Recalled/Assigned: Florek recalled

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Can anyone tell me why Spooner isn't playing? Why are they refusing to call him up, he was great when he was here in regular season

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Can anyone tell me why Spooner isn't playing? Why are they refusing to call him up, he was great when he was here in regular season

We need a winger, not a center, and Spooner himself says he cannot play wing. Florek, on the other hand, has been great these past couple games. All first game he was putting pressure on Howard and the D, and it paid off last night with a goal. And he almost had a 2nd a couple of times.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Le sigh.

One more time for the record- Spooner never said any such thing.

He said that he's *more comfortable* at center...the team agrees. Spooner himself has never, ever disqualified himself from playing the wing, he's just better suited at center with his speed and creativity.

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
Florek is playing same role he did in Providence with PK and bottom six duty so slots in for Paille. Spooner plays a different role.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Julien on Spooner . . .

“He just needs to get involved,†said Julien. “You know me well enough now to know that when guys play at the end of their sticks, it doesn’t sit well with me. He’s capable of getting more involved in certain areas. And again, I can’t say it enough, we’re not talking about getting involved physically. You go in there and you muck it up for the puck when you need to get the puck. And you’ve got to show some involvement there. He’s been better there of late. . . . We know he can skate, we know he’s a good playmaker. But if you play at the end of your stick, you can’t play on thisteam, anyways.â€

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Le sigh.

One more time for the record- Spooner never said any such thing.

He said that he's *more comfortable* at center...the team agrees. Spooner himself has never, ever disqualified himself from playing the wing, he's just better suited at center with his speed and creativity.

Amazing how some here twist and turn comments:shakehead

In fact, I can`t imagine one unproven player who wants to see a minute of NHL ice time ever saying he won`t play this or that position

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Saw Florek a few times in Manchester this year and thought he looked like a good skater that could contribute on a third or fourth line. Big kid that had some skill and played a smart game.
I was hoping he would get a shot at the third line left wing spot next year. I think he brings more to the table than Caron and I hope if Paille is back that Caron will sit and Florek will stay on that third line.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Florek has been making the most of his opportunities:

Here's Clode's take:
“I think it was great for him,†Bruins coach Claude Julien said. “It was also great for the team, I think, to give us that early lead and really get that confidence going, that energy that we were looking for. That was a big goal for us, so it was great to see him stay on it and react well and quick enough so that it ended up being a good goal for us.â€

It's also telling that he got over 2 minutes of shorthanded time. Shows some level of trust there in his defense.

Source article:
http://nesn.com/2014/04/justin-florek-making-most-of-playoff-opportunity-with-bruins/

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Be nice if he keeps up his play.

Buyout Kelly and keep Florek next to Yeti and loui anyone?

Seems like a good Kelly replacement since he seems to be OK killing penalties (so far.)

Only loss is that Kelly is dependable to take important faceoffs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Be nice if he keeps up his play.

Buyout Kelly and keep Florek next to Yeti and loui anyone?

Seems like a good Kelly replacement since he seems to be OK killing penalties (so far.)

Only loss is that Kelly is dependable to take important faceoffs.

I`ll wager Chia moves Kelly, I don`t think there is much of a chance there isn`t one team out there that Kelly wouldn`t take a trade to if Chia makes the decision of this being his final year in a Bruin uni.

Chia has bought a few players out, but they were guys who were done

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I'd be fine with that too. Much cheaper as well and opens up cap space for Krug/Iginla/Backup Goalie/etc. Who would get Kellys A though? Looch maybe? Or Iginla?

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
i9nfAldrHSfH7.gif

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I`ll wager Chia moves Kelly, I don`t think there is much of a chance there isn`t one team out there that Kelly wouldn`t take a trade to if Chia makes the decision of this being his final year in a Bruin uni.

Chia has bought a few players out, but they were guys who were done

Good point, you're probably right.

Maybe get a pick for him? 3rd rounder? Or is he worth a 2nd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad