Fleury a potential hall of famer?

member 51464

Fleury will be in the HOF when pigs fly. Last night's 3rd goal was another demonstration that he's not anywhere close to being a candidate.

While I agree that Fleury is almost assuredly not a HHOF, I think it is silly to point to any given goal as a demonstration on why he is not. Even true all-time greats have let in some awful goals.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Absurd to even consider as a joke. As was evidenced last night, even teams in the West know that that if MAF makes a save high on his glove side, it is a fluke.

MAF: stay the fukc up and make the save.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ya totally.

If a goalie has one of his defenseman tip a puck over his glove he get's DQ'd from HOF consideration!

Honestly, Fleury is the worst cap allocation on this team. We are dropping five million dollars on someone that rode the bench all last playoffs. Well, not before he almost blew the series single handedly against the Isles for us.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I care alot more about Sid/Geno's accomplishments than Fleury's. He could get in the Hall or end his career in the KHL and I really wouldn't care.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Ya totally.

If a goalie has one of his defenseman tip a puck over his glove he get's DQ'd from HOF consideration!

Fun fact -

Fleury is the only potential hof'er that can not and has never been able to stop any sort of deflection, any chance off a turnover, and let's in most flip writers from the point.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I care about the banners hanging from the rafters...not one single players individual accomplishments. Those accomplishments are rendered moot if you don't win the ultimate prize.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
When a team like the Hawks has a core of players who has won the Cup multiple times, I don't care what team it is, you're ******** bricks when you're going into their house and you see the banners. And you get into the playoffs, and you're playing that team...those banners start to talk to you. We need more banners with this current crop of guys. It ultimately falls on the shoulders of 87 and 71. Sure, Fleury sucked balls last year, but those two in the Boston series were not very good at all.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
When a team like the Hawks has a core of players who has won the Cup multiple times, I don't care what team it is, you're ******** bricks when you're going into their house and you see the banners. And you get into the playoffs, and you're playing that team...those banners start to talk to you. We need more banners with this current crop of guys. It ultimately falls on the shoulders of 87 and 71. Sure, Fleury sucked balls last year, but those two in the Boston series were not very good at all.

The last two playoff losses have been full team losses. Fleury stood out against Philly obviously, but nobody played well.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
The last two playoff losses have been full team losses. Fleury stood out against Philly obviously, but nobody played well.

Even farther back that that - the lost to Tampa because they couldn't score, and they lost against Montreal because Crosby + Malkin disappeared and Fleury was bad outside of a couple games.

malksby8771

Jul 28, 2011
If Flower plays 70 games this season, he'd be on pace for 48 wins, tying the record. Just sayin...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lemieux, Gretzky, and Sam Gagner all have scored 8 points in a game.

Should I include Gagner in a discussion about the greatest ever . . . or even the Hall of Fame? :help:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If he wins another Cup, yes. Without a doubt.

Even if he doesn't, he has a chance.

I don't think he needs to win a cup, but just redeem himself in the playoffs. If he hits 500 - which is very realistic, and goes back to being decent in the playoffs (win a round or so), yes, he'll make it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think he needs to win a cup, but just redeem himself in the playoffs. If he hits 500 - which is very realistic, and goes back to being decent in the playoffs (win a round or so), yes, he'll make it.

I suspect you're underselling the 'choker' effect on the hockey media.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008

I honestly can't understand this thinking. It would be an embarrassment to the HOF if he makes it in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad