Flint Firebirds 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Whelp what a season. Remember running into @Savard18 pre-season picking up the season tickets and talking about what might be. Fringe playoff team, he expected Cavallin to be one of the better goalies in the league ✅, I just wanted us to upgrade Gretz ✅, great kid, just thought we could do better. Cavallin took us to the conference finals, with a huge help from Keppen who replaced Gretz as the final OA and a spark plug. They made 0 impactful moves at the deadline, Keppen helped this team turn a corner no one was expecting.

The roster will be well seasoned with some hungry kids, they will return a ton of firepower. Curious how the OA's will play out. Deline, Panwar, Piercey, Terry are the prime candidates ranked I feel in that order. I'd take all of them back without question. Mayotte was great in his role for this team, but would really like to see them upgrade over him if he's the last option.

Ted Dent did one hell of a job with these young men this year. Really looking forward to next fall.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Will be interesting to see which of the draft picks will be on the team next season

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Whelp what a season. Remember running into @Savard18 pre-season picking up the season tickets and talking about what might be. Fringe playoff team, he expected Cavallin to be one of the better goalies in the league ✅, I just wanted us to upgrade Gretz ✅, great kid, just thought we could do better. Cavallin took us to the conference finals, with a huge help from Keppen who replaced Gretz as the final OA and a spark plug. They made 0 impactful moves at the deadline, Keppen helped this team turn a corner no one was expecting.

The roster will be well seasoned with some hungry kids, they will return a ton of firepower. Curious how the OA's will play out. Deline, Panwar, Piercey, Terry are the prime candidates ranked I feel in that order. I'd take all of them back without question. Mayotte was great in his role for this team, but would really like to see them upgrade over him if he's the last option.

Ted Dent did one hell of a job with these young men this year. Really looking forward to next fall.

who do you guys seeing in net

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
who do you guys seeing in net
They will have to find a goalie.

I like Days potential, but you aren't winning anything with a youngster. Hoping the goalie won't count as an OA and they will be able to find one.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
They will have to find a goalie.

I like Days potential, but you aren't winning anything with a youngster. Hoping the goalie won't count as an OA and they will be able to find one.

there will be a few out there, but even if they dont count id take a stab at them, id be surprised if medina is back in windsor as an example

letsgofirebirds1

Mar 15, 2016
In what is looking like a "go for it" season, for goaltenders I'd first put out feelers for either Goudreau or Thornton. I'm sure that neither wants to be a backup next season.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
there will be a few out there, but even if they dont count id take a stab at them, id be surprised if medina is back in windsor as an example

In what is looking like a "go for it" season, for goaltenders I'd first put out feelers for either Goudreau or Thornton. I'm sure that neither wants to be a backup next season.

I think my list of "possibilities" are as follows. Obviously some of these guys probably won't be available, but its a list loaded with OA's.

Joe Ranger OA*
Marco Costantini OA*
Anson Thornton
Joe Vrbetic OA*
Xavier Medina OA*
Nick Chenard OA* (But I feel like Owen Sound will be a contender)
Mathias Onuska OA*
Will Cranley OA*
Tristan Lennox OA*
Tynan Tucker OA*

Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint should be good again this next season. An OA Goalie will be needed. Offensive Lines will fluctuate, but could look something like this:

Piercey-Lombardi-C. Pitre
Hay-Panwar-Hayes
Slavicek-Kressler-Giroux
Assinewai-K. Pitre (rookie)-Aspinall (rookie)
Petrou-

I would suspect a trade or two and perhaps another rookie will shine. PS: Aspinall has not signed yet, but is tall and a high pick.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Flint should be good again this next season. An OA Goalie will be needed. Offensive Lines will fluctuate, but could look something like this:

Piercey-Lombardi-C. Pitre
Hay-Panwar-Hayes
Slavicek-Kressler-Giroux
Assinewai-K. Pitre (rookie)-Aspinall (rookie)
Petrou-

I would suspect a trade or two and perhaps another rookie will shine. PS: Aspinall has not signed yet, but is tall and a high pick.
How could you forget your favorite player Orthmann?

• Haha
Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
He very well could be in the AHL. Sarcasm. I get it, but not my favorite player.

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Piercey* - Kressler - Othmann
Hayers - Lombardi - C. Pitre
Giroux - Panwar*- Slavicek
Petrou - Hay - Owen Pitters (Don't forget about him, he started the year here and was solid)
Assinewai - K. Pitre

Deline* - Kuzmin
D'Amato - Petrovski
Bertucci - MacLean

I definitely think they make a move for an 03 Dman, or if only 1 of Piercey/Panwar come back, there could be the possibility of also bringing back Zach Terry as an OA.

Love to see them sign Andrew Strathmann or Seth Constance from previous drafts.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
You forgot Ethan Hay in your Flint lineup huge part of their future.
If CHL goes allows 4th OA to be goalie only,I see Panwar moved,with Terry ,Deline and Piercey as the OAs ,plus an OA tender.
If not better trade for Thornton from Sarnia as he will be on the trade block by Sarnia.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
If CHL goes allows 4th OA to be goalie only,I see Panwar moved,with Terry ,Deline and Piercey as the OAs ,plus an OA tender.
If not better trade for Thornton from Sarnia as he will be on the trade block by Sarnia.
I did, not sure how I managed that, kid was incredible this year. And they will 100% need a goalie, really hope that 4th OA rule goes into effect.

Edit: I put K. Pitre on there twice, one of them should have been Hay.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
A. Would love to have both Piercey and Panwar back, but understand you need to trade someone to get someone and possibly draft picks

B. Just guessing: I think 2-3 Rookies make the team

C. I think Terry and MacLean will be gone. (Terry could be traded)

D. We will trade for an OA goalie and as MJ5 said probably a “D” man as well

E. Flint doesnt have a plethora of draft picks

F. Would not be shocked if Dent was courted for other positions (AHL)

Just some thoughts from three hours away.

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
In reply to point E. Dont need a ton to land a goalie given what some went for this year. (Guzda a 3rd and 5th, Onuska 4 & 6, Tynan 3 & 8)

Plus after this year, I think it's retooling time and some bodies are moved to replenish picks.

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
Piercey* - Kressler - Othmann
Hayers - Lombardi - C. Pitre
Giroux - Panwar*- Slavicek
Petrou - Hay - Owen Pitters (Don't forget about him, he started the year here and was solid)
Assinewai - K. Pitre

Deline* - Kuzmin
D'Amato - Petrovski
Bertucci - MacLean

I definitely think they make a move for an 03 Dman, or if only 1 of Piercey/Panwar come back, there could be the possibility of also bringing back Zach Terry as an OA.

Love to see them sign Andrew Strathmann or Seth Constance from previous drafts.
No way Hay will be a 4th liner next year, for a rookie the kid stood out in the Windsor series. He is draftable and I would suspect he will have more responsibility and move up to 2nd or 3rd line.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I asked an OHL official about the 4th OA being a goalie, they said it was not going to happen .

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Othmann Giroux Hayes
C.Pitre Lombardi Piercey *
Panwar * Kresler Hay
Assinewai K. Pitre Pitters
Bradshaw Petrou Aspinal

Deline * Kuzmin
Damato Terry *
Petrovski Bertucci
Gee Strohack

Day
Michellone

They will most likely deal OA fwd and Terry for 02 Goalie. If they get 03 G then they will keep Terry over OA fwd.

Team needs some size and physical presence and I would assume trades/moves are coming.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Othmann Giroux Hayes
C.Pitre Lombardi Piercey *
Panwar * Kresler Hay
Assinewai K. Pitre Pitters
Bradshaw Petrou Aspinal

Deline * Kuzmin
Damato Terry *
Petrovski Bertucci
Gee Strohack

Day
Michellone

They will most likely deal OA fwd and Terry for 02 Goalie. If they get 03 G then they will keep Terry over OA fwd.

Team needs some size and physical presence and I would assume trades/moves are coming.
That's a load of players and you didn't include Slavicek.

He showed some flash, lacked consistency. Not sure you would find a guy worth it as late as Flint will be drafting in the import draft, but what if they released Slavicek and drafted a goalie?

Not sure you find an import goalie that can take you to the promise land tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce