Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
They (the US) had better open the border for Canadians by November 3rd otherwise the OHL is confronted with USA based teams having to switch their home games versus Canadian teams to Canada.

yeah, that’s not a thing.

Nice try tho.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Cavallin was awesome, made some big saves tonight. Much deserved 1st shut out of his OHL career.

Kressler and Othmann looked fantastic. Both were all over the place all night long.

Pitre, Pitters, really stood out for me up front from the unknowns. Assinewai had a few moments.

Deline looked better, and Terry was solid. I can see the upside of Bertucci.

Gretz is big. :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Cavallin was awesome, made some big saves tonight. Much deserved 1st shut out of his OHL career.

Kressler and Othmann looked fantastic. Both were all over the place all night long.

Pitre, Pitters, really stood out for me up front from the unknowns. Assinewai had a few moments.

Deline looked better, and Terry was solid. I can see the upside of Bertucci.

Gretz is big. :dunno:
Bertucci is gonna be the real deal I think. Terry was a bit more impressive than I expected and I think I’m gonna like Hay a bit too. First viewing of Gavin Hayes and he does appear to come as advertised. I’d like to thank Stefan and the previous scouting staff for finding Amadeus Lombardi in the 13th round. No Panwar tonight be he seemed ok walking around. Only one game. Still, a good one and I’m really happy for Cavallin. Why anyone would doubt him after 19-20 is beyond me.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Bertucci is gonna be the real deal I think. Terry was a bit more impressive than I expected and I think I’m gonna like Hay a bit too. First viewing of Gavin Hayes and he does appear to come as advertised. I’d like to thank Stefan and the previous scouting staff for finding Amadeus Lombardi in the 13th round. No Panwar tonight be he seemed ok walking around. Only one game. Still, a good one and I’m really happy for Cavallin. Why anyone would doubt him after 19-20 is beyond me.

No Kuzmin either, wonder what was up with him and Panwar.

Also someone was rocking a bright royal blue suit. Looking flashy!

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
Good start for Flint. Looking at other rosters not a lot of teams have as many solid veterans as Flint does. Let’s hope TC can keep them happy and they want to stay. Could be good season for Flint.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Good start for Flint. Looking at other rosters not a lot of teams have as many solid veterans as Flint does. Let’s hope TC can keep them happy and they want to stay. Could be good season for Flint.

Terry should be solid enough. If Deline, Gretz, Mayotte can be nearly average as top 5 D, Flint can be very competitive. It sure sounded like the D was good (radio) late 2nd through 3rd periods.

Last edited:

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
No Kuzmin either, wonder what was up with him and Panwar.

Also someone was rocking a bright royal blue suit. Looking flashy!

Kuzmin went off the ice during the last preseason game. Upper body/shoulder. He wasn't in a sling so it could be more precautionary then anything.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Kuzmin went off the ice during the last preseason game. Upper body/shoulder. He wasn't in a sling so it could be more precautionary then anything.

Thanks!

Wish we got a little more reporting on things like this from Flint. Even like a healthy scratch list now that we have some extra bodies. "Player A Upper body, Player B Lower body, Player C Coaches decision" etc.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Thanks!

Wish we got a little more reporting on things like this from Flint. Even like a healthy scratch list now that we have some extra bodies. "Player A Upper body, Player B Lower body, Player C Coaches decision" etc.
Dom started doing this the last year. Was more on the upper body, lower body. Healthy scratches were assumed to be coach's decision.

Reactions: Agent 53

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
Canada-U.S. will reopen land border to fully vaccinated visitors in November. Good news for Ontario players, their families can finally attend games.

Reactions: Agent 53

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Canada-U.S. will reopen land border to fully vaccinated visitors in November. Good news for Ontario players, their families can finally attend games.

Oh good, was worried about losing all our home games.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
There may still be issues with US Border allowing certain vaccines to qualify.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Many Canadians, like me, have mixed MrNA vaccines, e.g. One dose of Moderna, one dose of Pfizer. US has yet to approve the mixed doses.
I’m in the same situation. I checked with Telehealth today re a 3rd dose and unless I’m Indigenous or live in a long term care home it’s a NO.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Many Canadians, like me, have mixed MrNA vaccines, e.g. One dose of Moderna, one dose of Pfizer. US has yet to approve the mixed doses.

So even though Moderna and Pfizer are 2 of the main vaccines available here, our government doesn't accept a mixed vaccine?

giphy.gif

Really hope they fix that for you guys if you are planning on making any trips over.

Reactions: icepups

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Not sure if I would have taken it if it was from two different companies. Surprised that Canada allows that, unless that was their only choice.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Not sure if I would have taken it if it was from two different companies. Surprised that Canada allows that, unless that was their only choice.

CDC hasn't backed it, yet. Most of the recent studies show glowing results.

Also seen it mentioned that people who got Moderna might be recommended a Pfizer booster, and Pfizer recipients might be recommend a Moderna booster, going through trials now, but it sounds very promising. And if this is the case, I can't see why the US wouldn't recognize the mix from Canada.

Reactions: nelli27

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Cannot wait to get our adopted 7 year old down to his 1st Flint Firebirds and Michigan Football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad