GDT: Flaming Bears: Bruins (4-1-0) @ Flames(3-2-0) 7:30PM MT (SN360, FAN960)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
tenor.gif

Calgary Lines as of Practice/Estimation:

:flames

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Neal
Hathaway - Ryan - Czarnik

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Andersson
Valimaki - Stone

Smith

:bruins

Marchand - Bergeron - Patrnak
Nordstrom - Krejci - Debrusk
Donata - Backes - Bjork
Wagner - Kuraly - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Miller
Moore - Carlo

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Flames are going to be on nationally in the States for the first time in.... years. Cuthbert and Pierre with the call.

Might try to see if I can watch that broadcast since I hate how much the crowd is muted on SN feeds

Also wearing the retros tonight

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Some storylines to follow:

• Can the Flames play a full 60 minutes? Will the Flames start playing hockey at the drop of the puck?
  • Boston is coming into the dome on a 4 game win streak. Current win streak includes beating: Detroit, Edmonton, Buffalo and Ottawa; in other words, the class of the league.
  • Can Mike Smith bounce back? His last game was a pull; and Rittich came in and had a dynamite performance for Calgary. It will be an interesting story to follow, the leash of Smith moving forward with Rittich providing solid backup goaltending.
  • Lind Blenders: How quick will Peters be to blend up the lines again today. Saturday had a single period under the belt of the team before the lines were shuffled.
  • Can Bennett maintain his level of play? He has looked like a legit top 6 threat for the past 3 games; interesting to see if it continues.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The game's going to be on nationally in the States for the first time in.... years. Cuthbert and Pierre with the call.

I'm a little confused by what you mean here. Could you clarify?

Aka it's the first time in years that __________ has been nationally televised in the US.

The Flames? Flames vs. Bruins? A Canadian team? One of those specifically on a Wednesday?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm a little confused by what you mean here. Could you clarify?

Aka it's the first time in years that __________ has been nationally televised in the US.

The Flames? Flames vs. Bruins? A Canadian team? One of those specifically on a Wednesday?
Sorry first time a Flames regular season game has been nationally televised in the US

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Flames need to come in flying or the Bruins are gonna take advantage of any minute we decide to fool around and not play our best.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sorry first time a Flames regular season game has been nationally televised in the US
Okay, neat. I wonder about the other Canadian teams. It does make sense, though. With 24 American teams there aren't too many times it would make sense for them to televise a Canadian team nationally.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Some storylines to follow:

• Can the Flames play a full 60 minutes? Will the Flames start playing hockey at the drop of the puck?
  • Boston is coming into the dome on a 4 game win streak. Current win streak includes beating: Detroit, Edmonton, Buffalo and Ottawa; in other words, the class of the league.
  • Can Mike Smith bounce back? His last game was a pull; and Rittich came in and had a dynamite performance for Calgary. It will be an interesting story to follow, the leash of Smith moving forward with Rittich providing solid backup goaltending.
  • Lind Blenders: How quick will Peters be to blend up the lines again today. Saturday had a single period under the belt of the team before the lines were shuffled.
  • Can Bennett maintain his level of play? He has looked like a legit top 6 threat for the past 3 games; interesting to see if it continues.
I'd also add Czarnik vs former team

also, with playing twice in China, the familiarity could make it a more intense game.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Wearing the retro's on an NBC game hmmmm...could this mean they're actually ashamed of the wretched flag unis?? And switching to the retros full time next year??

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Live shot of Bennett:
giphy.gif

I really think this is an opportunity for Jankowski and Bennett to take advantage of the spot they find themselves in. On paper this is as good a line as either have seen in the last year. Nobody can deny what Jagr brought to the line last year. I think this could be a defining moment for the Flames if this line can get things going tonight.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Lines for tonight

Not sure why Peters moved Frolik back onto the Backlund line. I liked Czarnik there.
I like that Hathaway is in the lineup. I always liked Hathaway. He plays with a lot of energy.
No Dube tonight?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not sure why Peters moved Frolik back onto the Backlund line. I liked Czarnik there.
I like that Hathaway is in the lineup. I always liked Hathaway. He plays with a lot of energy.
No Dube tonight?
Because the Bruins arguably have the best top line in hockey and like it or not defensively speaking, Frolik is infinitely better than Czarnik and that line will get the Bs top line.

Reactions: Janks

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The 3M's were reunited to contain the Bruins top line. If it doesn't work or the Bruins get an early lead, I'm sure they'll be broken up quickly.

And Neal isn't an anchor like Brouwer was so I'll be interested in seeing how the third line does.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
As others have mentioned, the 3M line is intact to withstand the top lines’ blows. Those three are arguably our best 3 defensive forwards and have good chemistry together. Well, Lindholm is pretty good too.

It’s gonna be a hard fought battle. Win or lose, I just want a 60 minute effort.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As others have mentioned, the 3M line is intact to withstand the top lines’ blows. Those three are arguably our best 3 defensive forwards and have good chemistry together. Well, Lindholm is pretty good too.

It’s gonna be a hard fought battle. Win or lose, I just want a 60 minute effort.

The Flames have been in every game this season. Even that season opener stinker where the PP wasn't working.
I suspect we at least get a good game tonight. Hasn't been a game yet where we've just laid down and died; I've been saving this gif for that:

Orm-shooting-arrow.gif

Reactions: Rubi and Czarchuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad