Flint Firebirds 2015-16 Season Thread ‎(part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellof

Sep 18, 2015
Grand Blanc, MI
Someone posted on the Firebirds facebook page that the game IS being moved to Saginaw tonight.. still waiting for an official word.

Sucks if it gets moved, I was looking forward to my first trip to your rink
Nothing on Web site or team's Twitter feed as of 1230 PM

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
They should never have moved out of Detroit in the first place. They were getting unbelievable growds.

They didn't have much choice. As mentioned, the team was thrown out of JLA due to the ongoing feud between Illitch and Karmanos. And those big crowds were during the NHL lockout year in 1995 -- the Whalers also drew pretty well in Plymouth during the next NHL lockout.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Well, seeing as he's 20 now and I find it unlikely he'll be taking up an OA spot on somebody's roster next year, it's at least nice to see Seegar net a couple as his OHL career most likely comes to a close. He's worked hard and stuck up for his teammates. Too bad it had to come in another loss. I hope these kids can at least get it together and be competitive against Guelph in their final home game this year.

Bellof

Sep 18, 2015
Grand Blanc, MI
Well, seeing as he's 20 now and I find it unlikely he'll be taking up an OA spot on somebody's roster next year, it's at least nice to see Seegar net a couple as his OHL career most likely comes to a close. He's worked hard and stuck up for his teammates. Too bad it had to come in another loss. I hope these kids can at least get it together and be competitive against Guelph in their final home game this year.

Haven't heard any updates about condition of the ice surface. Hopefully the game's played at DFCU Saturday. If nothing else, will be good to see our ol' buddy Skalde back at the barn

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Haven't heard any updates about condition of the ice surface. Hopefully the game's played at DFCU Saturday. If nothing else, will be good to see our ol' buddy Skalde back at the barn

Just left the rink. The ice seems to be holding. The boys practiced on it this afternoon and are packing up for the Soo right now.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Last game tonight. Hopefully many more seasons to come. What a wild ride! How great it was seeing and hearing the big crowds at our 47 year old barn. Thanks to the coaches, players, sponsors, staff, fans, and yes owner
for bringing Major Junior Hockey to my hometown. It is now time for Rolf to do the right thing for Flint, it's players, and fans and sell the hockey team and keep it in Flint. Special thanks to Costa Papista and his hard work and for the many charities the team donated to. Way to go Flint Firebirds!!!

Bellof

Sep 18, 2015
Grand Blanc, MI
Great crowd Saturday night for the finale. Entertaining game and thought the team played well despite another loss. Team's taking season ticket renewals for 2016-'17. Will be very interesting to see what news comes out here in the next three weeks leading up to April 9th. Go Birds:handclap:

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Great crowd Saturday night for the finale. Entertaining game and thought the team played well despite another loss. Team's taking season ticket renewals for 2016-'17. Will be very interesting to see what news comes out here in the next three weeks leading up to April 9th. Go Birds:handclap:

Has the team set any deadline for renewing tickets? With the Whalers, I usually didn't send my money in until late July or early August. It will be interesting to see if the team tries to push an early deadline or not, considering the uncertainty.

Bellof

Sep 18, 2015
Grand Blanc, MI
Has the team set any deadline for renewing tickets? With the Whalers, I usually didn't send my money in until late July or early August. It will be interesting to see if the team tries to push an early deadline or not, considering the uncertainty.

End of April for deposit to re-up for same seats

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Wow, that's a really early deadline. With the ownership situation so up in the air, I would expect few renewals before the deadline. I certainly wouldn't be giving the current owner my money right now under these circumstances.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Yeah. They had an ad up on the jumbotron last game, flyers being handed out and a booth set up. Really? Trying to squeeze the last out of it before you sell Rolf? "Get your Firebirds 2016-17 season tickets! We MAY stilll be here!" I put the deposit down on my two and two more I wanted that I thought would get reserved quick. It's $50 deposit a seat and it's refundable. So, I got them reserved, now I'm just waiting to see what happens next and whether they get paid off or I go get my deposit back.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Time to start looking towards the draft. Crazy game in the OHL Cup final tonight. Some good players out there that will be picked. Really like defenseman Robertson on YSE, also, #76 Horvath on the Marlboros looks a lot like Duchesne did on D last year when he played for Toronto. At 3rd overall Flint needs to take the best forward available that is going to report. Maybe look at an elite Defenseman at 5. Doubt any of that happens though, as has been said, they are still trying to figure out who wants to go the OHL route. The NTDP still has to come out with their first 10 or so commitments as well. Exciting times ahead.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Yeah. They had an ad up on the jumbotron last game, flyers being handed out and a booth set up. Really? Trying to squeeze the last out of it before you sell Rolf? "Get your Firebirds 2016-17 season tickets! We MAY stilll be here!" I put the deposit down on my two and two more I wanted that I thought would get reserved quick. It's $50 deposit a seat and it's refundable. So, I got them reserved, now I'm just waiting to see what happens next and whether they get paid off or I go get my deposit back.

That's not too bad if the team is not asking for all the money up front. With relatively few season ticket holders in Plymouth, we had the luxury of waiting until summer to send in any money. They were always very accommodating to the STHers, and still are with USA Hockey (it's the same box office manager and staff).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad