Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm assuming the release of Alexandrov was because you can only hold so many import spots?

Must be hoping Jenik shows next year.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
I'm assuming the release of Alexandrov was because you can only hold so many import spots?

Must be hoping Jenik shows next year.
Actually, just like London did with Boqvist, the Firebirds could hang onto Alexandrov until Jenik were to show up. Releasing Alexandrov (right now anyway) makes little sense with Busby, Gordeev and McCort all on the shelf.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Flint GM is let off the hook pretty big there. Swings and misses on Jenik with the 6th overall pick but because London has too many elite imports, he won't be killed for it
Barclay making his moves from the nice comfortable confines of his southern Ontario home. Lucky on the waiver pick up.

WJ

Reactions: Savard18

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Barclay making his moves from the nice comfortable confines of his southern Ontario home. Lucky on the waiver pick up.

WJ
Actually, just like London did with Boqvist, the Firebirds could hang onto Alexandrov until Jenik were to show up. Releasing Alexandrov (right now anyway) makes little sense with Busby, Gordeev and McCort all on the shelf.
Unless there’s another move coming or one of them is returning

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
London was allowed to carry 3 because Boqvist was a 1st round NHL pick. Jenik is a 3rd so they had to let someone go. I'd rather just move on from Jenik too unless he plans on showing up soon, which I don't think is happening. With Gordeev returning and IF Kolyachonok signs, I don't see a spot for Alexandrov either.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Not true. Boqvist is a 1st round NHL pick. That allowed London to hold on to 3 imports until he was eventually sent back. Since none of the Flint import players are 1st round NHL draft picks they are only allowed to hold onto 2 players rights. It was either drop Jenik or Alexandrov to make the claim.

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Consider yourselves very fortunate getting Kolyachonok. He's a first round talent that would've fetched a ton of high picks if he weren't an import. You will enjoy him

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Not true. Boqvist is a 1st round NHL pick. That allowed London to hold on to 3 imports until he was eventually sent back. Since none of the Flint import players are 1st round NHL draft picks they are only allowed to hold onto 2 players rights. It was either drop Jenik or Alexandrov to make the claim.
Ahhh...that's right. That was the situation under which the Firebirds were able to hold onto the Finnish forward Kristian Vesalainen's rights for a couple of years.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I tried to "Like" that post 9X but it would only me do that once. Based off of Mark Hunter's statements about him in the London Free Press, I think he shows. No confirmation on a Lucas Rowe deal yet it looks like?
this is great for you guys

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Yeah he'll be a top end defenseman for possibly 3 years in this league.

Big coup for free.
Two years younger than Alexandrov. Could be around for a while! Now just gotta hope that he's not so good that he's gone at 18.:laugh:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Okay...let's talk about it.....

Kolyachonok
Gordeev
Busby
McCort
Gretz
Bangs
Nilsen
Bianconi

Who sits when everyone is healthy? I'm betting the coaching staff actually has their fingers crossed that injuries make the decisions easy for them...

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Gordeev-Busby
McCourt-Kolyachonok
Gretz-Bangs
Nilsen-Bianconi

That's a lot of D once Busby and McCourt get healthy. The top 4 will get their minutes. Bianconi looked good in the one whole entire game I've seen and I'd like to see 3 of those bottom 4 get some minutes to develop. I don't see Kolyachonok moved when the trade window is open in Dec. Bianconi can't be moved this year. It better not be Gretz who is their only Michigan kid and had a hell of a game Saturday too. Soooooo....?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Okay...let's talk about it.....

Kolyachonok
Gordeev
Busby
McCort
Gretz
Bangs
Nilsen
Bianconi

Who sits when everyone is healthy? I'm betting the coaching staff actually has their fingers crossed that injuries make the decisions easy for them...
Screw your fast typing fingers. I was working off an iPad here.

Reactions: Firebrd828
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad