GDT: Floms vs Wuld 9 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's more Versteeg and Monahan and Versteeg and Brouwer. Basically Versteeg is a lesser Gaudreau and can elevate his linemates.

Which is also probably why Gaudreau-Monahan-Versteeg didn't work in the past and likely won't moving forwards; there's only one puck and both Gaudreau and Versteeg want it. Plus Versteeg seems be better on the left side.

I thought of that, but then Versteeg has had success with Kane in the past, hasn't he?

And Kane-Anisimov-Panarin is basically exactly that format- same as we used to have with Hudler-Monahan-Gaudreau, and the same as we would want from Gaudreau-Monahan-Versteeg. Two wingers who love the puck, and can each play off each other.

I am hopeful that with more familiarity and Monahan playing a more effective role up the middle, they can find something there.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Gaudreau would do fine with Backlund, I think he would do fine with Bennett, I also think Gaudreau helps Monahan be the Monahan that we've all come to love and we need Mony back doing what he does.

Also Tkachuk has been amazing with Fro and Backs and they are the ideal limemates for his development, so why break that up. Put Bennett with Ferland and Brouwer and let them go pound teams and wear them down. We need a good checking line that can score and they can be it.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I think counting out trying Gaudreau/Monahan/Versteeg again based solely on a small sample size where literally every player on our team was playing like **** is a stupid move. Also, the more I think about it, the less I want to play Bennett with Gaudreau, Bennett's game needs to pick up on its own before we start to afford him those opportunities. Monahan has looked good lately, he has played with Johnny for a long time... gifting Johnny as a linemate to Bennett would be kind of a slap in the face to Mony.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think Gaudreau-Monahan-Versteeg could be a good trump card to catch a team off guard, but it doesn't have the making of a line to go to over an 82 game season.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I have the answer, play Bennett with Mony and Johnny.

I was really wishing that Bennett and Monahan was going to catch on during Gaudreau's absence. Monahan was a playmaker when he was in juniors, I was wondering if having someone like Bennett to feed the puck to would work out. They showed a few flashes during their brief stint together. I'd be pretty interested to see what happens if all three of them got together, even if it's just on the PP.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I have the answer, play Bennett with Mony and Johnny.

giphy.gif

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Gaudreau-Monahan-Bennett has been absolutely terrible the few times it's been tried. So unless the latter two take a significant step forward in their development, I hope Gulutzan stays far, far away from that idea.

Besides, it's nice to finally have four dangerous lines. That's the kind of thing you need in this league if you want to be a contender; not one loaded line followed by scraps in the bottom six.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
It'd be nice to call up Jankowski and have him play with Gaudreau + Bennett and have Monahan on Stajans wing.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
why do you guys always want to mess with a good thing? :laugh:

We just curb stomped the ducks 8-3. I say keep the lines intact and let Johnny naturally find his place in there.

At the very least keep Versteeg-Monahan-Brouwer together, they've looked great!

How friggin awesome of a signing has Versteeg been so far?! We got a legit top 6 talent for peanuts that is starting to gel with one of our best players :yo:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
why do you guys always want to mess with a good thing? :laugh:

We just curb stomped the ducks 8-3. I say keep the lines intact and let Johnny naturally find his place in there.

At the very least keep Versteeg-Monahan-Brouwer together, they've looked great!

How friggin awesome of a signing has Versteeg been so far?! We got a legit top 6 talent for peanuts that is starting to gel with one of our best players :yo:

No kidding. Squeeze as much juice out of this orange while we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad