team-for better or worse, usually the latter, is anything but boring. I guess ya gotta be here.

However, I am never silent over the fact that yesterday was soon enough to return to our original perfect logos and stuff, so your second sentence could've done a hell of a lot better without the first LOL

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Are you sure? How can anyone be sure that this is the circle from the 2009-2012 season logo? We need to dig deeper. This is the greatest conspiracy theory of our generation and you're telling me to relax bud?!

cut.jpg

MH5DLYX.jpg

“The words Florida Panthers Hockey Club” meaning we play the sport of hockey in the state of Florida. Glad they put some words to that symbolism, I’m not sure most of us could have understood the meaning there.

The logo is fine, bland whatever who cares. But some of the mumbo jumbo designers and marketing people put on material is absolutely worthy of mocking. “This logo means 50 different things make sure everybody knows how meaningful it is!!!!! The red stands for the blood of our ice warriors spilled in honor each night! The yellow is for the sands of South Beach, whose territory we defend with integrity! It’s round like the sun because Florida don’t you get it?!!?!” Meanwhile you know some intern who thinks he’s a photoshop whizz put that together over lunch by mashing up a bunch of already designed elements.

:laugh:

"The numbers 2 & 5 represent numbers that have been used throughout a quarter century of Panthers hockey, in jerseys, statistics, calendar dates, and a multitude of other things, as well as represent the quarter century existence of the team, which is profound and super cool."

"The silver represents the skate blade, which is necessary to skate on the ice, without which there would be no ice hockey. Rather, it would be floor hockey, or possibly inline hockey if the skate boot would be outfitted with a wheel chassis."

idk, what do you expect them to say? “the red x is a white supremacist dog whistle”?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: