Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Great W after sleep walking through basically 2 periods.

Really played well in the 3rd, Pitre and Hay impressed again tonight for the newbies.

Cavallin was great again.

Giroux's effort on the PK at the end, and the undressing the goalie just phenomenal.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I’m slightly concerned about the durability of Cavallin’s shoulder. He’s gonna be throwing a lot of t-shirts into the crowd this year. Terrible first period, just out coached. Erie was ready and Flint was not but once again Cavallin held the fort until they showed up in the second. They just weren’t able to breakout, set up in the offensive or slow Erie in the neutral zone at the start. Erie was able to gain zone entry at will. Still, a win is a win and it’s good to get two. Especially missing a top 6 forward and a top pairing D.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thanks. But it seems he played in one regular season game after that, but none since. Maybe he aggravated the injury in that regular season game?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
He has not dressed in either regular season game.
Hopefully Wednesday. I think they’re gonna be pretty evenly matched against Saginaw when it’s Cavallin-Lennox starting, so a healthy Kuzmin will go a long way. It’ll move your current 1D down to second pairing and have a another guy that was getting top 4 D minutes on the bottom pairing. That’ll help quite a bit. All things considered, the D hasn’t looked bad so far and like most teams, they’re gonna improve a lot and quickly as everybody finds their feet again. Anybody see the Instagram post where Giroux’s GW made it onto an ESPN Top 10 plays highlight at the #3 spot? That Othmann goal from Deline off of a slick drop from Lombardi was highlight worthy too.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Good to see Erie and Saginaw split 1-1 and neither team look impressive. Still too early for me to really get much of a feel for the league at this point but I still think Flint should at least be lining up for a playoff spot. We’ll have a better idea after a busy next 7 days and hopefully appearances by Kuzmin and Panwar.

Reactions: Toldyaso

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Kuzmin and Panwar making their debuts tonight.

No Pircey or Bertuzzi.....

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Been busy. Thought both Cavallin and Lennox looked a bit shaky at times Wednesday although both pulled it together for stretches and made some big saves. Flint just didn’t convert on some big time scoring chances and I’m sure Saginaw feels the same way. With Piercey missing, still haven’t quite got to see a full line-up just yet. Kuzmin looked good in his first game and I’m actually surprised to say I thought Panwar looked the most impressive among the forwards. Othmann dropping the gloves was a bit of a sign to his teammates and Saginaw and I don’t necessarily mind that but they can’t be going 17 minutes without him on the ice. As suspected by most, those are two fairly evenly matched teams and I think a lot of games with Saginaw this year will come down to who’s ready and which goaltender wins the net battle. Flint and all the American teams to an extent got handicapped by the schedule. Most teams in the O currently have had 4-5 extra games on Flint to gel after a LONG break and now they’ve got to play catch up with a more packed schedule. Not really thrilled with the amount of weeknight games either.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
More team practices instead of games early in the season can be a very good thing considering more than half of the roster was turned over

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
More team practices instead of games early in the season can be a very good thing considering more than half of the roster was turned over
Yeah, for sure helps to learn the new coaches systems which is big. Hadn’t considered that as much. Still, it’s big to help learn linemates habits and situations they excel in during game situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad