Recalled/Assigned: Florek recalled

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I dont remember this kid, was he the one who played on the 4th line for awhile, if he was he didnt impress much.
I was extremely impressed with his brief stint.

And I'm not trying to be a richard but if you don't even remember him, how can you have an assessment of him?

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Flu bug going around in the B's locker room. May be one of the reasons why he was called up.
What a fantastic time for that to happen. Makes me kind of glad that the series starts on Friday now.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Flu bug going around in the B's locker room. May be one of the reasons why he was called up.
What a fantastic time for that to happen. Makes me kind of glad that the series starts on Friday now.

This, or Paille might still be feeling the effects of getting his bell rung.

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
I do remember someone who played on the fourth line, he always seemed out of place, it might not be him. I hope he can help out. I really hope he can bring more than Caron.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I do remember someone who played on the fourth line, he always seemed out of place, it might not be him. I hope he can help out. I really hope he can bring more than Caron.

yeah i never cared for that guy either. He had a particularly terrible game that one night. ;)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I was extremely impressed with his brief stint.

And I'm not trying to be a richard but if you don't even remember him, how can you have an assessment of him?
I think what he's saying is that if he had made a better impression in his one game he would have remembered him.

Good size. Should be in the Merlot line mix next year.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He scored a goal in his first game-it was a tip after a very nice net drive.

He looked very good Sunday in the Devil's game. Good on the forecheck and made some real good plays. IMO if he is playing for Paille he is probably very close to Paille in style-maybe not as fast but still very fast, hits and pretty strong on the boards.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada

He looked very good Sunday in the Devil's game. Good on the forecheck and made some real good plays. IMO if he is playing for Paille he is probably very close to Paille in style-maybe not as fast but still very fast, hits and pretty strong on the boards.

So hopefully if either Paille or Kelly can't go, Florek gets in over Caron? =)

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I really like Florek, not just as a player but a person as well. I've been chatting with him on twitter over the past few months and is one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to. My mother made a blanket and scarf for his newborn daughter, and here's a picture of her laying on the blanket :) (He said that she's been using the blanket and scarf at games ever since she got them)

15f3epv.jpg

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia

I really liked that breakaway he had, where he actually went after the puck after it was turned away. I surprisingly don't see that very often, players usually just give up on it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Phew! That was a close one. I thought this thread was called Ftorek recalled.

I may have disliked Ftorek more than Lewis.

But I digress. Was Florek,the one that scored a goal earlier this year on an absolute rocket, top shelf from the right wing?

Or was that Fraser?

Selke37

Bear since 1989
Dec 5, 2011
Bruins World
I may have disliked Ftorek more than Lewis.

But I digress. Was Florek,the one that scored a goal earlier this year on an absolute rocket, top shelf from the right wing?

Or was that Fraser?

That was Fraser - Florek scored against LA deflecting a puck on a screen :)

Last edited:

OrrCam

Aug 9, 2008

You're probably recalling seeing Caron on the 4th line :laugh:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I really like Florek, not just as a player but a person as well. I've been chatting with him on twitter over the past few months and is one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to. My mother made a blanket and scarf for his newborn daughter, and here's a picture of her laying on the blanket :) (He said that she's been using the blanket and scarf at games ever since she got them)

15f3epv.jpg

That nails it-Bruins produce awesome baby girls.

Sweet picture.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Good thing the Bruins don't start til Friday. Never good to get the flu bug, but better to get it now than in the middle of the series.

Oh, and I like this Florek kid. I would rather see him playing instead of Caron.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

My exact thoughts on Florek as well. Real good size to handle the physical play of the playoffs. Hopefully PC and/or Neely pulled some rank and want to see Florek over Caron.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
My exact thoughts on Florek as well. Real good size to handle the physical play of the playoffs. Hopefully PC and/or Neely pulled some rank and want to see Florek over Caron.

If Chiarelli had wanted to send Caron through waivers to the AHL and make Florek (or someone else) the 13th forward, he could have done so. And if Julien was as enamoured with Caron as some here seem to believe, he would have played more than less than half the games (and never supplanted anyone who wasn't hurt or ill).

Chiarelli (or Neely, who says he defers to Chiarelli in such matters) doesn't need to "pull rank" on Julien when it comes to personnel. Of course they discuss things, but he supplies the players, Julien coaches them.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
If Chiarelli had wanted to send Caron through waivers to the AHL and make Florek (or someone else) the 13th forward, he could have done so. And if Julien was as enamoured with Caron as some here seem to believe, he would have played more than less than half the games (and never supplanted anyone who wasn't hurt or ill).

Chiarelli (or Neely, who says he defers to Chiarelli in such matters) doesn't need to "pull rank" on Julien when it comes to personnel. Of course they discuss things, but he supplies the players, Julien coaches them.

Never debated or argued that PC doesn't discuss things with Julien. Obviously PC didn't send Caron through waivers after discussions this with his coach. What I was hoping for now is for Florek to play and not Caron.

Maybe there was a finality to Caron's play in Boston after how Florek has played during his call ups. If Florek plays, Paille doesn't play this Friday, then I consider it pulling rank by PC. Or he will let his coach decide on Caron which has proved to be an absolute waste of time no matter how many games he has played.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Never debated or argued that PC doesn't discuss things with Julien. Obviously PC didn't send Caron through waivers after discussions this with his coach. What I was hoping for now is for Florek to play and not Caron.

Maybe there was a finality to Caron's play in Boston after how Florek has played during his call ups. If Florek plays, Paille doesn't play this Friday, then I consider it pulling rank by PC. Or he will let his coach decide on Caron which has proved to be an absolute waste of time no matter how many games he has played.

I don't get the "pulling rank" thing. Caron was who Julien was supplied with, by Chiarelli, as the 13th forward this season. Florek, Spooner, Johnson, among others from Providence, all played games in Boston this season. Was that because Chiarelli "pulled rank," or because he called them up and made them available?

Julien may be the cook, but he's not buying the groceries. That's the GM's job.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I love the guy. He's like Paille, obviously not as good, but an absolutely phenomenal 4th liner. A guy everyone will want to have once he establishes himself.

He's deceivingly quick, has some real good skills, and does all the little things right. Screens the goalie, looks for tips, goes to the corners, takes punishment to create chances... He'll fight right in with Soupy and Pie if we decide to put him there. I'm 500% for having him in over Caron. I think he's going to become a mainstay on our 4th line for years to come. Terrific depth guy to have.

15f3epv.jpg

That's awesome. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad