TSN: Flames will need to go 22-11 to make the playoffs (.666 hockey)

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Not many (even very high) draft picks make much of an impact to their team immediately after getting drafted. Even guys like Yakabov need time to settle in. The Sedins took an extra year in Sweden before they even played for the Canucks, and 3 more years after that, before they were #1 line players.

And the Flames are more than 1 player from "recoverying".

Recoverying lol.

I think this "rebuild" or whatever you call it will be beneficial in many ways. More so for the fans' sanity. I mean, right now we suck but we really don't have much hope for the future. At least if we have guys like MacKinnon, Baertschi, Backlund, Brodie even maybe Irving, we can suck, but we will always have this hope that it will get better. I need that hope. Right now, it is a very dark with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I say we just tank this season and draft Mr Mackinnion we don't have to suffer that long compared to a 82 game season.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'd rather not play like the Oilers.

If we're getting the first overall pick, I still want us to play well.

Yes, me too.

If you're going to go down, go down fighting... My only concern is I don't want management making stupid reactionary moves... If the teams out, they are out. We keep our 2013 1st, we don't try and fix this team.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Yes, me too.

If you're going to go down, go down fighting... My only concern is I don't want management making stupid reactionary moves... If the teams out, they are out. We keep our 2013 1st, we don't try and fix this team.

I can't (I hope I'm right. Dear God I hope I'm right.) see us trading our first, as Feaster knows this team is a roller-coaster team. I'd imagine he's also putting much more emphasis on the draft.

Edit: The only time I'd ever condone trading our 1st is for a young proven stud (Note: Just and example, not actual value: Gio +1st for Huberdeau or Skinner)

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Yes, me too.

Feaster is smarter than that (atleast I hope so).. He knows the situation, and that playoffs is going to be really tough to make. And he knows that the first pick is going to be very valuable assuming this keeps up. So I doubt Feaster makes a panic move, especially in a short season like this where there is not a lot of room to climb back up.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
You do realize the suffering is just beginning right? It will be YEARS before the Flames are competitive again (just look at Edmonton). :cry:

I agree with this. People who think it will be a simple quick fix and a few top draft picks to turn things around are not being realistic. The Flames should have started a rebuild 2 seasons ago when they probably could have asked for the moon for a few of their players. It's going to take even longer now because most of their top players are old and won't fetch what they should. There are some long tough games and seasons ahead for the Calgary faithful.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
You do realize the suffering is just beginning right? It will be YEARS before the Flames are competitive again (just look at Edmonton). :cry:

We get it man.

Can you stop embarrassing the **** out of the franchise on the main board?

It's become very awkward.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

Edmonton could've rebuilt that team twice as fast as they've done. They simply have terrible management that does nothing to improve their team but finish last in the standings and get a good draft pick. It also doesn't help that they keep ruining their players by rushing them to the NHL without giving them the chance to make the proper transition (See Gagner, Paajarvi). Also drafting only promising forwards 5 years in a row doesn't seem like the bright thing to do. This team just simply has bad management and im confident that Feaster and the boys and rebuild this team more successfully than Tambellini. Ill give it a time table of 3-4 years.

mjw22

Feb 10, 2012
moosejaw

Competitive again we havent been competitive for 3 years. So now it'll be another 3-4 years of missing the play offs . Iggy and Kipper arent going to bring what some on here think. I think they will just keep them and continue to tinker with this line up . Edwards is dellusional when it comes to rebuilding and wont until the seats are 1/2 empty and merchandise sales stop. The new song and dance will be " well Kipper was hurt ,it was a short season etc we think when everyone is healthy in a full season under our new coach we can compete " same old same old :help:

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Why? When you've played as poorly as the Flames have recently, you deserve to be the laughing stock of the league.

Yeah that ninth place finish last year was so embarrassing. We should shower ridicule onto ourselves for having such a failure of a franchise. FOR SHAME!

But seriously... if you are so desperate for attention, good for you. Just know that the rest of us have to be embarrassed for you.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Hey man nothings worse than PuckGenius threads. It's a message board, he's free to post whatever he wants. We are individuals regardless of our favourite team. He by no means represents my opinion in ANY way, shape or form. Thank you.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hey man nothings worse than PuckGenius threads. It's a message board, he's free to post whatever he wants. We are individuals regardless of our favourite team. He by no means represents my opinion in ANY way, shape or form. Thank you.

Yeah unfortunately that's not how the rest of the board sees it. If one Flames fan is vocal enough and posts enough, he becomes all they see of our fanbase, and take it as gold.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Not every single poster on HF judges an entire fanbase over one poster's opinion. :laugh:

It always ends up contributing to the opinion of the fanbase of a whole. I know I don't always pay attention to who is posting what, so one guy posting nonsense on a consistent basis just melds into how I view a particular fanbase.

There's no need for him to make a thread when Stajan gets put on a line with Iginla. Or when they have a bad first period against the Blues, likening it to the blowout against Boston. Or (my personal favourite), make a thread suggesting the Flames trade for Crosby. This is all just completely unnecessary, and that's my personal opinion that I'm entitled to.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
It always ends up contributing to the opinion of the fanbase of a whole. I know I don't always pay attention to who is posting what, so one guy posting nonsense on a consistent basis just melds into how I view a particular fanbase.

There's no need for him to make a thread when Stajan gets put on a line with Iginla. Or when they have a bad first period against the Blues, likening it to the blowout against Boston. Or (my personal favourite), make a thread suggesting the Flames trade for Crosby. This is all just completely unnecessary, and that's my personal opinion that I'm entitled to.

Forgot about that one. The "I'M DEAD SERIOUS!" part got to me.

Just wow. :facepalm:

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
What was wrong with that proposal? :dunno:

It was a completely LEGITIMATE trade proposal. An attempt at landing the best player in the game!

The fact that you don't know what's wong with it (on so many levels) speaks volumes.

First of all you can't even trade 10 years worth of 1st rounders. :laugh: I think it's 5-6 tops. Second of all, why in Gods name would anyone want to do that?!?! :laugh::laugh:

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Tanking the season is probably a pretty good idea. Look at Montreal, awful team last year, first in the North East this year with a future franchise player like Galchenyuk in hand. We have some good vets and some good young players. Keep guys like Tanguay, Glencross, Hudler, Bouwmeester and get rid of guys like Iginla and Cammalleri.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I want:
Barkov
Monahan
MacKinnon
Jones
Lindholm
Drouin

In that order.

Thats interesting... I would personally pick MacKinnon over Barkov and Monahan, but we probably won't get the first pick so I would definitely be happy with any of those players. I agree with Drouin being that low but only because he doesn't meet the Flames' needs. We have many undersized prospects and I fear if we get Drouin we will be way too small in the future. A guy like MacKinnon or Barkov is definitely the first priority.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Well If we go down fighting its going to be the same outcome as last season just barley not getting in... Well I think if we get lets say into a top 7 we will get someone pretty solid like Barkov or Drouin. Jones will prob go top 3 same with Makinnon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad