Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Reports are that the surgery went well and he should make a full recovery. There were reports that a London fan in attendance was heckling the trainers as they worked on him telling them to put a bandaid on it and get the game going. I hope that isn't true but if it is I hope the report that some fans beat the hell out of him is.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Curious to see who’s missing tonight. I’m guessing Dellandrea, Oksentyuk, Kolyachonok, Vierling. Probably Gretz but hoping for a return of Kressler and Cavallin with Giroux still in the lineup.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Curious to see who’s missing tonight. I’m guessing Dellandrea, Oksentyuk, Kolyachonok, Vierling. Probably Gretz but hoping for a return of Kressler and Cavallin with Giroux still in the lineup.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Florida Panther fan here. I'm listening to the Saginaw at Flint game tonight on a radio stream. I hear Koly isn't playing, and I read through a few pages of this forum but see nothing.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Sure would like to see what this team could do with all our players here and healthy.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Would love to see the adapt a Jersey that is more classic style hockey jersey like the Star Wars one they wore last night. Even if they modified an “alt” logo to look similar to the Star Wars logo. Might help people get past the original “Rolf meddling” firebirds. if I was any good with the designing software, I’d mock some up.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Would love to see the adapt a Jersey that is more classic style hockey jersey like the Star Wars one they wore last night. Even if they modified an “alt” logo to look similar to the Star Wars logo. Might help people get past the original “Rolf meddling” firebirds. if I was any good with the designing software, I’d mock some up.
For real. I’ve been wanting them to steal the Islanders jerseys for years. Valiant effort last night with 9 forwards and 5 defenseman. Missing their best two forwards and their best D. If Popovich had been sharp early it would have been nice. Refs were horrible last night. Both ways, Flint should have had 3 more PP’s in the 1st and Saginaw could have hadn’t a few more after that too.

Last edited:

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
For real. I’ve been wanting them to steal the Islanders jerseys for years. Valiant effort last night with 9 forwards and 5 defenseman. Missing they’re best two forwards and their best D. If Popovich had been sharp early it would have been nice. Refs were horrible last night. Both ways, Flint should have had 3 more PP’s in the 1st and Saginaw could have hadn’t a few more after that too.
Agree with you on the effort last nite. Exactly why i made the statement above. About loved to see what this team could do with everyone here and healthy

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
In Saginaw's defence we are without Solovyov, Millman, Jenkins. Lennox and that does not help our lineup. Not saying anything about the guys missing in your lineup. But that's the way it goes at this time of the year.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Saginaw is the better team. They should beat Flint. The Firebirds are good, but do not have the Spirit’s depth.

Reactions: Hockey61fan

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
In Saginaw's defence we are without Solovyov, Millman, Jenkins. Lennox and that does not help our lineup. Not saying anything about the guys missing in your lineup. But that's the way it goes at this time of the year.
We know. We know they’re pulling a 3 in 3 too. Flint is just missing more and more important pieces right now though. Many of us have played 3 in 3’s (or worse) and have played with significantly short benches too and will tell you it’s much tougher playing missing 1/4 of your bench.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Been a Flint hockey fan longer than you have been alive
Which is weird, it seems like you would know at least a little something about hockey by now. Maybe if you had actually played. I’ve watched a lot of Space Shuttle launches but I still don’t know anything about flying spacecraft. I certainly don’t get online and argue and offer my opinion to actual astronauts. Then just suggest there’s some united conspiracy against me because they’re not listening to my opinions. They wouldn’t be listening because I would be completely ignorant. Flint showed up with 3 lines, 5 D, their best goalie healing on the bench, their best two forwards missing, their best D gone, played a 16yo in his 4th and 5th game about 15 minutes each night and played Saginaw dead even to a draw for 59 and half and 56 and half minutes....and you came away with THAT observation?

Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Good(ish) news. Belarus didn’t advance so Ox and Koly won’t be missing 2+ weeks next year. Bad news. I can’t see where Koly was playing in the tournament.... Hopefully it’s something he can return from by Dec 28th....if he is indeed injured.

Reactions: Toldyaso

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Good(ish) news. Belarus didn’t advance so Ox and Koly won’t be missing 2+ weeks next year. Bad news. I can’t see where Koly was playing in the tournament.... Hopefully it’s something he can return from by Dec 28th....if he is indeed injured.

Koly played only 2 of 4 games. I didn’t see an explanation

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Which is weird, it seems like you would know at least a little something about hockey by now. Maybe if you had actually played. I’ve watched a lot of Space Shuttle launches but I still don’t know anything about flying spacecraft. I certainly don’t get online and argue and offer my opinion to actual astronauts. Then just suggest there’s some united conspiracy against me because they’re not listening to my opinions. They wouldn’t be listening because I would be completely ignorant. Flint showed up with 3 lines, 5 D, their best goalie healing on the bench, their best two forwards missing, their best D gone, played a 16yo in his 4th and 5th game about 15 minutes each night and played Saginaw dead even to a draw for 59 and half and 56 and half minutes....and you came away with THAT observation?
I see you conveniently left out Flint’s home 3-8 loss to Saginaw. I would expect nothing less from you! However, it is the body of work why I think Saginaw is better. You and your legion of followers need to take off your rose-tints glasses. It is okay to slightly be behind the Spirit at this stage. You with all your supposed experience (that you remind us of dozens of times a year) isn’t worth much when you have those tinted glasses on! Also, skating in low level hockey makes you no smarter than anyone else here! Don’t mean to make you and your cronies heads explode, but Peterborough and Ottawa are better than us too. Keep bringing the hate. I am ready!!! Go Firebirds!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Koly played only 2 of 4 games. I didn’t see an explanation
The West is soooo close that one injury could tip the scales of whether to buy or sell (is the correct decision). Koly going down would hurt a lot. Plus Flint has to gamble on which Ty Dellandrea is going to return from WJC. I think it’ll be 1st round NHL pick Ty not the low effort one we’ve seen most of this year but I’m not certain. The Vierling trade talk I heard was that there was a solid offer on the table. No details other than one team and one player mentioned in the potential return package. I’m a fan of the player but he doesn’t play a position I feel needs to be addressed. MLP’s

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Happy Holidays to our players, their families, our fans, and Firebirds Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad