GDT: Florida-Ottawa 3 Dec 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
This team sucks! The entire franchise sucks! I was a SSH for eight years, and have been a fan since it's inception and always watch the games but seriously? How much more excuses and poor hockey can we deal with? It's like a bad marriage, they treat you wrong and and make you miserable but you can't help that you love them. I want to blame Viner for our laughable organization, and for now I will, but come'on. How do we go up 2-0 and then lose 4-2?? No matter who's behind the bench, the team looks miserable. It just sickens me to think that this team is going to draft top 3 yet again, and we're going to wait until the draft and free agency to see Tallon make a huge splash and bring in some REAL talent and then.... nothing.. Waited months for this season to start and now I can't wait for it to end. It's like groundhog day. Same $#it,different season. I also don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I see Barkov who looks like Matthias, even though he's only 18. Guds and Kuli don't look like top pairing Dmen. Markstrom has been weak in the NHL, and not looking like a future hall-of-famer. People have mentioned Petro and Robak who seem to be busts, and not living up to the hype. It's the same ol' song and dance. I hope I'm wrong and I'm having a bit of a bad day, so I appologize for being a negative Nelly but..... I'm tired of losing and my team making excuses. I want a coach who's going to work the $#it out of the team until they win, not make excuses. I want to see hustle for 60+ minutes a game. no excuses..

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
What would be our equivalent to that trade though?

Trocheck/Shore + Howden/Petro + 1st rounder...I don't think it would be beneficial for us to make that type of trade right now.

Ottawa was a playoff team last year and fully expected to contend this year. They lost alfy so they needed to replace that production. It's a completely different scenario. Bringing in a Bobby Ryan type player would get me excited but I don't think it will put many more wins on the board.

I've been beginning to lose faith in Howden and as much I want Trocheck to come up and make an immediate impact. I don't see it happening. Didn't Tallon say himself that not all of these draft picks are going to play for us? Might as well ditch 'em while they're hot commodities. But, on the flip-side, we could be losing a nice player. All I know is we're going to be screwed if we don't hit on one of these prospects. By using the word "hit" I mean draft a guy and he actually becomes a top-line player.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
This team sucks! The entire franchise sucks! I was a SSH for eight years, and have been a fan since it's inception and always watch the games but seriously? How much more excuses and poor hockey can we deal with? It's like a bad marriage, they treat you wrong and and make you miserable but you can't help that you love them. I want to blame Viner for our laughable organization, and for now I will, but come'on. How do we go up 2-0 and then lose 4-2?? No matter who's behind the bench, the team looks miserable. It just sickens me to think that this team is going to draft top 3 yet again, and we're going to wait until the draft and free agency to see Tallon make a huge splash and bring in some REAL talent and then.... nothing.. Waited months for this season to start and now I can't wait for it to end. It's like groundhog day. Same $#it,different season. I also don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I see Barkov who looks like Matthias, even though he's only 18. Guds and Kuli don't look like top pairing Dmen. Markstrom has been weak in the NHL, and not looking like a future hall-of-famer. People have mentioned Petro and Robak who seem to be busts, and not living up to the hype. It's the same ol' song and dance. I hope I'm wrong and I'm having a bit of a bad day, so I appologize for being a negative Nelly but..... I'm tired of losing and my team making excuses. I want a coach who's going to work the $#it out of the team until they win, not make excuses. I want to see hustle for 60+ minutes a game. no excuses..

I agree with a lot of that, but to be fair.. Barkov doesn't remind me of Matthias in the least bit.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Anaheim Ducks traded Bobby Ryan to the Ottawa Senators for Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen and a 1st round selection in 2014.

Seriously, for a bonafide 30-goal, top-line player. That's worth it. Would like to see Tallon do something similiar.

Yep. And the Panthers´first rounder is looking really valuable at the moment. Kulikov + first for should fetch something really nice.

Not sure how many +30 goal scorers available though? Kane, Pacioretty...

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I've been beginning to lose faith in Howden and as much I want Trocheck to come up and make an immediate impact. I don't see it happening. Didn't Tallon say himself that not all of these draft picks are going to play for us? Might as well ditch 'em while they're hot commodities. But, on the flip-side, we could be losing a nice player. All I know is we're going to be screwed if we don't hit on one of these prospects. By using the word "hit" I mean draft a guy and he actually becomes a top-line player.

I agree. Howden was never touted to be a top 6 NHL player though, or at least I never saw him as one...I think some of the tools are there, but it was never a sure thing. Granted, I don't see him a lot in San Antonio, but from what I saw last year, he can still be an effective bottom 6 NHLer, wouldn't you agree?

He seems to be averaging about .50 PPG in the AHL so far, that's not that bad for a 21-year-old IMO.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I a least hope the season of the scapegoat is over.

Markstrom sucks! send him down!

Dineen sucks! No sructure! Fire the coach!

Versteeg sucks trade him!

Kulikov sucks! trade him!

We simply lack veteran lst class talent.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I agree. Howden was never touted to be a top 6 NHL player though, or at least I never saw him as one...I think some of the tools are there, but it was never a sure thing. Granted, I don't see him a lot in San Antonio, but from what I saw last year, he can still be an effective bottom 6 NHLer, wouldn't you agree?

He seems to be averaging about .50 PPG in the AHL so far, that's not that bad for a 21-year-old IMO.

He's got bottom 6 potential. When he was up last season, I really liked Howden's speed and thought he was consistently creating scoring opportunities but didn't register any points. I see him becoming an effective penalty killer in the NHL. His speed would be great for a aggressive PK. The window is pretty small of him becoming a top 6 guy in the NHL, imo.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Pretty much. Need to bring in some veteran, proven top 6 talent next summer. I'm talking at least 2-3 of Gaborik, Vanek, Stastny, Steen, Moulson, Vrbata.

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Gaborik
Vanek
Moulson
Thorton
Marleau
Stastny
Boyle
Phanuef
Miller
Iginla
Cammalleri
Markov
Gionta
Hemsky
Michalek
Callahan

Sign 'em all!!!!!!

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
why would they sign here?

money doesnt get **** done when they're high-end players who know they'll play top3 anywhere else anyway

How would we know this for certain when ownership has always been too cheap to spend the kind of money needed to acquire those "high-end" players.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

Lol, what? You have got to be kidding me. I understand you are frustrated, but you are letting your frustration cloud your judgement.

CoolburnIsGone

How would we know this for certain when ownership has always been too cheap to spend the kind of money needed to acquire those "high-end" players.
Sometimes money doesnt matter enough that players just wont sign here. Garrison was offered more by us and he signed for less with the Canucks. That was under our previous ownership and confirm that for certain that we offered more. Parise just wanted to sign with Minnesota, even if we would've offered more. If Vanek is truly wanting to go to Minnesota as rumored, I doubt any amount of money we throw at him is going to convince him to sign here. You cant expect every "high-end" player to sign for just the money. So no I do think we know this for certain and need to face that reality.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Sorry to say it, but the attendance last night was embarrassing even with us sucking. Actually the team hasn't played as bad as the standings are saying, but its just the lack of finish the chances.

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
I was offered tickets for the game and passed since I didn't want to deal with opposing fans and had no faith in this team winning.
And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful that I didn't renew my season seats this year :)

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
Sometimes money doesnt matter enough that players just wont sign here. Garrison was offered more by us and he signed for less with the Canucks. That was under our previous ownership and confirm that for certain that we offered more. Parise just wanted to sign with Minnesota, even if we would've offered more. If Vanek is truly wanting to go to Minnesota as rumored, I doubt any amount of money we throw at him is going to convince him to sign here. You cant expect every "high-end" player to sign for just the money. So no I do think we know this for certain and need to face that reality.

I'm not so naive as to think that everyone wants to sign for the money but to automatically assume that no one will sign with us because of a losing season (or 10) is ludicrous there are plenty of other reasons to sign with Florida obviously but now that the ownership is willing to spend to see this team succeed as well as the fact that we're going to have a few team spots available, which IMO makes this team a little more appealing. Money + Opportunity doesn't hurt and it may land us a player that is high-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad