D-pairs:
Nemeth-Green
Daley-Hronek
Biega/Ericsson-Bowey
In goal:
Howard
Pickard

power play units:
1. Larkin (net front), Bertuzzi (slot), Hronek-Fabbri (half walls), Green (point).
2. Smith (net front), Filppula (slot), Nielsen-Zadina (half walls), Daley (point).

iu

I expect the Pens to come out flying after losing 4-1 in BOS last night, Sid scored :24 seconds in. Krug holds his own in bout vs. Hornqvist. I hope we rough up the Pens tonight (no cheap shots though), just borderline stuff which lowers the Pens PO seeding down to WC spot. If the Blues & Flyers can make Marchand cry, we can make Crysby cry (again).​

Last edited:

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
What's wrong with this as the top unit?

Larkin (net front), Bertuzzi (slot), Hronek-Fabbri (half walls), Green (point).

In my opinion, everything lol.

Our two capable PP QB’s on the same unit. Hronek on the left boards (he has a bomb but that’s about his only use there). Larkin still not on the half wall which I don’t get. Zadina on the second unit is disappointing.

Bylsma is not putting guys in a place to succeed based on their skillsets, simple as that.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
In my opinion, everything lol.

Our two capable PP QB’s on the same unit. Hronek on the left boards (he has a bomb but that’s about his only use there). Larkin still not on the half wall which I don’t get. Zadina on the second unit is disappointing.

Bylsma is not putting guys in a place to succeed based on their skillsets, simple as that.

I guess, but on paper I like the look of this more than configurations we've seen in the past. As for both QBs on the same unit, well, I don't think we can afford to dilute the talent. And I'm not sure Zadina deserves to be on unit 1 above any of the players there.

There's been a lot of throwing spaghetti at the wall. This all looks really reasonable to me, in the sense I get why it's being done. We haven't exactly had a crackin' PP so there's no ol' reliable formation to get back to. Mantha being out is a huge blow, that guy was finishing his chances.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I guess, but on paper I like the look of this more than configurations we've seen in the past. As for both QBs on the same unit, well, I don't think we can afford to dilute the talent. And I'm not sure Zadina deserves to be on unit 1 above any of the players there.

There's been a lot of throwing spaghetti at the wall. This all looks really reasonable to me, in the sense I get why it's being done. We haven't exactly had a crackin' PP so there's no ol' reliable formation to get back to. Mantha being out is a huge blow, that guy was finishing his chances.

Not going to disagree with that. In the end we don’t have the talent to have a dominant power play regardless of setup.

I just get a bit disgruntled by the usage of some of these guys because I don’t think they’re being put in a position to succeed. I don’t have much faith in Bylsma and think he’s kinda clueless lol

Reactions: Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad