GDT: Flams vs Panthers... rnd II

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
If there's anything I learned from the Sam Bennett goal, is that the Johnny Gaudreau goal is the product of Johnny Gaudreau.

Reactions: Boomstick

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The effort by Hanifin just before Gaudreau's break away won't be remembered but he got his stick in at the last second to break up the 2 on 1, that was a great play
That's what moved me to make the post, but there have been a bunch like it in this game. The Flames have really cleaned up a lot of the details that have been eluding them lately. Hopefully they don't make me look bad by collapsing in the third.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's what moved me to make the post, but there have been a bunch like it in this game. The Flames have really cleaned up a lot of the details that have been eluding them lately. Hopefully they don't make me look bad by collapsing in the third.

If I know the Flames they most likely will but I agree the effort and attention to detail tonight has been noticeably better. I do wonder how much covid and limited activity combined with cross country travel screwed with them, although that doesn't explain the lack of effort vs Ottawa

Reactions: Boomstick

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If I know the Flames they most likely will but I agree the effort and attention to detail tonight has been noticeably better. I do wonder how much covid and limited activity combined with cross country travel screwed with them, although that doesn't explain the lack of effort vs Ottawa
I think the softy by Markstrom was the root cause last game. When the team is playing well they can shake that off pretty easily, but on a four-game skid having that go in right off the hop after having a pretty good start really sucks the life out of a team.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think the softy by Markstrom was the root cause last game. When the team is playing well they can shake that off pretty easily, but on a four-game skid having that go in right off the hop after having a pretty good start really sucks the life out of a team.

I kinda disagree about them being able to shake it off this team tends to fold after 1 bit of adversity atleast historically

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad