GDT: Flaming Bears: Bruins (4-1-0) @ Flames(3-2-0) 7:30PM MT (SN360, FAN960)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wrong. The slowest player on the Flames line and the Bruins line is Frolik. I fully expect Frolik to get burned a couple of times and then he's back on the 4th line and Czarnik takes his place on the 2nd. This isn't 2016 anymore and Frolik isn't still 29.
No, he is not wrong. Believe me, I don't say OKG is right often, but in this case, OKG is absolutely, 100% correct

Reactions: Wish You Were Here

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
A lot of people are saying that Frolik was moved back with Chucky and Backs to enhance their shut down capability against the Bruins #1 line. I'm not convinced that a 31 year old Frolik will do that.
I think Chucky and Backs will miss Czarnik's speed. I think a Chucky-Backs-Czarnnik line will do well against the Bergeron line. IMO Frolik is just too slow these days... plus I think Czarnik provides more offensive punch than Frolik.

Bruins top line is pretty scary. You want a vet on them that can win possession and just chip it out and kill some time as it's near impossible to shut them down. Speed isn't as important as guys whom can make the smart play, cover their man and not get lost in d-zone coverage. Don't look to win that battle - just don't lose it by too much.

Thrilled that Czarnik has held on with you guys.

I've touched base with your board before. I'm from Calgary. Hopefully that's o.k.
Looking forward to seeing a bunch of your team tonight as I haven't caught the first couple games - no surprise. But really want you or Anaheim to surprise in The West this year!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Guys, they'll be fine. We're talking about the 3M line.
I really hope so.. and if they aren't I know that, unlike previous years, the coach won't hesitate to make in-game changes.
In Peters We Trust.

And since I've just mentioned Bill Peters, I want to say that so far I'm impressed with his coaching, his demand that the Flames play with speed, his willingness to allow the defense to jump into the play and take chances (within reason), his ability to make in-game adjustments, and his demand for accountability from his players.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
GO FLAMES GO!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rubi

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Wrong. The slowest player on the Flames line and the Bruins line is Frolik. I fully expect Frolik to get burned a couple of times and then he's back on the 4th line and Czarnik takes his place on the 2nd. This isn't 2016 anymore and Frolik isn't still 29.

Frolik hasn't been "burned" this year in the sense that his footspeed has let him down. He's made undisciplined plays with his stick and worse plays with the puck on his stick. These are mental errors usually attributed to a lack of confidence.

As for not being 29, big whoop, he's 30. Know who else is not 29? Patrice Bergeron is 33. Brad Marchand is also 30. Age doesn't mean an automatic dissipation of all footspeed. Frolik is an excellent skater and if he's lost anything to wear and tear, it's not going to be a difference maker.

With him being a healthy scratch last game, and playing on a limited minutes fourth line most of the season, you haven't seen much of him so you're jumping to a conclusion that he's somehow a slow player, but it's ignorant. Some of our quickest lines in preseason were Frolik-Ryan-Czarnik and Bennett-Jankowski-Frolik because of Frolik's ability to still be an effective forechecking monster. His speed was what got him the first star in San Jose's preseason game. His empty-netter to seal game 2 also showed that he still has acceleration.

Is he probably slower than Backlund, Gaudreau, Bennett, Dube, and Czarnik? Sure, maybe. But he's
probably comparable to Lindholm, Ryan, and Jankowski. I think he's still faster than Monahan, Tkachuk, and Neal.

Last edited:

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Stay away from the penalty box and we can match them. Frolik needs to have one of his better performances in order to repay the favour. Go Flames

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fingers crossed. The Flames will live and die by Smith's performance. Wish I had more confidence.

FlamesNewArena

Sep 10, 2018
what is sportsnet doing. if this was the leafs it would have been on right away. Sadly i don't have 360

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Bruins are a good team, which means making relatively small mistakes leads to great chances and extended zone time defensively. Sloppy play by the Flames early.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Frolik gets scratched and comes out flying tonight, f*** yeah. Beauty goal from the 3M goal, bae gonna bae.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad