GDT: Flames vs Sens @ 3pm MT

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The referees exchange a confused glance with each other, both thinking "we already called that one, right?"

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Man a lot of empty seats. I always dream about going to diff rinks around the league to watch the flames. I check out various ticket brokers w ice view etc. I'm just in Burnaby so a flight to Calgary isn't even bad and I could do a homestand. Tickets in Calgary (good seats) are pretty expensive though. Took my lady down several years ago. Funny enough we saw a Canuck flames game (the only team I've seen the flames face live since 1989 in playoffs vs Chicago) but our tickets were $500 for a pair (reg season). We ended up playing them in the playoffs that year as is required if we are to advance to round 2 which we did.

Could go for a trip to nyi nyr buf and nj and get a pair to 3/4 (sans msg) for the same cost cumulatively. Almost.
Just tough to get there. Florida trip could be fun too.

I also wouldn't travel internationally right now w covid, but it's a neat thought.

Seattle tickets will be expensive for awhile as far as the new close option.

I've seen a dozen flames Canucks games here over the years that I'm interested in other options.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man a lot of empty seats. I always dream about going to diff rinks around the league to watch the flames. I check out various ticket brokers w ice view etc. I'm just in Burnaby so a flight to Calgary isn't even bad and I could do a homestand. Tickets in Calgary are pretty expensive though. Took my lady down several years ago. Funny enough we saw a Canuck flames game (the only team I've seen the flames face live since 1989 in playoffs vs Chicago) but our tickets were $500 for a pair (reg season). We ended up playing them in the playoffs that year as is required if we are to advance to round 2 which we did.

Could go for a trip to nyi nyr buf and nj and get a pair to 3/4 (sans msg) for the same cost.
Just tough to get there. Florida trip could be fun too.

I also wouldn't travel internationally right now w covid, but it's a neat thought.

Seattle tickets will be expensive for awhile as far as the new close option.

I've seen a dozen flames Canucks games here over the years that I'm interested in other options.
Kind of funny that I have a similar experience. Almost exclusively attended Canucks home games over the past decade or so, but I did fly into Calgary to watch a home game for my bachelor party back in 2016. The opposition? The Vancouver Canucks.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's 3-on-5 every time the top line is out there.

Gaudreau circles and backhands a simple pass to Zadorov who almost falls over trying to control it. Hard to watch

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's 3-on-5 every time the top line is out there.

Gaudreau circles and backhands a simple pass to Zadorov who almost falls over trying to control it. Hard to watch
Eh, that wasn't an overly simple pass. Right through a Senator so he saw it late, and it was fired hard at his back skate. Not surprised he didn't handle it cleanly.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I was able to go to see them when they had a road trip to California - San Jose, LA & Anaheim. Mid-February, about 6 days. Was a great trip, lots of Flames fans particularly on the back half of the trip. Highly recommended when the pandemic is not an issue, and ideally in the dead of winter.

Reactions: flames23

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Kind of funny that I have a similar experience. Almost exclusively attended Canucks home games over the past decade or so, but I did fly into Calgary to watch a home game for my bachelor party back in 2016. The opposition? The Vancouver Canucks.

Haha amazing. Ours was the Valentine's Day game 2015. I had a blank jersey, but wanted to get another so she could wear one during the game too, but would be mine moving forward. Gaudreau jerseys were sold out so I went with a Monahan. 23 being my fave number helped him being the backup. Would have taken awhile to have a Wilm option fashioned. Lol.

Anyway he scored twice and Bouma got the winner in a 3-2 win.

Spent an enjoyable 4 days there. We were treated to a Chinook as we arrived so had 20c weather the entire time during February. Hit up the zoo and everything. Showed my missus the house I grew up in as a kid too. Was a trip.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I was able to go to see them when they had a road trip to California - San Jose, LA & Anaheim. Mid-February, about 6 days. Was a great trip, lots of Flames fans particularly on the back half of the trip. Highly recommended when the pandemic is not an issue, and ideally in the dead of winter.

Yes! A Cali trip is also a great option.
We went to San Fran in 2014 and loved it there. Was in the summer so no hockey options , but was great.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Eh, that wasn't an overly simple pass. Right through a Senator so he saw it late, and it was fired hard at his back skate. Not surprised he didn't handle it cleanly.
Have to be on your toes and expect Gaudreau to thread the needle like that. It was a good shift by our forwards marred by Zadorov having to dump it into the corner to no one because he wasn't ready.

It's small things like these where our Dmen have to do more to support our offense.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Eek. Gaudreau has to make it 2-0 there.

Still. We didn't get scored on and lead. I'm happy...for now ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad