GDT: Flint Firebirds at London Knights 7:00 pm (Rogers TV/CHL.tv)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
yea it was crazy back then and we had some real characters. back in the early days of HF I would get so baked and just write and write and write.

This got me thinking, I would read this site in the mid 90's on 465 computer. Took forever to load back then but I enjoyed it. There definitely was some crazy characters here then. Still kind of miss the old original site.
Montreal was and still is my favourite read here. I also remember some guy named FISH maybe? Had some interesting takes and things usually got heated with him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This got me thinking, I would read this site in the mid 90's on 465 computer. Took forever to load back then but I enjoyed it. There definitely was some crazy characters here then. Still kind of miss the old original site.
Montreal was and still is my favourite read here. I also remember some guy named FISH maybe? Had some interesting takes and things usually got heated with him.

I didn't find this board till 2000 or 2001. I signed up as Dan or HabfanDan or something like that. Then there was the great melt down of HF where everything got wiped out in Feb of '02. I waited a month to sign up as I was pissed that everything got wiped and wanted to see if the board would stick or crash again. After several weeks I signed up again but by that time there were several posters with some form of Dan as their username so I was lazy and just put my favorite hockey stick brand at the time as I wasn't playing much by then but in the '90's I would only use a Montreal brand stick, from one of the Finnish NHLers, loved that stick brand.

It was like the wild wild west back then compared to now. When I stated covering the Habs for HF, back when they were more then just a message board, the articles that we did, you could put comments after them. They weren't moderated so it was ugly people would say all kinds of shit about French this and French that. Didn't take long for them to figure out to remove the comment section if memory serves.

Fun times, I loved getting in debates about prospects and would go on and on, back and forth. But then the bad years and this place just got so dark, everything just became f*** you I'm right and won't listen to anything you say, just keep repeating it over and over that i'm right. But it's been tough to be a Hab fan these last 20 years on HF other then some good things here and there.

danboulie

Dec 23, 2002
Fishonthesand. Always opinionated.
Good lord. Just realized I’ve been on HF for almost 20 years.
I remember some of the old characters (McPhee, vachon, lord chezz). Simpler times……

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Dan thats the name! I was trying to think of that. I remember the articles and fighting. And the bickering about the prospect rating and rankings..
I thought the meltdown was before 2002. Seemed much longer than that but than again that almost 20 years ago.

Reactions: montreal

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I didn't find this board till 2000 or 2001. I signed up as Dan or HabfanDan or something like that. Then there was the great melt down of HF where everything got wiped out in Feb of '02. I waited a month to sign up as I was pissed that everything got wiped and wanted to see if the board would stick or crash again. After several weeks I signed up again but by that time there were several posters with some form of Dan as their username so I was lazy and just put my favorite hockey stick brand at the time as I wasn't playing much by then but in the '90's I would only use a Montreal brand stick, from one of the Finnish NHLers, loved that stick brand.

It was like the wild wild west back then compared to now. When I stated covering the Habs for HF, back when they were more then just a message board, the articles that we did, you could put comments after them. They weren't moderated so it was ugly people would say all kinds of shit about French this and French that. Didn't take long for them to figure out to remove the comment section if memory serves.

Fun times, I loved getting in debates about prospects and would go on and on, back and forth. But then the bad years and this place just got so dark, everything just became f*** you I'm right and won't listen to anything you say, just keep repeating it over and over that i'm right. But it's been tough to be a Hab fan these last 20 years on HF other then some good things here and there.
You deserve your flowers man, you’re probably the main reason I started posting here way back

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
What MB lacked in brains he made up for in grapefruits. What a bold pick.
I think at that point he was giving no f*cks. Like a drunken sailor in a strip joint. He was told not to touch....got beat by the bouncers, tossed into the street where the cops picked him up and threw him in the klink. Never saw him again.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I think at that point he was giving no f*cks. Like a drunken sailor in a strip joint. He was told not to touch....got beat by the bouncers, tossed into the street where the cops picked him up and threw him in the klink. Never saw him again.

One thing about MB is that he loved the Habs. I have a feeling he knew this was his last year, so he went with BPA at the draft knowing he could absorb the controversy for the team.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Just want to heap the praise on to Montreal for the years of entertainment. Hard to believe how long I've been coming to this site and read a lot of your stuff over the years.

Back to Mailloux impressive debut but some of those defensive zone sequences looked terrifying.

Still, when's the last time the Habs had a player with size like that go coast to coast in junior.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Just want to heap the praise on to Montreal for the years of entertainment. Hard to believe how long I've been coming to this site and read a lot of your stuff over the years.

Back to Mailloux impressive debut but some of those defensive zone sequences looked terrifying.

Still, when's the last time the Habs had a player with size like that go coast to coast in junior.
Beaulieu (albeit he is 1 inch shorter) and Sergachev?

Reactions: NotProkofievian

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Beaulieu (albeit he is 1 inch shorter) and Sergachev?

Yeah hopefully he doesn't end up like Beaulieu. He had all the tools but no tool box.

patrick-star-idk.gif

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
As was advertised, the kid has terrific tools. It's just a matter of whether he can put it all together to become a top 4 NHL dman. I'm glad he has the Hunter bros guiding him because it would be easy for someone of his size and ability to develop bad habits in the OHL. Everything looked easy for him tonight due to his size and skating. I can't imagine what he'll look like next year in the OHL as a 19 year old!
I will predict that if there is a WJC next year he will be strong candidate for Team Canada. If there is any progression in his game, Mallioux will be dangerous.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Had Bergevin not picked this kid some GM would have grabbed him in the 2nd round.

5 OHL games is all he has played but you can see the potential.

Has Colton Parayko size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad