Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
There had been rumors of the import pick from this year coming. Hopefully that’s it, I’d assume they wouldn’t announce Othmann being back since he’s already rostered.
maybe Othmann is your captain?

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Here is your surprise

Not a huge surprise but certainly a relief for any fans that were concerned. I’m gonna enjoy watching him for as long as I can this year. I highly doubt he’ll be in the OHL next year. I think a lot of non-Flint OHL fans are underestimating the team a little. I don’t see them leading the conference or even division but I do think there’s playoff birth potential. Maybe a 7/8 spot with the ceiling being 4/5. There’s a little more depth and talent there than people realize.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not a huge surprise but certainly a relief for any fans that were concerned. I’m gonna enjoy watching him for as long as I can this year. I highly doubt he’ll be in the OHL next year. I think a lot of non-Flint OHL fans are underestimating the team a little. I don’t see them leading the conference or even division but I do think there’s playoff birth potential. Maybe a 7/8 spot with the ceiling being 4/5. There’s a little more depth and talent there than people realize.

I agree that many severely under rate Flint, probably because of the owner and they viewed Morgan & Othmann as zero contributors (this season). That will not be the case. I think Bertuzzi is a better fit than Morgan for Flint; and, their ‘03 born forwards will prove to be quite good.

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint sports fans face a dilemma. Flint Firebirds at 7:30 Saturday or Michigan vs Nebraska at 7:30 Saturday?

Reactions: LDN

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
There is no question that the Firebirds attendance will be effected by Michigan Football. Been that way in Flint for decades. However, it would be nice to get s decent crowd for the boys. We shall see.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
3 games featuring 6 Western Conf teams head to head tonight and all 3 go to OT with all 6 teams picking up at least one point.

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
If the boarders ever open, Canadians can at least come to support the boys. Only 3 players are American, the rest are Canadians.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I thought if you were vaccinated the borders were open.

I think you can get into Canada if vaccinated, but the border for Canadians coming here I think is still closed until Oct 21, no matter vaccination status.

Which doesn't make a ton of sense.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
They (the US) had better open the border for Canadians by November 3rd otherwise the OHL is confronted with USA based teams having to switch their home games versus Canadian teams to Canada.

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
They (the US) had better open the border for Canadians by November 3rd otherwise the OHL is confronted with USA based teams having to switch their home games to Canada.
The OHL has announced that the league/teams have been given permission by both countries to travel back and forth for games. Cross border games are no longer an issue. Still is an issue for fans though.

Reactions: Toldyaso and MJ5

Kenney Mann

Oct 3, 2021
To cross into Canada u also need a negative test from 72 hours also don't forget that or u wasted a trip.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The vast majority of Flint fans are good. Miss being down there to back our Firebirds and seeing some family, but love living in Traverse City and not going to apologize for it, even if some here really do not like it that I post, but live in Traverse City. Here is to a great Firebird season for my hometown team!

Last edited by a moderator:

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
The OHL has announced that the league/teams have been given permission by both countries to travel back and forth for games. Cross border games are no longer an issue. Still is an issue for fans though.
Link? I’m not aware of this announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad