Post-Game Talk: Flem

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I watch because I love the sport of hockey. I have a lot of problems with the way the league runs things.

If I hate something, I don't watch it.

Why do the fans in every sport hate the refs? They usually believe their team is being hosed. Obviously, that's impossible.

Reffing is an impossible job to have and please people.

If the leagues could make it better they would.

The funniest is the NFL, where literally every play has multiple penalties that could be called.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If I hate something, I don't watch it.

Why do the fans in every sport hate the refs? They usually believe their team is being hosed. Obviously, that's impossible.

Reffing is an impossible job to have and please people.

If the leagues could make it better they would.

The funniest is the NFL, where literally every play has multiple penalties that could be called.
It's ok to like a sport but hate the way it's managed by a particular league. Officiating in the NHL is awful. The game is too fast and the refs for the most part are game managing robots. I don't think there is any conspiracy, I just think for the most part there is a lot of incompetence. Same with the NFL and MLB. They have their own problems with refs/umps.

Reactions: egelband

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
-The lack of calls on Calgary for interference away from the puck were staggering. Numerous forwards were being blocked/interfered with on the forecheck pursuing the puck and they only called one of them. Horrible officiating again.
This was a real drag. There was at least once where two Flames interfered with the Ranger forechecker simultaneously. Yet no call.
For Monday, I'd like to see:
10-16-91
13-72-24
20-93-74
12-21-26

Just to mix things up a little.

It's good, but coach won't play Kravstov, so no dice ... I have to assume that GG is trying to get Drury to trade him for a fourth liner type. I'm sure GG can see what a nothing player Lesch is.

It's ok to like a sport but hate the way it's managed by a particular league. Officiating in the NHL is awful. The game is too fast and the refs for the most part are game managing robots. I don't think there is any conspiracy, I just think for the most part there is a lot of incompetence. Same with the NFL and MLB. They have their own problems with refs/umps.
Part of it is they don't want to call endless power plays, so they are forced to overlook stuff.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
If every team is facing similar circumstances over the course of a season, no one is at a disadvantage, and the teams in the Rangers division have a huge edge in time spent traveling.
Again, I'm only talking back-to-backs. There aren't that many during the season, but the ones that teams do play shouldn't give one team a significant advantage.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Do you believe that sports leagues don't want good officiating, so they keep it inferior on purpose?

Isn't it more likely that it's hard to be a ref?

What would you do to rectify the situation?

Again, I'm only talking back-to-backs. There aren't that many during the season, but the ones that teams do play shouldn't give one team a significant advantage.
They even out over a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad