Flint Firebirds 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
He’s probably just alluding to the 4 16yo’s they can dress this year. They’re already at 3, with Pitre, Aspinall and Gee. It would be nice if could convince a couple from the 2021 or 2020 drafts to sign also.
Correct

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
He’s probably just alluding to the 4 16yo’s they can dress this year. They’re already at 3, with Pitre, Aspinall and Gee. It would be nice if could convince a couple from the 2021 or 2020 drafts to sign also.
Correct, but you can sign as many 06s but only 4 can be registered with Major Jr Cards.

So they may sign more rookies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Correct, but you can sign as many 06s but only 4 can be registered with Major Jr Cards.

So they may sign more rookies.
Yeah. We hope so. They ran Pitters on a B Card last year. Be nice if they could pull off making that work for a kid or two each other.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I do not think we have room, unless there is a trade or two.
The firebirds will have a lot of the allotted player cards used. They will need to keep a couple open to have the option of acquiring a player or two near the trade deadline.

I think signing more high school age players to affiliate cards than needed and intending to have around to accrue four years of the OHL education package could end up having a negative impact on relations with player agents.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
LWCRWLDRDG
OthmannLombardiPierceyKuzminDelineMichelone
GirouxKresslerHayesBertucciD'AmatoDay
SlavicekHayPitreTerryPetrovski
BradshawPitrePetrouGee
AssinewaiPattersonPittersMacLean
Aspinall
Klinkhammer

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
LWCRWLDRDG
OthmannLombardiPierceyKuzminDelineCranley
SlavicekHayPitreTerryPetrovskiMichelone
BradshawPitrePetrouGee
Aspinall
Klinkhammer

They could really use another RH Dman, D'Amato only RH on the blue line. One of the 2 RED would have to be gone with Cranley on the roster.

@FirebirdsFan21 Do you know Klinkhammer and Patterson signed? or was that more of a question?

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Camp is next week and have not seen anything about Patterson or any other forward signing.

Only recently, Bradshaw, Pitre and Aspinal fwds have been signed.

They will have to most likely get rid of one of their fwd 02s and 2 of their 02 dmen.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Just checked the Pre-season Roster - James Mayotte is not on it. One of the OA defenseman.
Have 2 OA forwards, 2 OA Defensemen and Cranley - G.

Maybe they run with 4 - OA's to start the year.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I would suspect OA’s Panwar, Piercey, or one of the “D” could get us a RH D-man or draft picks. Would hate to see them go, but would understand. If we are not in contention at the trade deadline. Orthmann (whiops, Othmann could get us a slew of draft picks as others have pointed-out.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
LWCRWLDRDG
BradshawPitrePetrouGee
Aspinall
Klinkhammer

They could really use another RH Dman, D'Amato only RH on the blue line. One of the 2 RED would have to be gone with Cranley on the roster.

@FirebirdsFan21 Do you know Klinkhammer and Patterson signed? or was that more of a question?
more of a question. Have not heard or seen anything with the signing?

Reactions: MJ5

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
LWCRWLDRDG
BradshawPitrePetrouGee
Aspinall
Klinkhammer

This would indicate you traded Panwar for draft picks. We could use some additional draft stock. PS: what does Jack S. do all day? Nothing on training camp. I like that Windsor, Sarnia, snd Saginaw have information on their camps on their main page.

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
This would indicate you traded Panwar for draft picks. We could use some additional draft stock. PS: what does Jack S. do all day? Nothing on training camp. I like that Windsor, Sarnia, snd Saginaw have information on their camps on their main page.
We traded a 4th for Panwar to get him from London, wonder if we would get that back and maybe like a 7th now. OA's price tags aren't usually great, but he really stepped his game up with the opportunities last year.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I think he has out-performed that 4th pick we gave up, but I know that is not necessarily how it works.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Panwar and Terry are both worthy of an OA spot on an OHL team in most seasons. This year though? There’s not a lot of open roster spots period. Let alone for OA’s. I hope both of them can find a landing spot and it would nice if the ‘Birds could get a return but I’m not holding my breath. I still think Dent should have really jumped through some hoops to try and convince Sarnia to move Thornton in the same division so they could keep one more OA skater. I believe in Thornton too. We’ll see how he does in Barrie.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The more we advertise they are going to be traded, the less we will get back imo. There will need to be other players moved as well. Too many players.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
The more we advertise they are going to be traded, the less we will get back imo. There will need to be other players moved as well. Too many players.
I don't think GM's and front office staff are sitting here refreshing these teams threads looking to see who the fans think will be moved.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I think there are “3” like you and your bff’s with other league teams who think they have the ear of their coach and GM like you guys do, so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce