Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Gordeev-Busby
McCourt-Kolyachonok
Gretz-Bangs
Nilsen-Bianconi

That's a lot of D once Busby and McCourt get healthy. The top 4 will get their minutes. Bianconi looked good in the one whole entire game I've seen and I'd like to see 3 of those bottom 4 get some minutes to develop. I don't see Kolyachonok moved when the trade window is open in Dec. Bianconi can't be moved this year. It better not be Gretz who is their only Michigan kid and had a hell of a game Saturday too. Soooooo....?
looks solid

Reactions: zman77

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Busby and McCourt out 4 to 6 wks so numbers not a problem for awhile. Nice situation though for once to have to many bodys. Feeling a little better about the future now.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I would tend to think that when Busby and McCourt come back, this team should know if they have any chance at a playoff spot. If the answer is no, Gordeev gets moved because he would fetch the biggest return. Then you should return the rest of the crew minus Hakon next year.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I would tend to think that when Busby and McCourt come back, this team should know if they have any chance at a playoff spot. If the answer is no, Gordeev gets moved because he would fetch the biggest return. Then you should return the rest of the crew minus Hakon next year.
I was thinking along the same lines. I still think they're a playoff team. I also think it's possible Gordeev returns next year but yeah, it seemed like one of the more plausible options. Never happen but if you were to pull Nilsen, that's a pretty solid looking 7 man unit. Add 2 OA's up front as cheap as possible and things would look much better.

Reactions: MJ5

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
On London board now...
Confirmed 2 minutes Ago
Ryan Pyette‏Verified account @RyanatLFPress 1m1 minute ago

Knights trade 2017 first-round pick Lucas Rowe to Flint for a conditional
third round pick. He sat out the last two games.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
On London board now...
Confirmed 2 minutes Ago

Based only on scouting reports, I wonder if they try his speed and breakaway ability on the first line with Ty and Conner.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
On London board now...
Confirmed 2 minutes Ago

Just put on the website as well. First Rounder for a conditional 3 rounder in 2020.. Hope there is some talent.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Based only on scouting reports, I wonder if they try his speed and breakaway ability on the first line with Ty and Conner.

imho:
Lucas Rowe needs quality ice time to show his stuff.
Having Ryan Bangs and Koly will help his transition to Flint.
In Koly, Flint has a potential 1st-2nd Round 2019 NHL Draft D-Man.
Excellent mobility and toughness in the D-Zone with a strong work ethic.

October 2, 2018
Firebirds Claim Belarus Native Vladislav Kolyachonok Off Waivers

Kolyachonok-card-1-1024x819.jpg

Flint, Mich. – The Flint Firebirds announced today that the club has claimed defenseman Vladislav Kolyachonok (pronounced kol-ya-chaw-nawk)
off OHL waivers from the London Knights.

Kolyachonok is a highly touted defenseman that is considered a top prospect for the upcoming 2019 NHL Draft in June. He was included as ‘B’ rated prospect, indicating second/third round candidates on NHL Central Scouting’s October ‘Players to Watch List’ for the NHL Draft. He was London’s second-round selection in the 2018 CHL Import Draft. Last season, Kolyachonok recorded 20 points (5G, 15A) in 43 games with the U18 National Belarus team. He also recorded one goal and one assist in five games with Belarus at the 2018 IIHF World U18 Championship in Chelyabinsk and Magnitogorsk, Russia.
“We are thrilled to announce the addition of Vladislav to our hockey club,” said Flint Firebirds Vice President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Barclay Branch. “Vladislav is a highly talented defenseman with a strong level of commitment and will play a significant role with our group moving forward.”
The 6-foot-2, 181-pound defenseman hails from the capital city of Belarus, Minsk. He earned his first-career OHL point and was plus-one in his first game with London on Sep. 21. He will wear #18 for the Firebirds.
With the arrival of Kolyachonok, defenseman Nikita Alexandrov was released Tuesday

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
“We are thrilled to announce the addition of Vladislav to our hockey club,” said Flint Firebirds Vice President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Barclay Branch. “Vladislav is a highly talented defenseman with a strong level of commitment and will play a significant role with our group moving forward.”
"I thank London and the Hunters for completely saving my a$$ after totally blowing it at the Import draft in April." Branch added.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
"I thank London and the Hunters for completely saving my a$$ after totally blowing it at the Import draft in April." Branch added.
I have a feeling Arizona wanted him here but Jenik wanted to stay home...

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
London Knights fan here...
Nice pickups for you the last few weeks.
Bangs...will be a solid Defensive D....Not flashy but will get better with more ice time....just got caught up in the numbers game in London.
Vlad...a STEAL for Flint! He is the real thing and should solidify your d-corps. Has it all... size, puck-handling, vision and good offensively. Definite First Rounder in the NHL Draft. Again....caught up in the Import numbers game here ... so many of us in London are sad to see him go but happy he's getting the chance with another team.
Rowe... well, what can I say? To put it kindly....a total BUST. Has potential with his speed and skill but won't put the work in. Lazy in practices which translates to games. My thoughts are that he felt entitled as a First-Round pick and thought that ice-time would be handed to him on a silver platter. That's not how it works in London with the Hunters. You have to work for your role and he didn't . Only 2 points in 25 games in London last year. Followed by a rumored very heated exchange between him and the coaching staff at the exit interviews at the end of last season. Kid needs a new attitude and some work ethic. Hopefully he gets that in Flint and matures into the player that London thought they were going to get.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
If Rowe comes in with his head on right, then Flint has really increased their compete level today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad